Sep 22, 2009, 06:30 PM
Can glue better than fly!
Thread OP
Lake behind the house huh? My original idea was to have the shark take off from water, with the bottom front being the somehow boyant part but once i took that away, it was cut and glued in one nite and never thought of again.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2009, 08:59 PM
Don't look at me like that....
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellRazor_77
That was me.
A freind of mine said he tried to buy that off of you. He wanted to chase my flying surfer dude around with it.
Sep 22, 2009, 09:25 PM
Foam Av8r
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot
A freind of mine said he tried to buy that off of you. He wanted to chase my flying surfer dude around with it.
LMAO
Sep 22, 2009, 11:51 PM
KFC
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
Someone came up to me and asked me if I had a kit for it, but I didn't. I don't recall anyone asking to buy it from me...

I like the idea, though. I may have to make a surfer for my dad.
Oct 04, 2009, 11:13 PM

I want one

Which PDF is the best one to download for the Hammerhead? Are you saying that all you need is the control surfaces on the head and not hook up the fins on the back. I really want to freak the guys out at the RC feild because they are always shaking their heads because I like to find wacky and different things to fly.

HC

Quote:
Someone came up to me and asked me if I had a kit for it, but I didn't. I don't recall anyone asking to buy it from me...

Oct 05, 2009, 08:37 AM
Don't look at me like that....
Quote:

Tall ,60 ish, white hair, glasses. Likes to talk and won't shut up. Named Myron.
Oct 06, 2009, 09:21 AM
KFC
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy camper
Which PDF is the best one to download for the Hammerhead? Are you saying that all you need is the control surfaces on the head and not hook up the fins on the back. I really want to freak the guys out at the RC feild because they are always shaking their heads because I like to find wacky and different things to fly.

HC
I can't speak to which PDF file is the right one, since my shark isn't based on his design, but if 'm reading the filenames correctly, one of the sharks is 46 inches long and the other one is 30 inches long. would say go with the 46 inch shark.

As for putting fins on the back, I did not do this and it flies very well. If you work out a lightweight power system and keep the weight forward, it ought to work ok.

I understand your circumstances perfectly. At my own field, I am referred to as the 'Mad Scientist' because I'm always trying to fly really odd looking airplanes.
Apr 29, 2018, 12:53 PM
I Look, Listen, and Learn
Stumbled across this thread and decided to attempt a shark build. I didn't want a motor up front and tried the ol prop in slot design....as noted in posts the CG is hard to attain in this design, so after the maiden I do believe the motor will have to go up front....I made mine from a sheet of DTF not expecting it to stay alive out of water for too long . The flight, as expected, was just so so. I will build another with the motor up front and I think I'll enlarge the fins a little more for more stability and then I do believe it will be a good flyer. Here's the video of the maiden and some pics of the changes I did to the orignal design.
Homemade RC shark plane that sorta flew (2 min 25 sec)
Last edited by Timbo383; Apr 29, 2018 at 04:21 PM.
Apr 29, 2018, 03:21 PM
Retired CAD guy
If it's Sharks you like then also please consider this design.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2078272
http://www.hoosiercutoutservice.com/planes/Shark.htm
Apr 29, 2018, 05:38 PM
Hey Bob, already seen that one, but no, too complicated for my build style. Anything that takes me more than a week to put together gets taken off my want to do list.
I have seen several good shark builds but this one is simple and easy....just the way I like it.
Oct 11, 2019, 03:30 PM
Can glue better than fly!
Thread OP
The original Hammerhead was still flying until recently I took it to a float fly event because hey, it's as much a seaplane as you can get. It was a little too windy but everyone wanted to see it fly so....
Oct 14, 2019, 06:14 PM
SHARK!!!!, SHARK!!!, everybody out if the water!!!

Quick Reply