Aug 09, 2006, 09:41 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

search for hlg/clg plans

Hi,

I recently came back from the Nats and now I'm looking for some new designs to try out.

I'm searching around for drawings and plans of modern hlg and clg gliders. (2Kan, Ibis, Slippery Sam) Are there electronic files out there available for these designs or do I just have to order the kit?

I fully understand that these plans are certainly builder/distributors rights reserved.

Thanks,

Oliver
to remove ads between posts
Aug 09, 2006, 10:43 AM
Here's a freebie from Flying Models. It's an up to date design with a DT system.
- Norm
http://www.flying-models.com/piscesnewplan.pdf
Aug 09, 2006, 02:40 PM
B for Bruce
And as usual there's some over at www.smallflyingarts.com .

The design of small HLG's is not so important as achieving a very good trim state and then flying it so it hits a thermal. Things like size, wing shape, construction, etc are a distant second in terms of performance. Provided they produce a stable model of course.
Aug 09, 2006, 02:54 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for reply. I've posted in SFA Forum and I found some interesting new DLG designs coming out.

Oliver
Aug 10, 2006, 12:24 AM
NSWFFS
Here's as good a place to start as any for free plans and info. You won't go wrong over at SFA either. Throw free HLG plans into google and you should find a lot. There's a Swedish site that has quite a few to.

http://f4bscale.worldonline.co.uk/

Cheers,

Quick Reply