This thread is privately moderated by Chatenever, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 13, 2006, 01:02 PM
Dumb Thumbs
Im in Cali, the north bay area(I fly from heldsburg down to san rafael all the time, quite abit at the old hamilton airbase in novato)
I fly electrics only both planes and helis

-Derek
to remove ads between posts
Jul 13, 2006, 01:39 PM
TP 1.21 Gigawatt Needed
If anyone in The Asheville, Hendersonville, or Flatrock North Carolina area needs help PM me.

I have Experience with Glow Heli's & Planes, have starting equipment, But fly My Electric Planes for now. Let me know if I can Help.

Mike
Jul 14, 2006, 06:08 AM
Crash Master
Great idea! Glad to help!

I'm in Indianapolis, IN, south-east side

PM me to meet up.

Electrics, DPF's, 3D, Lazy, and speed. Enjoy the design, build and motor building as much as flying!

Gene Bond
Jul 14, 2006, 08:44 AM
Hey great Idea, and I would be more than glad to help out.

Electrics, pretty much any kind.

~Sam Schmidt
Jul 14, 2006, 09:07 AM
DC Metro area

Maryland and DC

Electrics.

Mike Charles
Last edited by mcharles13; Apr 25, 2007 at 01:04 PM.
Jul 14, 2006, 02:45 PM
This thread (and forum of course) is what it's all about, a community of very helpfull people, working together.

I went into IC R/C just under 2 years ago. I finished building my Tutor 40 beginners plane.

I contacted the chairman of my local Club, enquiring about joining and of course I informed him I was a beginner, he told me they were not taking on beginners. I live in a part of the UK where there aren't many clubs.

then I put my fingers in the engine propeller, 1/8 th inch deeper & 3 fingers would have been gone. That put me off untill 2 months ago when I thought I'd go electric and I've been getting myself organised.

I specifically got myself a simulator so I could learn as much as possible from it so that in the event I have to go it alone I'l understand the basics. Having said that, I'll be putting an advertisement in a newspaper enquiring if there's someone not far away would he take me for a few hours, and I'll pay him.
Jul 14, 2006, 03:56 PM
Been There! Done That!
Joe Howard AKA Boomer
Built first plane in 1939 at 12y old. Been flying RC since the 1960's Have trained many many new flyers. Futaba 9c Super System and trainer box. My plane or yours!
Eugene, Oregon
boomer
Jul 14, 2006, 08:00 PM
Frequent Flyer
I'm Brian.
I have been flying RC since 2003 and have trained several new pilots, some under 10 years old. I have 2 very durable trainer planes and 2 radios with a trainer cord.

PM me if you want some local help.
Last edited by wattsup_kz; Jul 14, 2006 at 08:56 PM.
Jul 14, 2006, 08:15 PM
I'm getting back into RC heli-ng after a 12+ Year break (lol)
I only had about 2 lessons way back then and the chap charged me £13 per hour! Approx ($28!)
Im getting back into it hopefully and dont think I'll bother with an Instructor.
Bought my G3 and will put in plenty of practise on that.
Jul 14, 2006, 08:29 PM
Been There! Done That!
Guys,
I've asked to have this made a sticky. I think the posts should only be possible instructor info. Not unrelated BS!
boomer
Jul 17, 2006, 07:11 AM
Extreme Hoverer
I'm self taught,into electrics and a have a Stryker set up with brushless power with all JR electronics and a trainer box,This past Sunday I put two people up on the buddy box and gave them a chance to fly,if I can help a guy I will.

Omaha Ne.

PM me as I probably won't check this thread often.
Jul 17, 2006, 07:36 AM
Electric only ... Airplanes

Greenville, North Carolina

PM me.
Jul 19, 2006, 01:31 PM
Come fly with us in Henryetta

South West indiana

Wes Arnett Bicknell ( near Vincennes) Indiana.
Been building and flying since 1969 and fly only electrics and mainly park and slowflyers.

I have several good places to fly and would be happy to help anyone needing it.
Send pm for contact information.

Wes

Ok Things have changed since I posted in this thread! I am now in Wewoka , Oklahoma. I am near Holdenville ( where I fly most of the time). Also not far from Okemah and Wetumka.

And still happy to help!
Last edited by 1987tc; Feb 09, 2010 at 08:41 PM.
Jul 22, 2006, 02:13 PM
If it flys,I can crash it
I'm a noob and could use some help. I don't really want to join a club mainly because the nearest one to my house is an hour away.I just purchased a T-Hawk and have flown it few times. Some times with success and other times not so good. If there is anyone who lives near Waxhaw NC area and would be willing to help me out I would really appreciate it. Just pm me.
Jul 31, 2006, 06:55 PM

Need an instructor: St Louis area- Highland IL - 30 miles East

All:

At E-fest I met a fine fellow and talked him through Slow Stick Construction via Email. Now he needs an instructor and he managed to stick it in a tree top before looking for an instructor locally If you are experienced and in this general area contact me and I'll provide his contact info.

Thanks.

rcgreaves

Quick Reply