Jul 26, 2006, 07:25 PM
Arc, spark and smoke...
Thread OP
Discussion

World Models Spitfire EP outrunner and A20-20L

I recently bought a World Models Spitfire EP with their outrunner included. If flies very well with the stock folding prop, CC Phoenix 25 and my 3S 2100mah LiPos.

I had a new Hacker A20-20L laying on the bench the other day when I was checking over the little Spit. Hmm... the World Models outrunner looked exactly the same size as the Hacker. Hmm, again... I wonder if the Hacker would work, and be more efficient? So I swapped 'em.

On the test flight, the Spit seemed to perform about the same; maybe not as well. The battery seemed to weaken early. On landing, I stuck my finger into the cowl to check the Hacker's temp. Ouch! Too hot. I hope I didn't damage it!

What was I thinking? I should have hooked up the watt meter before I even thought about flying it.

Does anyone know any specifics on the little outrunner The World Models supplies with its EP warbirds?

Good flying,
desmobob
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2006, 07:35 PM
ProBro Spaz
what prop?
Jul 26, 2006, 07:52 PM
Arc, spark and smoke...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by spastic
what prop?
WM mystery prop. Appears to be just over 9 1/2" long, pitch unknown.

The Hacker A20-20L is supposed to spin a 10x4.7 with a 3S LiPo so I figured things would be OK.... guess not!

Good flying,
desmobob
Jul 26, 2006, 09:43 PM
ProBro Spaz
the origional motor is probably a low kv motor, are you sure the diameter is the same? did you compair RPM?
Jul 26, 2006, 11:39 PM
Hi Desmobob,

The WM outrunner specs can be found in this link

http://www.theworldmodels.com/para/p...M0283010_1.jpg

The folding prop is about 10 x 6

http://www.theworldmodels.com/para/p...id=79&subcat=0

I have a WM Super Chipmunk EP and replaced the stock 480 motor with a KV3600 inrunner mated to stock gearbox. I replaced the folder prop with an 8X6 e-prop and draws 15 amps wot on 8 cell nimh (Kan1050 2/3A).

I'm not familiar with Hacker A20, but you can try a smaller prop. 8X6 should do the job well
Oct 03, 2006, 09:27 PM
Arc, spark and smoke...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmobob
I recently bought a World Models Spitfire EP with their outrunner included. If flies very well with the stock folding prop, CC Phoenix 25 and my 3S 2100mah LiPos.

I had a new Hacker A20-20L laying on the bench the other day when I was checking over the little Spit. Hmm... the World Models outrunner looked exactly the same size as the Hacker. Hmm, again... I wonder if the Hacker would work, and be more efficient? So I swapped 'em.

On the test flight, the Spit seemed to perform about the same; maybe not as well. The battery seemed to weaken early. On landing, I stuck my finger into the cowl to check the Hacker's temp. Ouch! Too hot. I hope I didn't damage it!

What was I thinking? I should have hooked up the watt meter before I even thought about flying it.

Does anyone know any specifics on the little outrunner The World Models supplies with its EP warbirds?

Good flying,
desmobob
To revive this thread....

I flew my World Models Spitfire EP today and stuck my finger up through the bottom cooling vent and touched the stock motor. Ouch! It was plenty hot.... as hot as I remember my Hacker A20-20L being when I tried it in the model.

I'll have to try a smaller prop. I'll have to find a spinner the right size too....

Good flying,
desmobob

Quick Reply