Jul 16, 2006, 05:05 PM
Renewed interest
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroSports
can someone show a picture of problem ball links?
I dont have a camera capable of such detail, all i can say is with gentle finger pressure the links crack as they pop onto the balls (or are cracked already). Of the many helis i have, the only links that brake are the small ones on the Eolo but not as often as the trex 600 links.

There seems to be more and more 600's filtering thru and so far (great news for Align) only the ball links seem to be a reasonably common issue.
There have been reports of a few other niggles but for a new kit Align seem to have done a terrific job.

Now for some durability reports as we get more flight done.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2006, 08:00 PM
durability huh? well, yesterday i did an auto right though a foamie. the foamie turned into confetie, and the heli continued the auto, and still had some reserve at the end. I bent the flybar, and the mainshaft, but that was it. the plane was spread out over about a 60ft diameter. I got lucky

heli 1
plank 0
Jul 16, 2006, 10:34 PM
lol
Jul 16, 2006, 10:58 PM
sky is the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kong
durability huh? well, yesterday i did an auto right though a foamie. the foamie turned into confetie, and the heli continued the auto, and still had some reserve at the end. I bent the flybar, and the mainshaft, but that was it. the plane was spread out over about a 60ft diameter. I got lucky

heli 1
plank 0
what is your take on the broken links issue? have you seen or heard at the job? that was a great story, but didn't address the issue nor prove the durability of the heli. When the issues arise, we would like to hear someone from the company either prove those were isolated cases, or have solutions for them.
Jul 16, 2006, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozace
Now for some durability reports as we get more flight done.
Ha, well I have done that!
So far mine has had 3 crashes. The first at XFC, (on video ) not a bad crash, only:
Landing gear
Tail shaft
Grips

Second crash this weekend in Toronto, Sat-demo flight:
Tail blades, Main Blades
Grips

Third crash this weekend in Toronto, Sun-flight, a very hard crash, by far the hardest, I am still evaluating. (Didn't even bother to fix it at the event, unlike the first crash as I was in the air within about 45mins, ready to rock and roll

I am impressed with the durability of the machine! So far I have not been able to bend a spindle, only tail shaft! I have really tried to "break" this machine in flight, and so far to no avail. I know Alan mentioned he really tried to beat on it, also with no luck in parts failure!
Keep'em Flying,
Nick
Jul 16, 2006, 11:32 PM
Renewed interest
Thread OP
Thats what i like to hear Nick, and i dont mean crashing, just that it is holding together well when you pound on it.
Jul 17, 2006, 07:59 AM
Nick,

I heard you also crashed at the Hirobo Cup after dinner. How bad was that one? ANy damage to the frames, canopy, or lipos yet?
Jul 17, 2006, 10:35 AM
Conformity Kill's
here's the best pictures I could get of the broken link I had.

Geneween
Jul 17, 2006, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucks
Nick,

I heard you also crashed at the Hirobo Cup after dinner. How bad was that one? ANy damage to the frames, canopy, or lipos yet?

That was the 450
I have not been able to break the frames or canopy, other than a few small gelcoat cracks. Lipos are holding up fine, even after the crashes, I have about 50 flights on all my 4 packs. Some packs even have more on them. Its all going great!
Keep'em Flying,
Nick
Jul 17, 2006, 01:11 PM
Glad to hear it. I wish I could have stayed for the dinner and flying afterwards. From what I heard it was mass carnage after dinner with quite a few really good crashes.

My 600 is almost done and so far it's been a pleasure to build. I hope it flies as well as it went together.
Jul 17, 2006, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBucks
Glad to hear it. I wish I could have stayed for the dinner and flying afterwards. From what I heard it was mass carnage after dinner with quite a few really good crashes.

My 600 is almost done and so far it's been a pleasure to build. I hope it flies as well as it went together.

Yeah helis were going in right and left! Good luck with your 600!
Keep'em Flying,
Nick
Jul 18, 2006, 12:11 AM
Nick, perhaps the space shuttle was blocking the heli gods for looking down on you!
Jul 19, 2006, 08:35 AM
About the links.... Would TT Raptor links fit? Has anyone tried yet? I have a few bags of those and i think when mine get here this week i will try using them instead.
Jul 19, 2006, 10:15 AM
Chillaxin dude!
Anni....the links fit the balls, but not as tight as they should. But the biggest issue is the control rod sizing..TT uses 2.3mm wheras the Align are 2mm. So they don't fit
Jul 19, 2006, 10:34 AM
How about links from the EP8? Ozace? You got both. Maybe those fit?

Quick Reply