Apr 11, 2008, 01:55 AM
Old enough to know better
HI,
I have recently purchased a SuperCub, not had chance to fly it yet.
Was wondering if you could show how the ailerons have been done.

Do you use a servo mounted in the underside of the wings?

Also got a towerpro brushless motor to install later, and AR6100 reciever, so I can use my DX7 (from helicopters), to control the Cub.

Excellent videos, and makes me think I made the correct choice for my first plane.

Cheers,
Drew
Last edited by drewpyfz6; Apr 12, 2008 at 12:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 12, 2009, 12:16 PM
I have 2 Super Cubs as well as other Nitro planes. I learned how to fly on the Cub's. A great feature of these planes is that of the significant crashes I have had where I broke the fuselage, the wing, and the firewall came off, I was able to fix everything with 5 minute epoxy and be flying the next day. Try that with other like planes and I don't think you will have as good fortune as with the Super Cub...
Jun 11, 2009, 05:57 AM
Hi all!

This tread is about te bigger Super Cub?
I bought the smaller version and already posted my first experiences in another tread:
Mini Super Cub review

Does the bigger Super Cub need more space to fly in? I have not much choice in my neigbourhood. The largerst flied is about 160x160 meters...

My son wants one too, he is 12 years old. Is that too young?
Otherwise I might buy the lager version for me, and give the MSC to him...
Jun 11, 2009, 06:53 AM
Baa baa baa *thump!*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabke
Hi all!

This tread is about te bigger Super Cub?
I bought the smaller version and already posted my first experiences in another tread:
Mini Super Cub review

Does the bigger Super Cub need more space to fly in? I have not much choice in my neigbourhood. The largerst flied is about 160x160 meters...

My son wants one too, he is 12 years old. Is that too young?
Otherwise I might buy the lager version for me, and give the MSC to him...
You might want to post this in the beginners section. There is a HUGE thread on the SuperCub there. I've never flown the mini SC, so i can't comment on that.

Your son should be able to handle the big SC no problem. I have had my 15 y.o. son on the sticks of my Trojan for his first flight, and he was doing great with it. I think the video game training helped him - coordinating his hands with his brain, and being able to keep oriented.

I would highly suggest going with Lipos. I run 1000 mah in there and they fit in the existing battery compartment. Put on a 10x6 prop, and you have a totally different airplane. You can fly the plane instead of flying the motor.

Your flying field is pretty big - almost what they advertise as needed for a Trojan. I don't think you will have any problem with the SC in this area. You can fly this thing in a baseball field if you wanted and are decent with the sticks.

I've flown in areas that are only about 200'x200' (65 meters maybe?) and surrounded by trees with no problem. I just have to make a spiral approach - there is no such thing as a straight in landing. I just make sure I don't get to slow and keep a tad bit of power on.
Jul 03, 2009, 05:15 PM

Floats

I purchased the new floats from HZ. The price is excellent and they come with a new propeller. I converted to a 3 cell 1300 ma LiPo battery also. I am sure this has been covered but to assure you do not damage your new battery, open the receiver, remove the little jumper for the cut of voltage setting, this sets it for the 3 cell LiPo. The first flight was a hand launch in windy conditions, which almost proved fatal for the poor cub it seemed to yaw all over the place. I added a lower ventral fin to counter this and also added a water rudder. This put the C.G. too far aft, so I had to add weight to correct the aft. C.G. Took it out to a lake today, light wind, it flew great. With the 3 cell LiPo, this thing flies great, long duration and loads of power. On floats it’s a blast.
Mar 22, 2010, 11:14 PM
I got this plane for Christmas and it is amazing... the main thing to remember is not to over turn the plane...just slight touches... two things that breaks really easy are the stock nose cone...once replaced it wont bread...and second the wing struts..i use fishing line so i can adjust them. i have never truly crashed this plane...it is super durible and i put a camera on top of it (weighs 1.2lbs) and still flies..not as good but really well...this plane is amazing! And some say it doesnt have acrobatic capabilites but to me it does for a 3ch...
Last edited by fishon2; Mar 23, 2010 at 02:28 PM.

Quick Reply