New hit from Silverlit: PicooZ - Page 3 - RC Groups
Aug 14, 2006, 08:37 PM
BatteryPusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBX
Well your lucky
called this am they said in 3 weeks they would get them
Saw they were in stock but could not order them now they are ooout of stock again
No Doubt... what a bummer. I just checked availability a minute ago and yes, sadly, THEY ARE ALREADY OUT OF STOCK!

I guess I DID get really lucky. Timing is everything. Guess I'm one of the few to have exhasted their miniscule first shipment.

I'll keep checking daily and post as soon as I see them available.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 14, 2006, 09:20 PM
Wrongway Feldman
Wow, I guess it _was_ my lucky day! I dunno about the mosq. or helix - they're quite a bit more expensive, and that mosquito looks like it would shatter into nanobits if you looked at it wrong! And they don't appear to have the nifty blinking nav light the PiccoZ has...

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjoe03
At least you were able to get your "pre-order" to go through
On all 3 of the calls I made, I asked if it would be possible to make a pre-order... and all 3 times I got a "no." Flew2High, you might be one of the first in the country to get the piccoz!

I'm trying to decide whether or not to pre-order the micro mosquito through etoys (http://www.etoys.com/genProduct.html.../INstock/N/D/), pick up the air hogs helix (currently in stock at my local toys r us) (http://www.etoys.com/genProduct.html...7/INstock/N/D/) or just keep my cool and wait for the piccoz.
I NEED something I can fly inside!
Aug 15, 2006, 07:03 PM
TP 1.21 Gigawatt Needed
So, If I go to Rat Shack and Direct2U , I wouldn't get one for 3 weeks?

I just called and got the usual "I don't know, yeah come on in and well get one for you"
Kind of answer that keeps me away from Rat Shack.
Aug 15, 2006, 10:17 PM
BatteryPusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBiv
So, If I go to Rat Shack and Direct2U , I wouldn't get one for 3 weeks?

Don't even bother to order unless you know for sure it is in stock. The stores have a way of checking real-time warehouse inventory. The trick is getting an associate on the line that knows how to check, or that would give you the time of day even though you're not interested in buying a cell phone.

Quote:
I just called and got the usual "I don't know, yeah come on in and well get one for you"

Kind of answer that keeps me away from Rat Shack.

He just wanted the oppurtunity to offer you a cell phone.

Paying at the store will save you the shipping charges. You may even find a manager locally who is willing to complete the transaction over the phone in order to make the sale.

I've mentioned the demand for this product on rcgroups.com to my manager and he has given me the thumbs up to offer to sell them here. (PM me if interested). Hell, a sale is a sale is a sale. But I have a feeling that the admins of this site would give me the boot if I blatently promoted my selling of piccoz's on these boards.

So as a gesture of humanity and good will, I share this information with you all. You see, I believe that if man's spare time were filled with the flying of tiny remote controlled helicopters, there would be peace in the world.

Product SKU: 600-0103
free shipping via Direct2U
delivery 3-5 business days

2-Channel Infrared Picco Z Mini Helicopter $29.99 (no choice of channels)
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2431387

Indoor Micro Mosquito RC Helicopter $69.99 (ditto)
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2255015

I will be checking at the beginning of my shifts and when either becomes available, I'll post to this tread.
Last edited by lderby; Aug 15, 2006 at 10:55 PM.
Aug 15, 2006, 11:54 PM
Wrongway Feldman
UPDATE!!!!

Oh, this is just ridiculous...about 20 mins ago, I received an email from the computers at Rat Shack...oh no, it wasn't my shipment confirmation, it was a cancellation notice!! How fast do you think I dialed 1-800-THE-SHACK to find out what the henbritches was going on?

After speaking various numbers and pushing seemingly random numbers on my phone, I finally reached an organic life form...one that was very sympathetic to my plight, but entirely unable to reinstate my order. Yep, they oversold their shipment... I asked the kid if the people responsible for their inventory system were the sames ones that sell airline tickets..well, at least he laughed! I did find out how many they actually received - anyone care to guess how many they sold in a few hours (or probably minutes, he couldn't tell exactly)? He also told me there was another shipment of around the same size coming in later this week, so stay tuned - we'll have another shot soon!
Last edited by flew2high; Aug 16, 2006 at 12:02 AM.
Aug 16, 2006, 12:26 AM

Good to hear, I guess...

Flew2high, you have my sympathy. I guess you're back to square one with the rest of us.
Iderby, it seems like you're our inside-man. I just read on another thread (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...=556227&page=2 post #27) that they will be getting shipments on thursdays and fridays. Can you confirm this? Also, do you have a date for the micro mosquito?
Aug 16, 2006, 08:11 AM
BatteryPusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarjoe03
Iderby, it seems like you're our inside-man. I just read on another thread (https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...=556227&page=2 post #27) that they will be getting shipments on thursdays and fridays. Can you confirm this?
All I can confirm is when their status changes in our product availability lookup. No quantities or arrival dates. Availability is the only info I have access to. And that, based on my experience of last Monday is a very limited window.

Quote:
Also, do you have a date for the micro mosquito?
Ditto above.
Aug 17, 2006, 09:47 AM
Wrongway Feldman
Here we go again...item is back "in stock", and I do use the term loosely. We'll see...
Aug 17, 2006, 10:23 AM
Received message this morning, order placed Tuesday with indication of in stock cancelled this morning. Ain't Radio Shack fun. In stock as of 0930 CST this morning.

ed
Aug 17, 2006, 11:36 AM
Wrongway Feldman
Yeah, they're a real load of laughs. Or perhaps they're just a load.

Since nobody wanted to guess, I'll tell you..the initial shipment according to the RS rep I spoke to was 5000 units. I got todays order placed within seconds of receiving the email just as I did on Tues.
Aug 17, 2006, 12:16 PM
BatteryPusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by flew2high
Since nobody wanted to guess, I'll tell you..the initial shipment according to the RS rep I spoke to was 5000 units. I got todays order placed within seconds of receiving the email just as I did on Tues.
5000 units! THAT MANY were sold in less than 1.5 hours? (my best estimate) That would be amazing, if the number were accurate, I would guess much fewer. But it does seem that the website's inventory tracking is not wired real time to the warehouse.

I still say your best bet is Direct2U at the stores. A transaction cannot even be completed unless there is product on-hand in the warehouse. And I'm sure that In-store D2U sales get priority over the website.

PM me if you want to order from a store over the phone, free shipping anywhere in the US (definately), maybe Canada (will check on this).

I'll be working 1:30 - 9:00. Will check availability as soon as I arrive and post as to their status. It's gonna be a matter of timing to get lucky and snag one.

Your gonna have to face it... these things are gonna be flying (he he) out of inventory for a while until supply catches up with demand. Silverlit has a major hit on its hands.
Last edited by lderby; Aug 17, 2006 at 12:24 PM.
Aug 17, 2006, 04:22 PM
Wrongway Feldman
Thanks for the offer lderby, if my current order falls through I'll definitely be in touch!

I have no reason to think the kid gave me bad information regarding the 5000 units, he seemed to have that number right in front of him. What surprises me is there were so many people that a) knew about this thing, since it wasn't really advertised at all and b) were that quick on the trigger when it did go into stock. I suppose RCG and RCU users accounted for a big percentage of the sales, but that's still a huge number.
Aug 17, 2006, 06:07 PM
I received email notification at 8:04 am, placed the order before 8:30 am and no joy - they were gone. So if we believe the actual amount of 5000 is accurate, that is some serious units moving out the door in very short order...
Aug 17, 2006, 06:34 PM
I don't know about specific status at RadioShack, but demand worldwide is kind of euh staggering. Whatever the numbers are, it could well be that RS sees them 'fly out' as soon as they 'fly in'
Aug 17, 2006, 10:12 PM
Yeah, I too had the e-mail notification deal from Radio Shack............Well, at least I don't feel bad as I got home from work late this afternoon and of course - "Out of Stock". Sorry, I can't see that many folks sitting on top of their computers just waiting for one of these - not even world-wide. If that's the case, you'd think we would see a bunch more folks with them.

Maybe the hype game?? Supply and demand games work wonders especially when the supply is low and demand is nerve-wrackingly high. Guess this will run the gambit like the Spin Blade and Blade Runners did - we'll all have one or two buzzing around when it's all said and done. Would have guessed that this wouldn't have been available till around October for the Christmas season.....

Would be nice to see more folks posting the experiences with this one so that we can get a more solid feel of quality and characteristics in a generalized fashion.

Todd

Quick Reply