Jul 28, 2002, 10:31 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Thread OP

a really good charger??????

does anybody know of a really good AC/DC charger that will charge really small batt. packs safely(250mah charge rate), yet won't break the bank?.......all the ones that do everything are very$$$$$$
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2002, 09:25 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Thread OP

charging

sorry. I caught no fish on this one......OFB looking for a good charger...apparently you guys haven't found one either....
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Jul 30, 2002, 09:40 AM
Boink!

super brain 0.5 amp charge rate

I had accessed what people thought about the super brain in a thread in the training area and have not got much response. It has a charge rate 0f 0.5A at the low end whihc might not be low enough for you. It is reasonably priced though.
http://www.modelrec.com/jspages/cata...ex.jsp?cat=147

Good Luck,
Eric
Jul 30, 2002, 09:43 AM
You should look at the Wattage PF-12 at www.hobbypeople.net. It will handle packs from 4 to 12 cells, and is adjustable from 240mA to 2400mA I believe.
Jul 30, 2002, 10:26 AM
Boink!

Direct thread to Wattage PF-12

http://www.hobbypeople.net./gallery/130108.asp

Eric
Jul 30, 2002, 10:42 AM
Resident Maniac
exactly how small? for the REALLY small stuff, get a ginzel. with the slowfly option, it'll charge as low as 50mah. Yes, it is kinda pricey though.
Magellan Tech

Otherwise, the others mentioned here will do. You are correct, to get the features you need to shell out the big bucks.
Good luck
Toast
Jul 30, 2002, 01:06 PM
BEC
BEC
Second the motion on the PF-12. Charge rates from 250 mA (NOT mAh - that's a battery capacity, not a rate) to 2A, on AC or DC. 4-12 cells which covers alot of territory. Selection for NiMH or NiCD cells. Good unit if a bit big and bulky (but most of that is the big transformer inside to provide the AC capability).
Jul 30, 2002, 04:40 PM
Travelling into the future
I had my mind set on the superbrain but now I'm not so sure

Is there any advantage to having the digital display on the superbrain?
Jul 31, 2002, 02:53 AM
the hitec CG-340 goes down around 200 MA does up to 16 cells and 5 amps, and NimH as well for $40. I like it so far. Though no AC option, you either need a 12V battery or a power supply.
Jul 31, 2002, 11:56 AM
PUGZ RULE!

competition electronics park pal!

FEATURES: Black plastic construction with an LED light.
.15 to 1 Amp patented peak detection for NiCd and NiMh batteries.
Quick charges 4 to 8 Cell packs.
Easy to use, just set your milliamp rate, and go.
Charges transmitter and reciever packs.
Linear charge method prolongs battery life.
Charges 8 cell packs with a 15 Volt power supply (not included).
Charges 10 Cell packs with an 18 Volt power supply (not included).
90 day warranty
Included 15 volt power supply

I've never gone wrong using their products. available at 42 bucks.

rgds JT
Jul 31, 2002, 03:58 PM
Principal Member
i have the superbrain and am very happy with it. i charge everything from 140mah gws batteries to 3000mah rc car batteries. great charger. 0.5 - 4.5A adjustable charge, lots of display options.. its good for the job.
Jul 31, 2002, 04:05 PM
What does not break the bank? Some people may be $50, others may be $100, and still others may be $200. But I found a used Robbe Infinity 2 for $125, best charger I have ever had. Does everything I need. Keep an eye out for used models...

Quick Reply