Aug 06, 2006, 03:08 PM
Part-Time Super Hero
Thread OP
Discussion

Frankenmodellbau Mamba 3000 Maiden Video

Maidened my Mamba 3000 today. Using a Protech brushless and a 10x6 folder and a 3s1p 3700 20C lipo. Took it pretty easy considering it was the maiden, but she's looking good for some high performance flyby's.

Video link is on the home page at www.rcflights.co.uk

Mark
to remove ads between posts
Aug 06, 2006, 06:19 PM
UN Earth peoples true enemy

68mb wow some download for snail speed 1/2meg system

68mb wow some download for snail speed 1/2meg system so by that time will asleep
will view it to morrow

Ralf
Aug 06, 2006, 09:51 PM
BiggerBetterFasterMORE!!!
no bandwidth issues here. That is the most weird looking thing I think I've seen in a while. Zagi meets hotliner if you will. neat looking plane, and a good video. Aerosmith rocks out...!

A dealer friend of mine here in the states got ripped off by Frankenmodel to the tune of several thousand $$. They are just a reseller for Mibo. If I were you I'd be careful how you deal with them.

~~fred
Aug 07, 2006, 10:19 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
I have got very bad experience with Frankenmodellbay,this guy took my credit card ## and I never heard about him or my plane anymore, thanks for not charging it,but I was waiting for my plane 6 month trying to contact him with no ansver.
I have got my MANTA/MAMBA from SUSA eventually,Bob reacted on my complains first and got me one plane,from Mibo,I guess.
Espritmodels sells them as well,it is one of my favorite now,crowd stopping,verticall climb,bird look alike in the air.
D...
Sep 04, 2006, 07:01 AM
Wingfan

Mamba Manta

hi there,

i fly a Manta Giant from Mibo and its really great looking in air and on the ground.
The wing is made by nanmodels.com and the fuselage with 45mm! spinner by mibo himself i think. This modell then is called Mamba Giant
The diff between the 2 versions is the length and nose diameter. Franken uses 38mm on both lengths, mibo uses 45mm spinner and a little bit shorter length, 5cm to 6cm franken.

Advantage to 45mm is the greater choice of outrunners, i use a strecker 295.20 www.rs-e-motoren.de
this is great power, with kontronik jazz absolutely perfect performance. About 38A with a 13X6,5m, with a 3s tanic 3650 the result is 3min fast vertical and 2,5min vertical

the only problem i have is the CG. 55mm is too much in front i think.
The manta is slow and small pumping with ailerons 0mm, with CG testing method 45 down it is pumping very strong, then sometime stabilizing.
could anyone explain what happens, when the CG is above 58mm from leading edge?
what CG do you use?

roland
Sep 04, 2006, 11:03 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
My CG is marked at 58mm.But I am usually move it more forward becouse I am flying this wing on windy conditions.Manta has so call "reflex" airfoil,which makes her purposing up in higher speeds.Have You noticed when you lounch it and make a full throttle ,it has tendency to loop.I flyed mine with bunch of different motors and find that it flyes better,more energy retention,with heavy motors,more stable.I found that Manta is not so criticall to CG ,you can move it around without changing almost nothing
,wing area is very big.I am fly mine on Kontronic 480/33 5.2:1 gear with 15/10 prop at 3S 3200LiPo 55Amp almost 600W in.
How do you land this "forever flying beast"? I am using 1mm/one mm./ both aelerons down ,to bring her down from high altitude,speed increases but it also presses whole plane down and helps to land.
Plane is wonderfull flyer,not for a beginners though,I like it very much.
D...
Sep 24, 2006, 03:59 AM
Wingfan

landing

hi,

tendence to loop is a result of too much power, hehehehe.
at all four tests here in german they described this special behavior from this wing. it is normal. as you can see i fly with less power but i have to give half way elevator down at full power.

in the next weeks i will fly slope with the manta and i think i havo to put the cg from 63mm now to 58 back in front.

at both cg there is now stall at all in spite of full elevator up.
great wing, great attraction

gruss
roland
Sep 24, 2006, 08:49 AM
Here is mine.
I used Hacker B40 10S,w/4.4:1, 13x8 prop and TP4200 3S2P

This thing is very fun to fly.

Video:
http://www.espritmodel.com/video/manta_e.wmv
Oct 07, 2006, 09:54 AM
Wingfan

Mamba down

hi,

had an aircrahs with mpx acromaster, mamba wings are destroyed.
acromaster with elapor was flying next day with little repair.

have to look for wings, hmmm...

roland
Oct 08, 2006, 01:22 AM
Electric Airplane Junkie
Anyone flew the new Mamba with the longer nose yet? I have problem with the short nose version, it needed bunch of nose weight to get it balance. I think it also need more down thrust(?). I have to add down elevator when powered up or it will do a loop without any elevator input. Still hunting for the correct CG after about 30 flights.

Brian, an EAJ
Oct 08, 2006, 08:28 AM
Part-Time Super Hero
Thread OP
I use elevator and throttle mixing with mine, otherwise she does climb when you open the power. I also have to add about 80g of extra weight when using my 3700mah 3s1p.

Mark
www.rcflights.co.uk
Oct 08, 2006, 12:17 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by modest-master
Here is mine.
I used Hacker B40 10S,w/4.4:1, 13x8 prop and TP4200 3S2P

This thing is very fun to fly.

Video:
http://www.espritmodel.com/video/manta_e.wmv

Bad link? Video not found.

I ran mine on a Jeti 30-3 with a 8x gp-2200, still need 3 oz on Pb to get it fly somewhat ok.

So are most of you fly with down evelator mix with throttle? The only problem I have is when you want to do a go around on low approach, it is hairy if you forget to pull up first!!

Brian, an EAJ
Oct 08, 2006, 01:32 PM
Part-Time Super Hero
Thread OP
I have my mixing on a switch, so I only use it when flying around on full power.

Mark
Oct 08, 2006, 04:15 PM
Electric Airplane Junkie
From the two photos of the Mambas(Mambae?) posted, I think I must have the older short nose version. The prop is a 11 inch. With 13 inch prop, it will just clear the wing.

Brian, an EAJ
Oct 08, 2006, 11:52 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
It is a short version.I fly mine on 15/10 and could go with bigger prop.
D...

Quick Reply