Thread Tools
Jul 19, 2006, 03:18 PM
GOT WIND?
theclaw's Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

WORLD'S BEST COMBAT FOAMIES survey!!


Hi all,
I just wanted to get any and all input. On what we as hard core sloping foamie maniacs think, was or is the best combat foamies ever produced in all classes any size. List size and if still in production or not. Ill go first on what I belive was the best.

Warbirds- Daves aricraft works convetional EPP wood spars 48 inch all of DAW warbirds were frigging awesome!!! ( out of production ) =(

Flying wings- Frank Cavosos 48 inch Epp carbon spar-BOOMERANG
( out of production ) =(
-Jason Micallef
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2006, 03:30 PM
Registered User
I've got a Daves Kawafoamie Ki-61 kit sitting in mock flight on my living room floor right now. I bought it over 8 years ago and then got out of flying for awhile. Now I'm trying to read up on the proper ways of building it so I can do justice to the kit. I hear they fly well and are lots of fun. Wish me luck.
Jul 19, 2006, 03:35 PM
No Plane - No Gain
My choices:
Warbirds: I have no direct experience yet, but I do have a LEG P-51 on the bench.
Combat wings: I'd have to go with the Bee. And more specifically, the Predator-inspired Bee at that. I think that's a tough one to beat.
Jul 19, 2006, 03:37 PM
Drive anywhere to fly.
oscarmeyer's Avatar
DAWs are good planes but not good for combating, if you build them the way the instructions specifies. I have the Kawafoamie. On the maiden/combat it was hit right before the tail section, was bent and out of commision after five minutes of flying. The fuse was severed and controls for the elevator was bent beyond repair. When I rebuild it I will add some carbon spars in the fuse to stiffen it up.
Jul 19, 2006, 03:40 PM
GOT WIND?
theclaw's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikmkr
I've got a Daves Kawafoamie Ki-61 kit sitting in mock flight on my living room floor right now. I bought it over 8 years ago and then got out of flying for awhile. Now I'm trying to read up on the proper ways of building it so I can do justice to the kit. I hear they fly well and are lots of fun. Wish me luck.
Hey brother can you scan your copy of your kawafoamie instructions? I am rebuilding mine right now. It would help alot. Or fax them to me.
Thanks,
Jason
Jul 19, 2006, 03:43 PM
GOT WIND?
theclaw's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarmeyer
DAWs are good planes but not good for combating, if you build them the way the instructions specifies. I have the Kawafoamie. On the maiden/combat it was hit right before the tail section, was bent and out of commision after five minutes of flying. The fuse was severed and controls for the elevator was bent beyond repair. When I rebuild it I will add some carbon spars in the fuse to stiffen it up.
Dang I flew my kawafoamie right into the ground many times and took over 200 hard hits. It never broke. I guess I just built mine tough as nails. It was a bit hevier then most warbirds. My wing is still in great shape. I just remanufactored the fusealage currently 50 percent done on the rebuild. Will be ready for 200 more hits =)
Thanks,
Jason
Jul 19, 2006, 04:01 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by theclaw
Hey brother can you scan your copy of your kawafoamie instructions? I am rebuilding mine right now. It would help alot. Or fax them to me.
Thanks,
Jason
Will Do. I just have to find what stack of magazines I left it laying on top of. Seems I remember taking it out of the box and I remember having it on the bar last month but I've moved the mags since then. Last night I pulled the plane out of the box and no plans. I'll copy them and post a link here soon as I clean house.
Jul 19, 2006, 04:04 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
steve wenban's Avatar

fun value


Any one of these home spun eps total devastation combat profile scale birds
Jul 19, 2006, 04:30 PM
GOT WIND?
theclaw's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve wenban
Any one of these home spun eps total devastation combat profile scale birds
Where is that picture and when? Do many people still fly old school warbirds there? I wanna play
-Jason
Jul 19, 2006, 04:32 PM
GOT WIND?
theclaw's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stikmkr
Will Do. I just have to find what stack of magazines I left it laying on top of. Seems I remember taking it out of the box and I remember having it on the bar last month but I've moved the mags since then. Last night I pulled the plane out of the box and no plans. I'll copy them and post a link here soon as I clean house.
Hey could you possibly scan me a rough drawing of your tail sections as well. Here is my email [email protected]
Jul 19, 2006, 04:40 PM
Crikey never leave beer behind
steve wenban's Avatar
That photo was about a month ago ,we are due for another session this Sunday but the prediction for the wind does not look real good so will be postponed for another 2 weeks . And unless your in Australia may be a bit expensive to get here for 1 day lol.
check out our site if you want more info: http://swenban.rchomepage.com/
SteveW
Jul 19, 2006, 05:01 PM
fly it low
JetStreamJoe's Avatar
WingWarrior? Chris Klique had the Thruster which kicked @$$
I would love to get my hands on one but I think they are extinct, if not let me know, I want another arrow for the quiver come GR2
Jul 19, 2006, 05:15 PM
Happy Trees
m4rs's Avatar
IMO

60" plane class
Sidewinder
Viking

48' plane class
mini sidewinder
sr bd5
sr mig3
scooter
comanche

I love my viking the best of all the tailed combat planes Ive owned. They are almost unobtainable. Of course did just secure a 2nd today. w00t
Jul 19, 2006, 05:17 PM
Warbird; any of the combat foamies from tuffplanes.com, takes all of the abuse you can thow at it and it is still fairly fast on the higher lift days, 48'' span.

Grant
Jul 19, 2006, 05:32 PM
Striving to Rip the Bring
raptor22's Avatar
raider


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion What Is the best Cable Grease? "World's Best RC" any good? MikeBiv Racing Boats - Internal Combustion 9 Jun 03, 2006 12:21 AM
World's Shortest and Best Fairy Tale! boomerace Humor 8 Nov 23, 2005 02:22 PM
Video Of World's Best A/P Plane - Nearly Hit Photographer (oops) Buzz_Man Aerial Photography 5 Jan 09, 2005 07:23 AM