Nov 11, 2004, 11:04 PM
TROUT OR THERMALS
Anyone built any more recently?

Dean
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2004, 01:16 AM
Angering mobs since 1980.
I had one of these kits a long time ago but had to sell it due to a move. Now I am kicking myself.

IIRC it was for .10 nitro, 05 electric or as a sloper. It ought to be a rocket with a nice size AXI in it. Or maybe a good sized Mega.

--
Mike N
Nov 12, 2004, 09:58 AM
"Bible Thumper"
This plane or a better/your own version is very easy to make, especially when you use a V-bat ARF for the main wing, the rest of the planeis easy to make. Rocketman on Ebay has been selling V-bats, many of the sell for about 30.00. V-bat is also a great flying plane on it's own.
Nov 12, 2004, 12:55 PM
Hi guys,

Two Sig Tri Star kits on Ebay right now, but you gotta hurry if you are interested.

Good luck! Mickydee
Nov 12, 2004, 02:59 PM
TROUT OR THERMALS
I think I have 4 sets of wings for this kit in my shop- I'll look.

Anyone else remember a sweptforward main wing canard sloper that was in a magazine a few years back? I think it was grey and was a built up. Seemed like a 2 meter. He flew it behind an assembled group during a photo taken for the get together at the slope. Just wonding if anyone had more info?

Dean
Nov 12, 2004, 07:18 PM
"Bible Thumper"
was it the X-29?
Nov 12, 2004, 10:18 PM
TROUT OR THERMALS
Nope. It was a 2 meter sloper RC

Dean
Aug 16, 2006, 07:46 AM
Larry,

I would like to know this plant of SIG Tri-Star it contains the drawings of the ribs of the wing. I would also like to have one it copies of this plant in natural size 1:1.
Thank you
Paulo
Aug 16, 2006, 08:23 AM
INDORUS EXPARAMINTO
Thread OP
The wing is foam partially covered with balsa on the leading and trailing edges
The plans show the wings airfoil at the center section and at the wingtip. You will have to extrapolate the rest to make balsa ribs.

I added more plans on post # 14

Larry
Last edited by SPFD-E-FLYER; Aug 16, 2006 at 08:35 AM.
Nov 11, 2006, 12:02 PM

Sig Tri Star Kit

I have a Sig Tri Star kit, new in box. Looking to sell this and other kit(s) to gather enough scratch for the JR Voyager heli.

Any interest?

Thanks
Scott
Nov 11, 2006, 10:48 PM
INDORUS EXPARAMINTO
Thread OP
These are some photos for rocannon
Hope they help.

Larry
Nov 12, 2006, 11:29 AM
Sig's a neat company. I'm working on a STOL based on a Sig Senorita kit. I didn't want the kit but only the prints because of the heavy redesign. It's a lot eaiser to bash existing prints rather then start from scratch.

So I called them, talked to a very nice lady and the sold me the prints for about $14.00.

Drat, now I want to build a Tri Star canard. I saw one fly once and it was really a good flyer. Print's alow you to build to electric needs and get some weight out of a heavy kit.
Jan 19, 2007, 07:34 PM
TANSTAAFL
SPFD-E-FLYER,
don't remember if i told you... the pictures of the front gear with the flags and scale were of great help.

bent the front gear in 10 mins with the info you provided.

thanks much!

frank
Jan 27, 2007, 01:28 PM
Hi ya! Car ride!?
I just finished a repair and electric conversion of my Tri Star. Can't wait for warmer weather so I can try it out. My thread was: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619790
Oct 01, 2007, 01:40 PM

Tri-Star kit for sale

If anyone is still looking for one, I have one of the "improved" kits I would be willing to sell. Kit is in perfect shape. Just let me know.

Steve

Quick Reply