New hit from Silverlit: PicooZ - Page 2 - RC Groups
Aug 12, 2006, 04:10 AM
with my last Xtwin dying some time ago (avanti/fury airliner thing) ive brought myself another biplane.. forgot what fun it ws to float around carefree.. the fury was fun.. but the biplane rocks for relaxed flight..

anyway.. I want to get into these choppers.. my last venture into 2 channel choppers damn near weighed 1 kilo and wasnt good at flying.. ive seen a video of the PiccoZ.. looks nice.. actually they both do..

ive informed the local toys R us that there floating aorund now (australia) and they seem interested.. but before I commit..

ive had my eye on a twister medivac helicopter.. in comparison its a big massive thing that im sure will attract alot of attention.. something the Xtwins dont (good thing)

are the people who have flown a Gyrotor and piccoZ happy with it for what they are?.. in comparison to larger helicopters? (non 3d micros)

how do they go outside in a calm breeze?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2006, 09:13 AM
TP 1.21 Gigawatt Needed
I've been waiting for this one for quite a while, heard about in the indoor forum.

Seems the 2 channel works well, Left turn loses althitude, right increases it.

Could this be the next big Micro RTF? I think so.
Aug 12, 2006, 12:37 PM
Me likes Depron...
Sorry, altitude is achieved by throttle, left turn slows it down and right turns give some acceleration...
After some practice it is possible to fly around and doing figure eights in a small room

I opened up the transmitter and removed the spring of the throttle.

By the look of it (I have a JMP too) the electronics in the PicooZ are a little lighter but there is enough power to lift a few grams more....
If you want one, send an email to www.xufo-shop.de

The GyRotor is also two channel but radiocontrolled instead of IR and it has a simple gyro in the tail. From what I hear it doesn't fly much better and the tiny one is so cute...

I opened up mine and moved the lipo 4mm forward, after doiing this I cut out
some EPP to show the inner goodies and glued it together again:
Last edited by Pjotrrr; Aug 12, 2006 at 12:46 PM.
Aug 12, 2006, 10:10 PM
does anyone know when some of those things on the first link to amazon.de are coming to the us if they ever are
Aug 13, 2006, 12:48 AM
Ego varius quis.
I can't wait 'till RS gets 'em. I've still got a 10$ off coupon.
Aug 13, 2006, 03:58 AM
I can not wait for this, this would be perfect for my huge double height living room.
Aug 14, 2006, 04:22 PM
Wrongway Feldman
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmdan95
radioshack seems to be selling them soon http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2431387&cp for us in the US
Wow, and they're not even jacking up the price like one would expect of da Shack. I signed up for the "back in stock" email on the product page, hopefully it won't be long now...
Aug 14, 2006, 04:44 PM
BatteryPusher

PiccoZ In the Warehouse at RadioShack!!!

Checked yesterday for availability and no joy.

Checked this afternoon (I work at RS) and they are available for purchase in the store via Direct2U (meaning NO shipping charge). I ordered one and expect to have it Friday or Monday.

Now I can stop canvasing the local toy stores for AA jets and have fun wearing out this new toy.

Hit your local RS and place your order now. I'l have mine operational at the store and expect to sell hundreds of 'em.
Aug 14, 2006, 05:27 PM
Wrongway Feldman
Quote:
Originally Posted by lderby
Checked yesterday for availability and no joy.

Checked this afternoon (I work at RS) and they are available for purchase in the store via Direct2U (meaning NO shipping charge). I ordered one and expect to have it Friday or Monday.

Now I can stop canvasing the local toy stores for AA jets and have fun wearing out this new toy.

Hit your local RS and place your order now. I'l have mine operational at the store and expect to sell hundreds of 'em.
This is crazy...a few mins after I signed up for the in-stock email, I got notified...immediately placed order online and paid shipping...came back here to tell everyone they were now available, and I see your post! Rats! I suppose I could cancel the online order, but either way I'm getting my Piccoz soon!! Yay!
Aug 14, 2006, 06:23 PM

Too Late :(

I too received the email today that said radioshack.com had the piccoz in stock. However, when I clicked to add it to my cart, I got a message saying "The quantity you selected for the following item(s):

2-Channel Infrared Picco Z Mini Helicopter

exceeds the number of items that we have available for shipment. We have adjusted the quantity to reflect the number we have available.

Please click Proceed to Checkout to continue."
Only there is no "proceed to checkout" button for me to click! So I tried calling and placing an order through the phone... but no luck, the guy said they were out of stock. I then tried calling both the radioshack stores in my city to see if they could order it for me through the "direct2you" thing... again, no luck I must've missed out on my chance. All 3 people that I talked to had no idea when more would be in stock. I was told "anywhere from 2 days to 2 weeks"
Anyone know of any other places in the United States where I could purchase the piccoz?
-Joe
Aug 14, 2006, 06:24 PM
I recieved the email from ratshack, clicked the link about 5 minutes later.. tells me that no quantities are available.. tried repeatedly.. even tho it still shows "in stock" on their website.
Aug 14, 2006, 06:28 PM
GBX
GBX
Well your lucky
called this am they said in 3 weeks they would get them
Saw they were in stock but could not order them now they are ooout of stock again
Aug 14, 2006, 06:43 PM
Wrongway Feldman
Well, it gets worse....I just got an email from RS stating I have "placed an order for a backordered item that is unavailable for immediate shipment". I guess what I really did was pre-order. They must have sold out very quickly of whatever initial allocation they had, but at least I'm in line for one. I'm not going to cancel now, that's for sure!
Aug 14, 2006, 07:03 PM
At least you were able to get your "pre-order" to go through
On all 3 of the calls I made, I asked if it would be possible to make a pre-order... and all 3 times I got a "no." Flew2High, you might be one of the first in the country to get the piccoz!

I'm trying to decide whether or not to pre-order the micro mosquito through etoys (http://www.etoys.com/genProduct.html.../INstock/N/D/), pick up the air hogs helix (currently in stock at my local toys r us) (http://www.etoys.com/genProduct.html...7/INstock/N/D/) or just keep my cool and wait for the piccoz.
I NEED something I can fly inside!
Aug 14, 2006, 07:14 PM
yea i got the in stock email and was refused because they aere out of stick,sucks. I got the helix its ok,i ordered my piccoz from the uk,hope its here soon!

Quick Reply