New hit from Silverlit: PicooZ - Page 51 - RC Groups
Oct 14, 2006, 10:35 PM
Huggybaby
Indeed, that's the first time I've heard of that. Could have been early in the morning in China...
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2006, 01:03 AM
ISP Supervisor
lol!
Oct 15, 2006, 01:25 AM
My Pico seems to set off my smoke/carbon monoxide alarm. Runs it into test mode. What the heck is that about?

Spark
Oct 15, 2006, 01:50 AM
Huggybaby
Does your Picoo need to be flying, or will the transmitter alone set it off?
Oct 15, 2006, 08:54 AM
I think the transmitter alone does it. I have to check again. Perhaps it has an infrared sensor to check smoke or something of the sort?

Spark
Oct 15, 2006, 11:26 AM
ISP Supervisor
Probably has to do with the Infared, like you guys were saying...
Oct 15, 2006, 05:44 PM
In Thrust We Trust

Rotor balance

After much frustration with the heavy oscillations at certain rpm's, I decided to see if I could balance the blades, flybar, hub, etc. without any fancy equipment. I was enjoying the CF shaft mod but needed to stop the crazy gyrations. Managed to do it with this little method, and lo and behold, smooth as butta! All vibrations and crazy oscillations gone and flys light, quiet, and very, very, smooth. ('ll try to get a little video later)
My apologies if this has been covered before, if not, I hope it helps. It increased my pleasure with this amazing little copter two-fold!
Last edited by WaterDog; Oct 15, 2006 at 08:33 PM.
Oct 15, 2006, 06:00 PM
In Thrust We Trust
and to finish. A bonus of being smoother is that I now fall into the dreaded low throttle zone and still fly right along using less juice.
This thing continues to amaze me for the money...
Video;
Went to a friends house with tall ceilings and got some video with his copter after the mods.
www.tornlogic.com/avov/picob.wmv 6mgs
We used a push pin for the video but have found that lead pellets from a BB gun work great. Different sizes and weights to choose from.
This one is from last night and is also with the mods done. Shows how quiet it is now.
www.tornlogic.com/avov/picodu.wmv 4mgs -Dial up
Last edited by WaterDog; Oct 17, 2006 at 08:02 AM.
Oct 15, 2006, 11:32 PM
ISP Supervisor
Ok guys, I found some spare AA props, so if anybody wants to trade a set of AA props for one or possibly two Picco/Picoo Z tail props, PM me...
Oct 16, 2006, 11:56 AM
Huggybaby
Thanks for the fantastic blade balancing pictorial WaterDog.

I like your new smooth sound too (though I never heard the old un-smooth sound, I have a pretty good idea).
Oct 16, 2006, 02:26 PM
How hard is it to get the head assembly off the stock main shaft? Any specific technique? I don't want to break it but I do want a smoother, more efficient flight.

Thanks, Joe
Oct 16, 2006, 02:39 PM
FG
FG

low throttle using less juice..?

could someone clarify what that means "dreaded low throttle zone"....? and what causes it...?

**update** as well im getting upto 10mins now on my second piccoz and with just the oiling and greasing and balancing of the upper rotor she tracks really straight in the air on her own all i hav to do is blip the steering to change directions. forward flight is good too.. with the 2 foil stickys on the front, and the toothpic landing struts seem to stable it out as well. it looks like the heli is hanging under the rotor in flight. it looks scale when flying. im still amazed for the price of this thing how fun it is and every flight is an adventure never dull moment***
Last edited by douglas4; Oct 16, 2006 at 02:53 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 04:28 PM
Tim The R/C Man
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). It is temporarily hidden while Tim The R/C Man edits it.
Oct 16, 2006, 05:23 PM
hye :
here a small tool to preview your picooz mapping
need google sketchup installed
click on image to get the skp file

have fun
for my part, i just wanted to see what a Magnum style could done :-)
the riptide tong is hard to draw
Oct 16, 2006, 05:30 PM
In Thrust We Trust
Tim- Nice of you to post that. However, the only people who have a hard time with it are ones who don't believe in "you can ask whatever you want for a product, doesn't mean anyone is going to buy it". Demonizing you or asking moderators to "censor" you because you asked too much is just that, censorship, a anti-American, anti-capitalistic attitude by some that will only bring price-fixing and regulation. Unless it's for Forum rules that were broken, not for asking too high a price. This is a free enterprise country, you can ask whatever you want for a product. Price gouging? Hardly. I don't need a toy 'copter like I might need water or gas in a catastrophe. No apology needed. Glad to hear the free enterprise market drove down his price.

Doug4- at low throttle, the copter goes into vibrations and likes to fall out of the air unless you blip the throttle up. With the mods, you can fly in that zone.

huggy- Thanks. Gotta try it.

joer- its not so bad. Check out RacerX's great web site on how to do it.

http://www.piccoztoolbox.no-ip.com/
Last edited by WaterDog; Oct 24, 2006 at 07:40 AM.

Quick Reply