Jun 04, 2011, 01:43 PM

Blades

Hi gang, I have made a start on the build and the carbon frame is looking good, the biggest problem is sourcing all the necessary materials. I have looked on the Aerobalsa site and they have no 2" blades in stock. Is there any other supplier for the blades? Mick.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 05, 2011, 12:37 AM
I have always made my own blades. They are quick and simple to make, if you go to the Spyro 111 build you can find a couple of videos of how Rich makes his blades.They are a similar size to the Minimum.I fly both models and the blades will fly ether one.
Chris.............
Jun 13, 2011, 01:33 PM
Building is continuing at a rather slow pace, most of the carbon frame is finished as is the depron tail, I have gone with a rudder. I have just ordered the bearings for the head. I have found a PJS 300sf motor and wondered if it was going to be OK? 0.5mm GF sheet is still to be purchased but struggling to locate some at a reasonable price, any ideas? thanks, Mick.
Jun 13, 2011, 01:42 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Mick,
Where about's are you?
Jun 13, 2011, 02:50 PM
Lancashire, near Preston.
Jun 13, 2011, 03:59 PM
It's all in the Blades!
Mick,
This is 0.4 mm but I am sure it would be fine, it may be worth contacting them? My LMS stocks this stuff, if you get stuck give me a shout?
I will be going to the fly-in this weekend, if you are going I can always pick some up this week as I need to go and get some fuel?

http://www.macgregor.co.uk/macgregor/mac4247.htm

Regards

Rich
Jun 14, 2011, 11:44 AM
Hi Rich,

Thanks for the link and the offer of help, I am off to Weston this weekend but maybe if I get the Gyro flying I could attend the next flyin.

Mick.
Jul 17, 2011, 12:40 PM
I have been busy with the Minimum, with a bit of luck there should be some pictures. let me know what you think. Just the Head to do, still no blades at AB.
Jul 18, 2011, 01:25 AM
Great looking model. Plenty of colour is good. Blades or not that hard to make, give it a goooooooooooooo
Chris..........
Jul 18, 2011, 04:23 PM
Thanks Chris, I have started on the Head today, time is running out for AB. I might have to try making the Blades, I have stuck to the intent of the designer through out the build and I am worried the self made blades might compromise the flying. Mick.
Jul 20, 2011, 01:01 AM
I was flying my model today .It is up to 110 flight's on the same set of blades,and they are still undamaged [ possibly I should not have said that? ]
Chris..........
Jul 22, 2011, 11:37 AM
Nearly finished the Head, does anyone want to sell me a set of AB blades good, bad or ugly? I am nearly ready for my first hops but no blades. Mick.
Jul 22, 2011, 11:42 AM
RC Group therapist
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinoz
I was flying my model today .It is up to 110 flight's on the same set of blades,and they are still undamaged [ possibly I should not have said that? ]
Chris..........
Oh NO Chris......Now you've done it! No worries man; even if you destroy it on the next flight you can't be dissappointed with 110 flights. That's around 27 cents a flight for maintenance costs. Wow.

Regards,
-Mike
Aug 29, 2011, 11:54 AM
She's ready!!! I bought some Aerobalsa blades and she's finished. Just need the usual Bank Holiday weather to improve and hopefully one evening this week should see the first flight. Just a little nervous as I have never flown an Autogyro before. Mick.
Aug 31, 2011, 02:44 PM
She has flown, 3 times tonight and what a good time we had. A bit tricky to see but it flew very well. The last flight even managed a proper roll out landing. I cant wait for the next go. Mick.

Quick Reply