Jul 05, 2006, 09:00 AM
Libertas in Infinitum
Thread OP
Discussion

Rolling Hunger Strikes?

I'm sorry, but this is just silly ... taking turns fasting for 24 hours ... is that really showing your resolve? My dad was in Saigon when the Monks set themselves on fire protesting the South Vietnamese government ... now that's resolve. Mandela, Ghandi and Bobby Sands knew what conviction and resolve is ... and it's not tag team protesting.

These hollywood nobility types just seem so out of touch with reality and so engrossed in their own self declared greatness. Who needs them anyway?

Logan5
Jul 05, 2006, 09:20 AM
Get One Up!!!
Isn't that just cheap detox with a political message attached?

Welcome back BTW
Jul 05, 2006, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leccyflyer
Isn't that just cheap detox with a political message attached?
Either that or a cover for anorexia, with a cheap political message attached.
Jul 05, 2006, 02:17 PM
Time for me to Fly...
"Rolling Hunger Strikes"....... sounds like a term used by overweight bowlers.
Jul 05, 2006, 02:33 PM
Random Pic #23982
My favorite was some Washington Lawyer that had a "hunger strike". He resigned himself to nothing but liquid juices, drinks and nutrution supliments. One has to stay healthy enough to work out, hunger strike or not.
Jul 05, 2006, 02:36 PM
Tu ne cede malis
hey hollywood!

like marching in the street, like a kid threatening to hold their breath until they turn blue, or who'll sit at the dinner table all night instead of finishing that brussel sprout, hunger strikes are the yet another self centered, "look at me" choice, for those they think we care if they don't eat.

Hey I care so much i'll shout in the street, i care so much i won't eat. great. whatever.

hey, starve yourself silly, it's your choice, you still won't get your way, and you'll still be wrong. we're supposed to feel compelled to change because you won't open your pie hole and feed yourself?

it's based on precisely the same backwards logic that has them voting for others to serve their morals and ideals. they figure if they can hand us responsibility for what we aren't responsible for, we'll somehow feel responsible because they don't eat if we don't do what they want.

Sorry, *you* are responsible for choosing not to eat, it has nothing to do with anyone else and everything to do with your wholly owned choice not to eat.

Your choice to not eat, places no moral responsibility on anyone else whatsoever. You aren't starving yourself because of what someone else did, you're starving yourself because YOU choose to.
Jul 05, 2006, 09:18 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
Thread OP
Mtngoat,

Let's not belittle the effectiveness of a true hunger strike ... just look at what Bobby Sands was able to do. These Hollywood types have no true conviction behind their actions, fasting for 24 hours is nothing compared to 70+ days....now that's determination, that's putting your life on the line for something you believe in... what these Hollywood elites are doing is just cheap and silly.

Logan5
Jul 05, 2006, 09:50 PM
Out of Time
I'm sure glad I read what this was about more carefully... I thought it was something about a "Rolling Thunder" diet where they ate only beans for 24 hours.

Pardon me.

Highflight

Quick Reply