Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by Aio_1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 25, 2009, 02:30 PM
Sideslip!
FlyingLakland's Avatar
...
Last edited by FlyingLakland; Feb 12, 2009 at 08:51 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2009, 10:16 PM
Registered User
Heres my 36" Moorback. Comes in at 7.4 ounces AU with a 3S 500

Just hovered it in the living room a bit, its been too windy to try it outside.Maybe in the next few days.
Feb 20, 2009, 03:31 AM
Registered User
Aio_1's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappa_Indy
Heres my 36" Moorback. Comes in at 7.4 ounces AU with a 3S 500

Just hovered it in the living room a bit, its been too windy to try it outside.Maybe in the next few days.
That's very heavy even at 36" span.
Given the large battery pack and chunky looking motor I presume this is intended mostly as an outdoor plane?

It does look great!

Aidan
Feb 20, 2009, 02:15 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aio_1
That's very heavy even at 36" span.
Given the large battery pack and chunky looking motor I presume this is intended mostly as an outdoor plane?

It does look great!

Aidan
Yes, its outoor only. I used a heavier motor and esc.
Feb 21, 2009, 02:41 PM
Registered User
sky shredder's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser79
Hello Everybody I just build a Morback´and it flies very good (It's another story with the pilot) I thought about building a Silence. but i can't make up my mind witch engin and controller i wan't to put in it. can any body help me? on the blueprints i have there is a suggestion to the engin but the price is a little to high.

I hope that somone can help me
hello I have built and flown the silence with a hobby city blue wonder 1300 kv on a 9x5 dd prop on three cells 610 mah auw 9.5 oz motor around 15 oz thrust $8.95 motor ,If i built it again i would build with thinner profile its kinda fat, firewall draggy.It builds up very strong with the bulk head in the fuse and the interlocking parts .my 2 cents have fun mike
Feb 21, 2009, 05:34 PM
Sideslip!
FlyingLakland's Avatar
those morbacks look pretty difficult to build, are thay?
Feb 21, 2009, 06:03 PM
Registered User

4D Morback


Not hard to build. Ron
Last edited by darticus; Feb 21, 2009 at 06:09 PM.
Feb 21, 2009, 06:05 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingLakland
those morbacks look pretty difficult to build, are thay?

No actually they build quite easily. All the parts lock in and line themselves up, as long as you cut straight.
Feb 24, 2009, 08:58 PM
Founder of the EDF20 club!
all4smallrc's Avatar
Which planes would be best for a 20in span 3mm Depron build that would weigh around 60g and be used for mostly outdoor yard flying, but some indoor too? Also being able to handle a little wind would be nice.
Feb 25, 2009, 08:58 AM
Registered User
Aio_1's Avatar
Any of the monoplane designs should work reasonably well. I'd omit any brakes or slats if you want mostly outdoor flying and some wind capability. The Bling Bling V3, Cirrus, Index 2.2, F3Axis, Edge, Juka (more 3D oriented) or Knuffel would be my preferences.

Aidan
Feb 25, 2009, 10:05 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4smallrc
Which planes would be best for a 20in span 3mm Depron build that would weigh around 60g and be used for mostly outdoor yard flying, but some indoor too? Also being able to handle a little wind would be nice.
See post #749, it can be addapted for what material you want. Plans are at start of that thread. They are 32" I believe but could be reduced, a lot of good info on this thread. The EPP would be more durable.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...964237&page=50

RCNXS
Feb 25, 2009, 11:07 AM
Founder of the EDF20 club!
all4smallrc's Avatar
I like the looks of the Juka. If that would be a good choice, maybe I'll try that.
Feb 25, 2009, 02:10 PM
Sideslip!
FlyingLakland's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by all4smallrc
I like the looks of the Juka. If that would be a good choice, maybe I'll try that.

thats accually what i am doing. if you search matchless juka plans. there will be a forum where this one guy posted like every juka plan in pdf format at the bottom. in fact here it is.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4&postcount=12

its really simple, but make sure you dont overlap the edges like i did, and instead of getting a 33 er somthing inch wingspan, 28...tape edge to edge
Mar 09, 2009, 06:28 PM
Registered User
Could anyone help, I am look for a model that can be tamed for a beginner but can be flown with spirit as his skill develops

I have been looking at some of the posted plans and was wondering if any of those are suitable
Many Thanks
Andy
Mar 09, 2009, 10:34 PM
Founder of the EDF20 club!
all4smallrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herman65
Could anyone help, I am look for a model that can be tamed for a beginner but can be flown with spirit as his skill develops

I have been looking at some of the posted plans and was wondering if any of those are suitable
Many Thanks
Andy
I just finished my Juka a while ago. Personally I think it's very easy to fly yet extremely capable for those advanced pilots. I don't know if it would be good for a total beginner, but as far as 3D planes go, it's pretty easy.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Depron F3P Plans please, can you Help? Jiffy Indoor Pattern/F3P 18 Aug 20, 2006 11:16 PM