Jul 22, 2006, 12:00 AM
Vice President at MultiGP
Thread OP
Discussion

What is it about slope that just keeps me smiling ear to ear?!

Maybe it is the snotty nosed winter front days when the wind howls at a bitter magnitude below freezing?

Could it be the slermally summer days when even hiding in the shade just won't cut it?

Oh the hell we go through to enjoy the slope. Reptiles, nasty plants, and life threatening feats to save a $200 foamie.

Why do we like this so much?

Please, feed the thought...
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2006, 12:07 AM
Suspended Account
Built and flew my first sloper last week. Been to the bluffs 4 times since and have been skunked each time by the lack of wing or wrong direction. I'll be there tomorrow to try again. Don't know what it is but I got to have more.

Will
Jul 22, 2006, 12:40 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhaney
Built and flew my first sloper last week. Been to the bluffs 4 times since and have been skunked each time by the lack of wing or wrong direction. I'll be there tomorrow to try again. Don't know what it is but I got to have more.

Will
Watch out, I feel that you are about to be taken hook, line, and sinker!
Jul 22, 2006, 01:03 AM
I failed linkage geometry
For me I think that sloping satisfies my basic laziness.

No setting up of launch equipment or the like, just get model, put key in board and throw. And the really good slopes are right beside the carpark. No need to search for lift, it's always there as long as you've gone to the right slope for the wind direction. The ability to fly models such as PSS without reliance on smelly, oily models to tow you up.
And mostly, probably the laid back attitude of most slopers.

Glenn
Jul 22, 2006, 01:09 AM
Long to be flyin'
Since I felt that full house aerobatic leave my hand on a beautiful summers day in 1974, watched slack jawed and fingers rigid as it executed a perfect trim induced loop finishing as a pile of bits 500 below. Wow!. What happened to all those years?

A lot happened, many things have come and gone but slope lives on its brilliant! Its enduring and why is the wind wrong again today?

Tony.
Last edited by Antonsoarer; Jul 22, 2006 at 02:32 AM.
Jul 22, 2006, 02:18 AM
Tony you're old! >_<

Anyway, I like it because of the variety, travelling to fly different slopes is fun (if I can ever get a ride ) and as you can see from this forum, its full of friendly and helpfull people!

Justin
Jul 22, 2006, 02:30 AM
Suspended Account
I don't hate the wind anymore, I want the wind-I need the wind, I need the wind in a certain direction...good grief, what have I gotten myself into. . . . . . . . . .

Will
Jul 22, 2006, 02:35 AM
It's pure.
Jul 22, 2006, 03:42 AM
Magic Blue Smoke costs to much
The fact that all you need is a plane in one hand and the radio in the other, bet that Chip Hyde.......
Jul 22, 2006, 03:45 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by willhaney
I don't hate the wind anymore, I want the wind-I need the wind, I need the wind in a certain direction...good grief, what have I gotten myself into. . . . . . . . . .

Will
Precisely
Jul 22, 2006, 05:21 AM
Scorpian 60'' 2012
For me it's the sound of the plane as it whistles by & the camaraderie on the slope.
Jul 22, 2006, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLA0242
It's pure.
Spot on!! thats it in a nutshell. Like surfing, windsurfing, hangliding and all that stuff
Jul 22, 2006, 06:39 AM
RC LIFER
It is akin to surfing in my opinion. Like comparing the mentalities of a Jet skier and a surfer, both are "watersports", but surfing is more spiritual, slope soaring is super spiritual.
There is a Zen aspect about slope soaring, manipulating and exploiting nature in a way only birds do, and always happening at beautiful, panaramic sites.
I love the unlimited flight times, the unlimited power (You want to go UP, you go UP!!!) the LACK of club mentality and rules, the slope has always been a place where general courtesy prevails, and everyone I've met sloping have always been friendly.
Jul 22, 2006, 06:46 AM
Hello Moto
Hey man, thats a good anology. Surfing to slopeing.

There both, in my opinion, kinda ruff and coarse but at the same time precise and 'good to do'.

Like, i like the low orginsation of it, it all depends on nature ect, opposed to powered flight which is cool all the same, but not as fresh...
Jul 22, 2006, 06:48 AM
Hello Moto
(+)...slopeing has the speed and in the composites, the curves

Quick Reply