Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 11, 2007, 11:28 AM
BGR
BGR
Foam Junkie
The PicooZ and the Havoc are the same heli. The Picooz by Silverlit is marketed as the Havoc by Airhogs. Anything else is a clone of which there are many. The Reflex is also an Airhogs brand heli with a couple of extra motors for forward flight capabilities which the Havoc does not have.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2007, 04:13 PM

problems

i just got mine today. i wanted blue but RED5 ran out and i got red. anyway, i have a big problem with it. when i tim i always have to trim. i can get it jus going slight clockwise and i even up and that makes it go anti clockwise and its the same the other way. i do not have a middle/centre for it so it doesnt go straight. anyway i could fix this?

also, earlier i had a problem with it, it would stop moving and when it did i made a squeky noise. it has gone now, just wondering what it was

thanks, murdo

i also dont have much control, i havent done anything to it. i can turn and make it go up and down but with the spiralling i dont have much control.

anyway i can get more control and stop spirraling? without any mods,i dont want to try any because i just got it and if i make a mistake i dont want it ruined in first week.
Apr 11, 2007, 04:26 PM
No Guts, No Glory
murdogersbronxi,

are you saying that your picco just spins out of control when you first fly it? my picco uses about 25 clicks of right trim each time i turn it on. read the instructions. to get more forward flight, gently twist the rear tail rotor to the right about 45%.

when i fly mine, i don't have control of it at first, then i trim it and it just floats around my house.
Apr 11, 2007, 04:28 PM
i have control of it i can get it to turn and stuff. just that sometimes it turns itself w/o me doing anything,is this normal?
Apr 11, 2007, 04:31 PM
No Guts, No Glory
yeah, for $30 this thing is great but not perfect. but some times it will turn buy itself, happens to me also, but not all the time.
Apr 11, 2007, 04:34 PM
thanks, i havent flown an r/c aircraft in over a year,so ive forgotten a few things, but if i still have problems that seem unusual than the vids of www.youtube.com then i will upload a video of the problem
Apr 11, 2007, 04:51 PM
Saves 1, Kills 0, MIA 1
Folks:

I haven' twisted the tail on any (4) o' my Havocs. I have put an upper tail to match the lower one 'n' trimmed an inch o' paper from in front o' the tail. As a friend o' mine suggested (which I passed on here) 90+ proof rubbing alchohal works best to clean the tail motor. Jus' tinkerin', I've gotten all my havocs the fly less then 4 clicks o' trim from the get go.

Be careful, observe 'n' remember, how you choose to fly makes a differance in how you mod too. No better, no worse, jus' differant. We'ed have a hard time flyin' each others heli.

I prefer a wide clockwise turn, myself. No room for long straight runs. Once airbourne, jus' throttle 'n' the odd tap left or right to keep 'er off the walls. A good flight profile for baitin' cats. I would endorse the Havoc as bein' completly cat safe. One o' mine, Joey, will leap right off the ground to take one out o' the sky. Cats are, incidentally, Havoc safe as well. The Havoc can take a beatin'! Joey can even spot the Havoc behind the clear plastic in its box (which is where I have to keep them now ).

nitebat
Apr 11, 2007, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR
The PicooZ and the Havoc are the same heli. The Picooz by Silverlit is marketed as the Havoc by Airhogs. Anything else is a clone of which there are many. The Reflex is also an Airhogs brand heli with a couple of extra motors for forward flight capabilities which the Havoc does not have.
SO HOW DO YOU MAKE THE HAVOC FLY STRAIGHT?
Apr 11, 2007, 05:44 PM
No Guts, No Glory
get the tail rotor at the right angle and the trim correct.
Apr 11, 2007, 05:58 PM
Nitebat,

You would not want to have to press the trim button more than 4 times. There is a total of 10 trim steps (5 left and 5 right).

I does seem like more though as each button press does not always change the setting for some reason.
Apr 11, 2007, 06:19 PM
No Guts, No Glory
thats weird, my havoc needs the trim to be pressed about 25 times each and every time i turn it on. sometimes less though.
Apr 11, 2007, 06:34 PM
FlyinC,

The trim button does not work every time you press it - particularly if you press it in quick succession.

Try this - instead of pressing it 25 times quickly press it 5 times with a gap of about one second between each press.

Report back with your results. Maybe the picooz I have tested are different to others. Mine have a 60Hz PWM frequency with 10 trim steps that are the same size regardless of throttle position.
Apr 11, 2007, 07:06 PM
I agree with andrewm1973. All three of my Havocs respond the same to trimming and I rarely have to hit the button more than once or twice when first taking off. I will give one trim tap every few minutes as the battery exhausts and yaw forces change. All three of mine fly a little differently and I must admit, I kind of like that! Each one of mine has its own "personality". Steve
Apr 11, 2007, 07:19 PM
SDarnell,

One of my picooz mods I will be publishing soon will get rid of that "having to re-trim as the battery voltage drops" problem.

It will be a damn site cheaper to make than the gyro mod too.
Apr 11, 2007, 07:42 PM
BGR
BGR
Foam Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazzman
SO HOW DO YOU MAKE THE HAVOC FLY STRAIGHT?
If you mean straight as in flying forward you have a few choices.

Add weight to the nose.
Remove weight behind the CG.
Add some fins that divert a little rotor wash backwards.
Twist the tail boom as the manual states.

Quick Reply