Jul 04, 2006, 02:07 AM
The sky is my playground.
Discussion

Pics of Alfa P-47 on HL

Check it out...teaser pics of the P-47. Looks pretty sharp...I've alreay got my paint sheme all picked out for that baby.... I'm also curious about the predator UAV. That might be kinda neato...
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/flying-field51.htm
to remove ads between posts
Jul 04, 2006, 10:54 AM
Hooper, full throttle!
Looks identical to a wet power model <paint scheme> I have seen at our club field. Perhaps Modeltech or the likes made it... anyways Im also glad to see a Projeti in the photos. I wonder if HL is going to start importing them again from Free Scale?

Tommy D
Jul 04, 2006, 11:11 AM
Team JR Air
Not Modeltech. It's the new Alfa offering. http://www.alfamodel.cz/
Last edited by SPasierb; Jul 04, 2006 at 11:50 AM.
Jul 04, 2006, 09:16 PM
Does anybody know what is happening with the Beaufighter and Spit? The Beaufighter video is in their R&D section but I also seem to remember someone talking about a Spit not so long ago.
Any news?
Jul 04, 2006, 10:29 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPasierb
Not Modeltech. It's the new Alfa offering. http://www.alfamodel.cz/
Understood, I only said it LOOKED like the old kit.

Bet it flys great!

Tommy D
Jul 04, 2006, 11:13 PM
Wow, those other pics of the Jug look good. As for the Beaufighter, I saw pic of it somewhere on here at some trade show over in Europe....as for the Spit, I heard sometime in September/October we start seeing pics of it across the pond. Which means we won't see it till like Christmas.
Jul 05, 2006, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the info Dora nine. Oh-well...I will just have to wait for the beautiful beau a little longer then . How can you not love an aircraft with such a beautiful pair of bristols ...hercules radials that is
Of course...maybe they should think about making your name sake. A nice long-nosed 190 would be cool. Always thought it was the best looking of the whole series.
Jul 05, 2006, 01:19 PM
So do I... for now I'm "stuck" with the A-8 I had heard that it was expected to be MKV Spitfire...The Beaufighter at least from the pics was in a two tone brown(desert) finish...so I'm hoping for the grey/green finish on the spitfire...that'll give most everyone plenty of decal options for the Spit. Maybe some D-day stripes would be nice too.
Jul 05, 2006, 07:08 PM
Humm a MkV with invasion stripes would be great ...with clipped wings would be nice too.
The A8 is a nice Fw just there is something about the shape of the D9 that is more elegant. They are alike yet not alike. A bit like once the spit moved to the griffin engine. Just not the same. Who knows, maybe they'll come out with a Ta152 and a Spit MkXIV one day. Now that would be cool