Aug 05, 2002, 08:57 AM
Crash Test Dummy
Thread OP

Revo Mixing On Corona?

Hello everyone.

I was just wondering about revo mixing on my Corona. I attempted to set it up the other night, but couldn't really get it to work the way I wanted.

Is anyone using revo mixing for their Corona? If so, what are your revo mix settings?

I'm using a Futaba 9CAP, which has a 5 point mix curve.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2002, 10:47 AM

Not needed with Gyro

If your using a heading hold gyro, revo mixing should be disabled. I've used the Futaba GY240 & the 401 as well as the telebee 701. These are all heading hold gyros and require REVO mixing to be disabled.

Todd
Aug 05, 2002, 04:27 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
Actually, you don't need rev mix with a FP heli at all if the TR is driven. HH or not.

Since it is FP, it mixes with RPM.
Aug 05, 2002, 05:40 PM
Crash Test Dummy
Thread OP
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I'm using the Hitec gyro -- don't remember the exact model, but it is not a HH gyro. It's just a simple piezo gyro.

I wanted to see if I could mix out the tail swing caused when advancing or lowering the throttle. It swings hard during sudden acceleration or deceleration of the head. I usually manage to keep control of the tail and bring it back in line, but I had a few close calls this past weekend.

I'm a complete newbie at this, and have gotten the nose-out hover down pretty good. But while practicing nose-in hover, I would sometimes find myself in trouble and give a boost of power to get me up to safety. It's during these "crisis" moments that I wanted to straighten the tail out -- just one less thing to worry about during those stressful moments.

So is revo mixing not what I want? Is there any way to mix in some rudder during sudden acceleration / deceleration? Or is a HH gyro the only way?

Thanks!
Aug 08, 2002, 11:12 PM
Making Cuisinarts Fly!!!!
Heading hold would help.

For learning hovering I would recomend a HH gyro.

The tail will stay where you leave it no matte what if you have it set up correctly.
Aug 09, 2002, 02:07 AM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
A HH would be the best. But a good piezo should stop the sudden spin during power up-down. A non HH will still let the heli spin slow if out of trim though.

Be sure your gain is set up correct. Turn it up until you get a little wag, then back off just enough to stop the wag.
Sep 10, 2002, 01:14 PM
What hh gyros are out there and where would someone get one? I have a non-computer radio a tail motor, fp, and no tail-rotor mix of any kind. Whould this help? Thanks
Sep 10, 2002, 01:24 PM
2 MANY TOYS :-)
Futaba GY240 from www.helihut.com https://secure.ioncart.net/helihut/s...yro%2FGovernor (lowest price) is a way to go that a lot of us are using with great results. Hope this helps.
Cheers - Boyd
Sep 10, 2002, 02:47 PM
Hey thanks a lot. Sounds great. That is the way I am going.
Sep 10, 2002, 02:56 PM
Oh yea. Will the 240 work with an old hitec tx? Thanks again. It's going to be fun.
Sep 10, 2002, 03:32 PM
2 MANY TOYS :-)
Shouldn't be a problem. It plugs in between the RX(rudder/TR channel) and the TR pitch control servo. As long as the wiring convention ([url http://www.balsapr.com/csupport/faq.asp#SConn[/url]) is observed, it's plug and play followed by a little tweaking of the gain and then rock steady(spoil you forever) HH tail control. Always best to have the TR as close as possible(steady) without the gyro and then add the gyro to the ckt.
Enjoy.
Cheers- Boyd

Quick Reply