Aug 31, 2006, 11:45 PM
Picked one of these up yesterday. What a cool little heli! Pretty amazing for the price...
to remove ads between posts
Sep 01, 2006, 12:32 AM
Suspended Account
ah! ingenoius.

BTW, I take my words back. My busted heli magically started flying again indoors
perhaps it was the light or there was hair in the rotor or something. Added a weight
to the nose and I can do very very slow figure 8s around the living room. f..ing
incredible. Never thought I'd see this in the next 5 years and I've been puttering
around with micro helis since Mario's Robin 280 (which never flew BTW).

ALso how the heck did they design this thing so it doesnt break or even go out
of alignment on strikes? That takes the cake. Whos the original designer?
Alexander of pixel fame?

Also who would've ever thought you could get away with no gyro on the tail?

-m
Sep 01, 2006, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by microflite
Whos the original designer?
Alexander of pixel fame?
Yes. He's now made a slightly smaller heli.

Paul S.
Sep 01, 2006, 11:04 AM
Zzzt! Buzz! Click!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLoo
I've been keeping my eyes open for them here in the great white north and so far......nothing. :-(

If anyone does find a Canadian source please share.

Leon.
Just picked up one as an afterthought (was getting another Aero Ace, and thought it looked cool) at WalMart in Oakville (Ontario). I'm glad I did! This is a great little copter... much more robust than by BR!
Sep 01, 2006, 02:02 PM
Well I did get ahold of the US distributor today. The lady I spoke with had clue that spare parts woould be available for the Picco Z. I mentioned that X-UFO Shop was going to carry them and she said that she would check into getting spare parts such as the motors and call me back if they planned on getting any.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Thought I would share this for what it's worth. I suggest calling them at 1-800-707-1159 if you are interested in spare parts. Be kind when calling though and you never know.
Sep 01, 2006, 05:17 PM
Is anyone's PiccoZ temperamental? One day it flies super well, the next day it just spins horribly forcing it to smack into the floor.
Sep 01, 2006, 06:19 PM
they call me crash
arrrg!! I threw away my baby's, I mean piccoz's spare tail rotors... anyone have an extra??
Sep 01, 2006, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCinMB
Is anyone's PiccoZ temperamental? One day it flies super well, the next day it just spins horribly forcing it to smack into the floor.

1.Have you lubed your motors (tiny bit of 3-in-1) just a few small drops.

2.Check your Tx batts aren't running low.. may not be fully charging your heli

3.Always do a little prefight check and scan for lint or fine hairs trapped in the rotors
Sep 01, 2006, 06:52 PM
Thanks SB. I found them at the Cambridge, Ontario Walmart. It was a nice surprise to find them at the same price as they're selling for in the US!
Sep 01, 2006, 07:32 PM
Grrr...angry....
US Price: $30
Euro Price: €30
UK Price: £30 !!! That's €46 or $57. I know 30 is a nice round number and all, but don't these people realise that a pound COSTS more than a dollar, and we don't earn as many of them.
Anyone know of a sensible UK distributor who knows that a pound is worth 1.9 dollars?
Sep 01, 2006, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatC
Grrr...angry....
US Price: $30
Euro Price: €30
UK Price: £30 !!! That's €46 or $57. I know 30 is a nice round number and all, but don't these people realise that a pound COSTS more than a dollar, and we don't earn as many of them.
Anyone know of a sensible UK distributor who knows that a pound is worth 1.9 dollars?
I feel ya MatC... this toy has made my wallet quids liter thats 4 sure. Try Play.com if you can be bothered waiting, they are by far the cheapest or else try Komplett I think they come in second. Crazy fruitbat has plenty in stock but boy are their prices just as crazy as their name.
Sep 02, 2006, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCinMB
I get that pretty much all the time with mine. It was fine at the start, then it started just spinning about the floor in ground effect. I've had one brief flight where it was okay since this started.
Sep 02, 2006, 05:28 AM
Team30 Micro EDF
LittleJon, have you tried the blade twisting method to get more lift yet?
Sep 02, 2006, 06:05 AM
I bought my first picooz from the UK with shipping it was
about $77.00 but it was worth it. Still flying well, I will try
to post a video soon. Finally got one from RS.com still
in the box, because the one from the UK works so good
anyway with 2 day shipping it was $42.00 in the US. No
radioshacks on the east coast have them yet, and they never even heard
of the picooz, I told them it won't be long before they do..............
Sep 02, 2006, 07:52 AM
Just add water!
Just ordered one myself from radioshack.com! None of their stores around here have it.

Tom

Quick Reply