Jun 06, 2007, 08:40 AM
Hey Guys

Sorry to be late with this one but the winner of the final month of the Guppy contest is Highlander52!
PM me your shipping info and something will come your way:-)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2007, 08:56 AM
Denny- PM sent and Thank you!

Highlander52
Jun 06, 2007, 07:50 PM
Gadsden RC Flyers

Wing Attachments

Earlier in the thread, I saw a couple of pictures that showed thin plywood reinforcement around the two wing attachment bulkheads, such as in the photo below. I also saw one recommendation for glass reinforcement for the bulkhead / pod joints. (Post #184)

What is the current thinking about the need for additional reinforcement of the Guppy pod in this area? I would think that this might be more important for the hotliner version than for the standard Guppy.

Thanks,

Jack Stephens
Jun 06, 2007, 11:03 PM
Thread OP
Hi!

If you land badly (cartwheeling) the wing could rip forward plywood fuselage bulkhead out of the balsa fuselage sides. So, if the balsa sides are reinforced here with thin ply, the ply stay attached.

But it is not needed if you fly and land carefully....if you are experienced pilot and you dont do crashlandings. , but you never know...so reinforcing that part of glider is not a bad idea.

Mitja
Last edited by ultralajt; Jun 07, 2007 at 12:23 AM.
Jun 07, 2007, 11:17 PM
Gadsden RC Flyers
Mitja,

I appreciate your response. I will use a conservative combination of 1/64" plywood and glass to beef up those wing attachment bulkheads. I don't "build to crash", but then I am not a perfect pilot either.

Jack Stephens
Jun 08, 2007, 03:36 PM

Hi-start

Hi
One more Guppy sailplane flight:
Guppy sailplane extremal Hi-start (0 min 22 sec)

It's great sailplane. I like it very much. There were bad weather today(too windy). I have some bad landings, but have no crash or any seriouse damage(bottom cover damages only=)). Some photos will be soon.
I've attache only one photo: best weatherdescription
Jun 10, 2007, 06:12 AM
Thread OP
Shread, nice video!

And here is another video of Guppy. This one is with camera "on board".
Hotliner wings version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ar4_6mGOmA

Video made by Dejan from Slovenia.

Mitja
Jun 10, 2007, 06:13 PM
Denny you rock...thanks for the goodies...I can't believe how quickly he gets stuff out and its not like he doesn't have a major contest to run.
Mitja- My dad likes the Guppy so much he's ordered one as well. Said he hasn't been in the mood to build anything until he saw how sweet looking the Guppy is!!

Highlander52
Jun 11, 2007, 10:29 PM

Brazilian Guppy got a Cannopy

The Brazilian Guppy is almost ready, got a vacum formed cannopy today and tomorrow I will work on electronics, the first flight will be this weekend.

Here are some pictures of the canoppy and my home made vacum forming box.
The cannopy plug was made of foam, and covered with fiber glass and a mix of epoxy and aluminium sulfate powder.

Tomorrow I will plublish plane pictures

Sergio
Jun 13, 2007, 07:54 PM
This is what I have been working on for two days. It is almost finished.
I am from China.
Jun 14, 2007, 08:58 AM
go plane go!
Looks great . Thanks for sharing.
Jun 16, 2007, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boyyy
This is what I have been working on for two days. It is almost finished.
I am from China.
Main wing is almost finished. Unfortunately, I hurt my finger in the duration, I gonna take a couple days for rest.
I also plan to build hotline wing for this fuselage.
Last edited by boyyy; Jun 16, 2007 at 10:16 AM.
Jun 16, 2007, 03:08 PM

Hi-start

Hello, All!!
Last weekend, when i try to start with small hi-start system(70m cord+8m rubber) i have a crash. I've seen foldering wings in the sky=) I've try to repair it using hard balsa and have a similar crash again. Final edition: I've reinforce longeron with 10*0.5 carbon plate(at the top and bottom) and have good results. Enjoy the video=)
It's great sailplane, with small longeron reinforcement it's well-suitable for hi-start!!! Thank's for you work, Mitja
Best Regards, Mihail.
Guppy Hi-start (1 min 8 sec)
Last edited by Shread; Jun 16, 2007 at 03:56 PM.
Jun 16, 2007, 09:37 PM
Larry

my guppy

Here's my guppy
Jun 17, 2007, 06:03 AM
Call me hippo
Mihail,

Thanks for the nice video. What a pleasure to watch on this Sunday morning. Today is Father's Day holiday in the U.S. and it made me think of all the happy times I spent with my kids out on the flying fields.

Spasibo!

Phil in Minnesota

Quick Reply