Jul 31, 2002, 02:44 PM
LSF 004 - AMA 5055
Thread OP

Ford Flivver

Does anyone have experience with either one of the Dymond Ford Flivvers that they would share? How 'bout what motor, gearbox, prop, battery, weight, flying characteristics. Are there any other Flivvers out there?

Bob
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2002, 05:33 PM
D.G.B.
Do a member search for greg gimlick.He did a reveiw of one of the two.Not sure what size it was.I think the reveiw was in S&E Modler magazine.stefanP
Jul 31, 2002, 06:10 PM
Hi Bob
I drew up a set of s280 plans some time ago but have never built it. It was an exercise to examine the airplane. I found that there is very little known since only 2 were built and a 3rd one from the other 2. To my knowledge, the only survivor is owned by the Ford museum.
Jim
Jul 31, 2002, 06:17 PM
Visitor from Reality
I believe there's two of the original "268" with the flat wing and three cyl Anzani - Ford have the 'real' one at Dearborn, and another replica was built to fly, but didn't, by an EAA group in Florida - they got the right engine but it was beyond restoration. Suspect that one is at the EAA museum in Oshkosh.
Jul 31, 2002, 07:25 PM
aka neweflyer

fliver

There is one at the ford musuem in dearborn. The also have a number of other planes there also. I work for a Lincoln-mercury dealer and have been back there a number of times. It is an incredible place to go and I would recomend going to museum if you ever get the chance.
grant

Quick Reply