Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 07, 2002, 10:29 AM
Involuntary Beta Tester

16th Annual DEAF Fly-In Oct 5-6, Dallas, TX

Come join us for our 16th annual fly-in

Sponsored by the Dallas Electric Aircraft Fliers at the Dallas R/C Club Field, Seagoville, TX.

A $20 Landing Fee covers Fun Flying and All Events for the entire
weekend, including a Barbeque Dinner on Saturday night.

AMA License Required.

Contest Fliers will have frequency priority over Fun Fliers. Awards for all events.

Food and Drink Concession provided by a local Scout Troop. Free, toothsome DEAF Brownies!

Electric R/C Vendors will have their wares on hand.
Last edited by kelvin; Aug 07, 2002 at 10:32 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2002, 12:49 PM
York Electronics

More info

Here is a link to the event flier in PDF format: DEAF 2002 Event Flier

The field is very nice. Two large covered pits on concrete pads, paved taxi way, huge paved runway, generous open fields and a lake for ROW operations.
Last edited by Gary Warner; Aug 07, 2002 at 12:55 PM.
Aug 07, 2002, 04:18 PM
I think I am going to retire and just go to fly-ins all over the country.

Yeah....I'm 31....I've accomplished everything in my career. I should just focus on modeling.
Aug 07, 2002, 10:09 PM
Involuntary Beta Tester
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Meyers
I think I am going to retire and just go to fly-ins all over the country.

Yeah....I'm 31....I've accomplished everything in my career. I should just focus on modeling.
Yeah, get one of those RVs with the little garages in the back meant for motorcycles and ATVs and convert it to a model room.

But that means you have to come to our fly in then, no excuses.

Kelvin
Aug 07, 2002, 11:50 PM
Real Men Fly Pink Planes...
Kelvin;

I will be there for sure, but could you keep the wind down this year?

Kirby
Aug 08, 2002, 08:22 AM
Involuntary Beta Tester

Info from DEAF 2001 Event

There is an Ezone article about last years events with pictures. This will give you an idea on what to expect.

http://www.ezonemag.com/articles/200...deaf2001.shtml

Thanks

Kelvin
Aug 08, 2002, 08:31 AM
Involuntary Beta Tester

Larger Scale Map

Here is Seagoville in relationship to Dallas. The red star at the bottom is the general location of the event.
Aug 08, 2002, 08:33 AM
Involuntary Beta Tester

Aerial Photo of the Field

Here is an aerial photo of the field. There's a lake for you who ROW. As far as I know there's no alligators to chomp your plane.
Aug 08, 2002, 08:38 AM
Involuntary Beta Tester

Contest Info

This link has the basic flyer and also a decription of all the contest events.

http://www.vinylgraphicsbygreg.com/L...AF16Events.PDF

Y'all come

Kelvin
Aug 10, 2002, 10:41 AM
Ha, finally a event where i am closer than all of you. I can take 740 all the way down to Seagoville
Aug 10, 2002, 11:20 AM
York Electronics
How long before you get your drivers license?
Aug 16, 2002, 02:03 PM
Fish & Fly
This is one event that is certainly worth the trip. Lots of E-Zoners being there have made it a great time in years past.

If at all possible, I'll be there again this year for my 3rd DEAF fly-in.
Aug 16, 2002, 02:30 PM
This is always a great gathering of electric powered models and their owners. Well worth making the effort to attend if you are within range. I have been to the last five or so and each year has always presented the attendees with something special.

It looks like this year will be my first miss since I started attending. A good friend for some reason picked that weekend to get married and is expecting me to attend the wedding. I sure do hate to miss the DEAF fly-in weekend, but sure do plan to attend again next year.

Paul Bradley
Aug 24, 2002, 10:27 AM
I get my license on Febuary 13th due to the fact that drivers ed was boring so i didnt take it before January of 2002 which would have put my in the Grandfathered catagory. Now i have to wait 6 months becaue of this new law. Heh i will show them senators and still drive irresponsibly j/k
Aug 27, 2002, 10:04 PM
jak
jak
Hey an event I don't have to fly to. Just means I can redirect my funds for a few more brushless motors. :-)

See you there.

John