Feb 26, 2013, 01:33 PM

Test flight success

I grabbed an hour after work today for a quick test flight as there was no wind to speak of. Although it was only 4 celsius. I used the same 2S lipos as before the conversion.

In short, the conversion has been a success. The climb rate is now much better and the model will ascend at an angle somewhere around 35/40 degrees. It's by no means rapid but it is a big improvement.

I flew for 15 minutes as a reference against my old set-up. Upon recharging the lipo consumption is down by aprox 20%. Given the ambient temp it indicates that the system is more efficient as would be expected.

The next step is a test using a 3S lipo.

Steve.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 26, 2013, 02:15 PM
Nice to hear the re-maiden went well Steve.
Maybe a daft question, but why try it on 3s?
Feb 26, 2013, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cloud
Nice to hear the re-maiden went well Steve.
Maybe a daft question, but why try it on 3s?
Thanks Sjaak.

Not a daft question at all considering I have the increase in performance I was hoping/expecting on 2S, in addition to flight times easily in excess of 45 minutes on one battery.

I'ts really just a case of curiousity on my part.

Steve.
Aug 20, 2016, 03:21 PM

The Uhu still lives!

My Uhu is still flying after all these years. It's one of my go to models for some simple relaxed flying!

So, a few days ago I took a few special photos to serve as a small homage to the little model.

Steve

Quick Reply