Jul 17, 2006, 09:11 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

MX450 vs 450se

I did a search and only came up with this thread.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ighlight=mx450

well that thread is kinda old, and not much info at all and the MX450 has been out for some time now. I am currently in the market for a 450 heli and have always liked the 450se. But today at my LHS I had seen the MX450 in person.

So I was just wondering how one compaires to the other. I have just started to fly. My brother bought a BCX and I have tooled around with it for a while. After getting hooked on the BX I got a MiniDragonFlyII and have been doing well with it. I know the price of going to 450 sized helis is alot so I wont even have all the gear needed to get the heli airborn for a few more months at the soonest. and by then I should have enough fly time on the dragon fly.

Thanks in advance!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2006, 10:20 PM
Don't know much about the mx450.

I'd go with the t-rex , there's so much info out there , soo many people to help you with it , i'd bet you LHS has or can get parts easy , i'm sure there's more.

I'm no expert but the mx and the t-rex are close copies of each other , mx having more alum from the get go.

I like to go with something cheap to fix and east to get parts.

Myself i had the t-rexes from the very beggining (450 , not even a X ) and i just sold them all to buy a century swift. Very happy with the swift. I'm running the v28 emoli power tool batteries in it , very cheap duarable batteries. If i were to do it all over again right now i'd go with the swift.
The small size if the 450 machines is nice though , nice in calm wind that is ( begginer right ? ) , I liked it for the size , but when the wind kicked up a little i didn't want to fly (chance of crashing very high for me). With the swift i'm flying like there's no wind on a day where i would have been half way home with the t-rex.

I'm not trying to push you away from the 450 machines , just offering up a suggestion to consider. If you have no gear or very little gear it may not make much difference in the ole wallet.

MArtin
Jul 18, 2006, 10:05 AM
Wrong forum.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=476170

Requesting move.

Quick Reply