This thread is privately moderated by Aio_1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Apr 14, 2011, 06:18 AM
f5b-uk
Posts #308 and #318 in this thread.

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Apr 14, 2011, 06:56 AM
rcflyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Seale View Post
Posts #308 and #318 in this thread.

Mike
Thanks a lot Mike
Jim
Apr 14, 2011, 12:11 PM
rcflyer
1 last question: Did you make some strengthening pieces like the GRP parts listed on the instructions for the CF rods?
Thanks
Jim
Apr 14, 2011, 01:05 PM
f5b-uk
No. I use polyurethane glue (Beli Zell or Gorilla Glue Pen) and it expands (foams) to spread the load. Done it this way for several models now and it seems to do the trick.

Mike
Apr 16, 2011, 12:48 PM
f5b-uk
Some video of my 560mm Afriel.

Afriel. (3 min 1 sec)
Apr 17, 2011, 01:36 AM
http://roys-rc-tv.webs.com/
And now for some video of her sister ship flow by Ray Watts.

Ray and his new Afriel at Calshot (6 min 23 sec)

Rays Afriel's maiden outing at Calshot (3 min 48 sec)
Last edited by Basingstoke Roy; Apr 17, 2011 at 03:53 AM.
Apr 17, 2011, 10:50 AM
rcflyer
Nice flying!! I am looking forward to getting this one done
Is that at the velodrome??
Apr 17, 2011, 04:46 PM
Yes it is the Velodrome. Great venue, but can be very cold in the winter as there is no heating and it is on the beach.
Thanks Roy for the videoing.
Last edited by Ray Watts; Apr 17, 2011 at 04:57 PM.
Jun 04, 2011, 12:25 PM
Hello F3P'rs,

Damn!! There is some fantastic flying, it's great to see the end result. I'll have stop digging my heli's and build a few.

All the best,
Dylan
Jun 04, 2011, 04:04 PM
I think I'd be more likely to build one if I could find a place here in town to fly indoors!
Jun 04, 2011, 08:13 PM
Build them from epp and they fly well outside in light winds. The best part is epp is very crash worthy for those with less flying talent than Martin Muller and others like him. I've built epp versions of some of my depron kits from Donuts, Fancy Foam and TopModel and I really enjoy flying them outside. I use 5mm to 8mm foam for construction and brace them with carbon just like my depron kits. My epp copies don't fly as crisply as my depron kits because epp is more flexible, but at least they survive the occasional crash a LOT better. There is only one indoor venue in my area and it's only available for a few hours each month. My epp models are usable most days where I live.

Cheers
Michael
Jun 24, 2011, 10:01 AM
Here's something for everyone I made in google sketchup. I call it the Proxima It's kind of a mashup of all the things I like from the competition-winning designs. Tab holes may be a bit narrow with a width of 1.8mm since I made this plan with the intent to have it laser cut.

Regards,
Serge Gonzales
Jun 24, 2011, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoFalconi View Post
Build them from epp and they fly well outside in light winds. The best part is epp is very crash worthy for those with less flying talent than Martin Muller and others like him. I've built epp versions of some of my depron kits from Donuts, Fancy Foam and TopModel and I really enjoy flying them outside. I use 5mm to 8mm foam for construction and brace them with carbon just like my depron kits. My epp copies don't fly as crisply as my depron kits because epp is more flexible, but at least they survive the occasional crash a LOT better. There is only one indoor venue in my area and it's only available for a few hours each month. My epp models are usable most days where I live.

Cheers
Michael
Good idea!
Jun 25, 2011, 07:23 PM
Flown my 80cm Afriel, AUW 148gms, flys very slow and true, I only wish a little more aileron response Thanks to the designer!
Jun 26, 2011, 12:46 AM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Hi Daniel looks like yo did a good job on the Afriel.
I've never built an EPP version of the Afriel but designed another similar model called the Tabbris for EPP. This has bigger Ailerons and has a really good roll rate even at low speeds. The fuselage profile is very similar and still remains very neutral and True

Andy

Quick Reply