Aug 04, 2006, 05:48 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Dx6 + Se = Suck

omg i thought the ECCPM lag was a myth. it's TRUE!!

this thing has TERRIBLE mix accuracy especially in the aileron mix (pitch is perfect, elevator is acceptable like really sloppy servos). the washout is all over the place when im smashing the cyclic stick.

yes, i have it setup right & all the servos are going the right way per input. all EPA on the servos are equal and all the arms are equal. i can lower the rates/mix% and it still does it. to test it further i connected this up on my 6102 + R700 and it works perfectly and accurately.

setup =

3x HS65
park bec 6v
Last edited by jh4db536; Aug 04, 2006 at 06:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2006, 06:09 PM
Über Geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh4db536
omg i thought the ECCPM lag was a myth. it's TRUE!!

this thing has TERRIBLE mix accuracy especially in the aileron mix (pitch is perfect, elevator is acceptable like really sloppy servos). the washout is all over the place when im smashing the cyclic stick.

yes, i have it setup right & all the servos are going the right way per input. all EPA on the servos are equal and all the arms are equal. i can lower the rates/mix% and it still does it. to test it further i connected this up on my 6102 + R700 and it works perfectly and accurately.

setup =

3x HS65
park bec 6v
I hope you didn't buy the DX6 expecting anything different, it's pretty well known that it's slow. At least, there are a couple posts a day about it.
Aug 04, 2006, 06:18 PM
Thread OP
nah, this thing aint mine. i guess now i have to tell the guy he needs to spend a couple hundred bucks more on a new tx lol...
Last edited by jh4db536; Aug 04, 2006 at 06:28 PM.
Aug 04, 2006, 06:20 PM
Über Geek
People are doing 6102+Spektrum conversions. Best of both worlds, supposedly. I'm not sure about the quickness with that setup though, you might want to ask around.
Aug 05, 2006, 12:56 AM
There's something wrong with your setup on the DX6... there is some common error that causes this, it is NOT inherent in the radio. Unfortunately, I don't know what that error is.

If you have the S75 servos that came with it, try those. I know the HS65 is more durable, but it's a common factor in people reporting slow cyclic on CCPM with the DX6.
Aug 05, 2006, 01:38 AM
Über Geek
The S75s suck. Why on earth would you want to go back to using those things? The HS65s are not only more durable (especially the MGs) but they are faster, have more torque, etc.

The servos should make no difference in cyclic speed changes induced by a RX/TX swap. If they worked fine before, they should work fine after. It's something to do with the DX6, and I'm pretty sure it's the TX, because people with 6102s using the spektrum module from the DX6 and the spektrum RX aren't having any problems (with the HS65s...)
Aug 05, 2006, 02:35 AM
Formerly p51flyer
DO NOT USE S75 SERVOS ON A TREX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that would be like trying to fly a trex hardcore 3D with hs-50s all around... not happening! HAHA

stick with 65s, as for the slow ccpm response, this is the first time i have heard about it. I think it is something that a very experienced pilot would notice, but i don't think it is something to scare off beginners from using a good radio. I wonder if there is a delay tome on the ccpm, and if there is... GET RID OF IT!
Aug 05, 2006, 02:48 AM
Thread OP
okay this is NOT my heli or tx. as far as i know, i have no problems with my JR 6102 + R770pCM + HS56's on my own chopper or when i swapped my radio and Rx to his heli.

the S75's are history as far as i know. he's got HS65hb's on the cyclic and running a parkbec 6v (it's very fast).

you want to know about slow response? this is what it seems like. for collective movement it's perfectly fine and VERY fast like it should be. during cyclic inputs, the servos move very very slow for some odd reason as if the servos are running on like 3volts PLUS there's major mix overlap and it causes pitch changes (washout is moving up and down when it's not supposed to) ???mix desynchronization???.

All i know is, everything works 100% fine when i use my 6102.

i took a video of this, but it doesnt do justice in showing what is going on so im not going to waste my time uploading it.

a noob would notice this, that's how obvious it is. as for flying 3d, im not going to 3d a heli that's not mine...blah i dont even 3d my own heli. i dont think the owner is going to 3d the heli for a long time either.
Aug 05, 2006, 09:39 AM
O'n'A Party Rock!
I have a DX6, with an extra reciever, installed in a my Honeybee King, and my SJM-400, I have noticed some interaction like described also, I thought it was normal, I am relatively new to copters and don't have any other radios or copters to compare it to, it is REALLY noticable on my King especially as I am running S-75 servos in it, they have their own built in slop. I love this radio, but am seeing limitations already, wish it had more programming, more switches, dual rates, etc... Love the no glitching and no antenna routing issues though!
Aug 05, 2006, 09:50 AM
Is this problem limited only to CCPM mixing? I wonder..

I have a DX6 radio and I use it on my HDE SE (It's all alum/CF) T-Rex and my cyclic response is wicked fast and accurate. Although I do use DS-285's for cyclic, maybe that helps?
Aug 05, 2006, 09:54 AM
Thread OP
Arclite, i had this thing on HDE setup prior and it worked fine.

he sent me a SE v2 (direct swash) frame to upgrade the heli. now i got MAJOR problems with this dx6. i know how ECCPM should be, i know how to set it up, and i know that the dx6 performance sucks balls on that SE and i would not even try to fly it with that amount of lag/crappy mix performance.

so yes, the problem is limited to ECCPM mix.

i think the guy is trying to buy a JR 9303 now...ouch those are $$$.

if you want an idea of how this has gone. i was initially sent a partially wrecked MX400 and DX6. he has gone from S75 servos (that kept stripping by themselves) to HS65s/9650 on 6vBEC. switched from a crappy 25amp ESC to a Phx35. Friday, i was sent a brand new SE frame, metal head/tail, so we've practically built a completely new heli. Now im asking him to get a new tx....Lmao. if i was getting paid for this i wouldve won the lottery of customers. i probably have will have been dropshipped well over 1g worth of stuff by the end of this month.

And i can forsee a new motor too because the kv is 2500 and with a 14t (2.3MM shaft) pinion he might not have sufficient rpm on 3s...after that, he will have replaced EVERY single part that he started with. OUCH^2
Last edited by jh4db536; Aug 05, 2006 at 10:09 AM.
Aug 05, 2006, 11:54 AM
The DX6 seems to have a too low datarate...only 60something kb/ sec

There WILL be better systems VERY SOON

You will thank me later
Aug 05, 2006, 11:56 AM
I found the Dx6 to be like going back to dial-up after having DSL. Sorry, but the thing needs a faster processor or something.
Aug 05, 2006, 02:18 PM
That tree again!!!!
I flew Dx6 with my X400 (eccpm) heli before. Other than not being stably hover at one spot (due to shashplate interaction in CCPM), it flew fine. I'm not a 3d flyer but I normally fly fast with some acrobatic moves mixing in. My heli has always been CCPM with direct servo to swashplate. Later I mix d6 with my Eclipse7 and has been very happy sice
Last edited by thanhTran; Aug 09, 2006 at 11:45 AM.
Aug 05, 2006, 02:55 PM
That tree again!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattijs321
The DX6 seems to have a too low datarate...only 60something kb/ sec...
I wonder if you have any test data show that data rate? Frankly, the whole data frame rate of a 7CH can be transfered very well within a 9.6Kbs serial cable (simulating cable) after the decoder digitizes it, if I'm not misunderstanding. I don't think it drops any frame. The whole PPM frame of a 7 channel radio is about 18ms long. It only needs to retransmit that frame every 20ms. My point is that with 7channel and with some CRC code, it doesn't need lots of CPU power or bandwith to carry that signal. Of course, I would like to know if my understanding is wrong somewhere.

Thanh

Quick Reply