Oct 03, 2006, 09:43 PM
Dragon Slayer
Umi:
I just hope my new dry dock gets finished soon, so I can start building my new tug the Tiger Sun, and a TX to operate her with, so I can get some kind of practice before the Foss rolls around. I've seen how it's done, crab I mean, but I've not had the chance to do it yet.

Keith S:
Glad to here that FOSS will be in bellview again, would hate to try and cross the border these days.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2006, 10:32 PM
Grumpa Tom
Everyone in WA and OR should party down at ropanach's place when his new dry dock is completed!
Oct 04, 2006, 12:09 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Thread OP
Yeah, but Ropanach doesn't have a pool like you Kmot...

Got the front rail done last night.
I need to think about the life boat tub racks. There is this ladder like thing on the outboard side of the tubs. I think it is supposed to drop out so that when they kick the tub, it rolls down the "ladder" and over the side, as opposed to dropping down and inflating on the deck.
Oct 04, 2006, 03:59 PM
Nice, neat work, Umi. You make it look so easy.
Oct 04, 2006, 05:27 PM
Dragon Slayer
Umi:
The rails are looking great.!

P.S. I don't have a pool but I have two lakes with in 1/8 mile
Last edited by ropanach; Oct 04, 2006 at 05:34 PM.
Oct 04, 2006, 06:08 PM
Grumpa Tom
Quote:
Precut and plant the stanchions and tape on the preformed top rail.
Another wonderful use for masking tape. I just love that stuff!

ropanach: 2 lakes would work!!
Oct 05, 2006, 12:10 AM
Dragon Slayer
There are about 8 or 9 lakes with in a 5 mile radeus around where I live, so this could be a big party, why don't we call it a regatta, and have a blast.

don't forget the chips and dip.
Oct 05, 2006, 12:26 AM
Grumpa Tom
Quote:
In the down position. Why I made these operable is anyones guess...!?!
I was going to guess, that you probably would make it functional. Then I read the caption on the next picture:

Quote:
I almost want to build a life boat tub, squash a small life boat(made from a dry sponge) inside, deploy it off the slide and watch it expand.
I think you answered your own question.
Oct 05, 2006, 12:42 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
They won't, Umi. Not a lot of them have ever tried doing what they see on this forum,
sad to say. As you have pointed out, it's not all that hard, but they are intimidated by
the idea of even really tackling it.

Success breeds success. If you fail in a first attempt, the usual result is to simply give it up, as it's obviously beyond your abilities. But, if you have some guts, you'll try again, possibly having your butt kicked a second time. In the end, with some serious reviewing of what went wrong, you'll get where you wanted to be.

You tried a logical approach and it worked. I said in an earlier post that I tried it in desperation, and it worked.

What works is trying.
Oct 05, 2006, 12:52 AM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot
I was going to guess, that you probably would make it functional. Then I read the caption on the next picture:

I think you answered your own question.
It's a "sickness" it tell you... It was not my intention at all.
These things just keep popping into my brain...

Der Kaptain,
A lot of people have jumped on the "Springers", so lets hope it grooms some new scratchbuilders.
Sail boat rigging intimidates me...
Nov 05, 2006, 10:08 PM
How's your projet coming along?
Nov 05, 2006, 10:10 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Thread OP
Added some brass bars to the bulwarks to reenforce them. have to do the ends.
Working on someone elses boat for them right now. I "plan" on having the bulwark supports done by the 17th.... we'll see.

Nov 05, 2006, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umi_Ryuzuki
Added some brass bars to the bulwarks to reenforce them. have to do the ends.
Working on someone elses boat for them right now. I "plan" on having the bulwark supports done by the 17th.... we'll see.

Umi; Just curious, is the "someone elses boat" Philo's Tito Neri...looking good - Steve
Nov 05, 2006, 10:48 PM
Sea Dragon-Lover
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by smart_racer
Umi; Just curious, is the "someone elses boat" Philo's Tito Neri...looking good - Steve
Yeah, it is.... I always wanted to build a Tito Neri ....but being an avid
scratchbuilder couldn't ever justify the cost...
It is much bigger than I imagined, and a really sturdy hull.
Last edited by Umi_Ryuzuki; Jan 29, 2007 at 09:09 PM.

Quick Reply