Aug 07, 2006, 08:21 PM
Yes, ALL your money...
Thread OP
Yippee!

It'll NEVER FLY!!! All carbon, hollow molded...

Not a stick of wood in it! has a very crisp, clear ringing sound to it. Made from pre-preg CF. It needs no truss rod, or internal bracing.
I'll probably never throw this one off the cliff...

Doc
Last edited by winchdoc; Sep 22, 2009 at 05:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2006, 08:34 PM
find me @samotage
Wow, a carbon g-tar! Awesome Who is the fine lutherie?
Aug 07, 2006, 08:36 PM
Yes, ALL your money...
Thread OP
http://rainsong.com/
Aug 07, 2006, 08:37 PM
Slope Stud
Doc,
Did you make that?

Oranator
Aug 07, 2006, 08:52 PM
Vitruvian JART
I've seen those but never played one - are you liking it winchdoc?
Aug 07, 2006, 09:00 PM
Der Haifisch!! R.I.P.
bet that was cheap, with the price of carbon these days...

BD
Aug 07, 2006, 09:16 PM
find me @samotage
They are about $3K US, and right up there with the best of 'em.

Probably represents good value, considering the cost of good spruce, ebony, rosewood and all the other exotic timbers that need incredible quality control to pass muster for a good lutherie.

How does she play?
Aug 07, 2006, 09:30 PM
cranium accessories
Oooh, beautiful! But if its hollow-moulded then whats all this about 'pre-preg'? I thought pre-preg was cf already cured up with resin. That wouldnt conform in a mould would it? Is my guess of a definition of pre-preg wrong?

Bryan,
confuzzled.
Aug 07, 2006, 09:32 PM
PNF
NICE. Winchdoc that is amazing!!!

Not even close in coolness but here are some of my toys. The blue Strat is a early 90s strat Plus... not pre-CBS of course but it is really a rare piece of wood - harmonics all over the place!

My favorite hobby is loop sampling... I feed one Line 6 sampler into the other, then I free up the first Line 6 to do reverse guitar noodling... so fun!!!
Aug 07, 2006, 09:37 PM
Ninja of the Nasty
Nice banjo hehehehehehe

JOe
Aug 07, 2006, 09:41 PM
Yes, ALL your money...
Thread OP
It plays pretty sweet out of the box, the string action is a little high for my taste, but I'll play it a while before I lower the bridge a bit. One nice thing is that they are not supposed to be so susceptable to humidity and temp changes. I could have bought a nice Taylor or Martin but the clear, bell-like tone is way cool, and like nothing I have heard in a guitar before. It's also pretty darn LOUD when you hit it hard.

It has a built-in pre-amp and pickup, but my vintage Fender Quadreverb is a bit much for it. I'll have to experiment with the plugged-in side.
Aug 07, 2006, 10:34 PM
find me @samotage
Brian, prepreg, is all wet out to precice resin percentage. Usually comes in big rolles and stored in refrigerated containers. Just roll it out, stick it down, pop in the autoclave and bingo!

Top collection infopimp! Is that a PRS I spy in the background? yummy g-tars dem.
Aug 07, 2006, 10:45 PM
cranium accessories
Ah, I see said the blind man! to his deaf daughter

So the refriggeration keeps the resin from going off. Neato.

Back to the g'tars...
Aug 07, 2006, 11:49 PM
Rick Rogahn
Sweet guitar Winch, being that rigid must produce and interesting sound. You've got me thinking about a new acoustic, mine has seen far too many campfires...
Aug 08, 2006, 12:18 AM
find me @samotage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Sloper
Sweet guitar Winch, being that rigid must produce and interesting sound. You've got me thinking about a new acoustic, mine has seen far too many campfires...
Too many campfires, could turn a nice wooden Guitar into graphite though, but perhaps with different properties.

Sam,
and his idle time.

Quick Reply