Aug 07, 2006, 01:44 PM
Yeah I want one, but by the time they get around to shipping in October I can't say that I'll still be as excited about it with the colder temperatures coming around that time. I'll probably wait till Thursday at the latest before cancelling both my Wal-Mart and Toys R Us orders...I emailed Walmart asking why my order never shipped on the 4th, depending on what they say will help me decide whether or not to just write this thing off until they hit the stores...
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2006, 01:44 PM
Just a quick note. We get bit by this in retail all the time. An advertiser is usually required to get ad copy in as much as 6 months early. They try to plan so that there is a little lead time for the product to build up demand. Sometimes these get to print too early and the retailer takes the blame for not having the product in.

Not that I want to support Walmart (can't stand them) but they are not the ones delaying you. Anyone that wants to cancel their order there can feel free to order from us in the future. We do know however, we will not have more until the beginning of October.
Aug 07, 2006, 01:47 PM
Snoop,

I do not know where you live, but float planes work better on snow than skis do.
Aug 07, 2006, 01:53 PM
The problem I have with the whole thing is that there are some people that have this already. It isn't a case of where the product isn't available yet, if it was then nobody would have them at all, except for maybe Mike and Ernest. Walmart has apparently received stock, just never shipped it, also that guys shop in Florida got some. What is the point in shipping out a couple units here and there? Makes no sense...
Aug 07, 2006, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eflyer1234
Snoop,

I do not know where you live, but float planes work better on snow than skis do.
LOL...I'm in Kansas...Just prefer warm weather RC'ing rather than the cold. Could be that I have never tried it, so I guess I should try this thing in the snow as well if I ever source on out...
Aug 07, 2006, 01:58 PM
Hey snoop, let us know what they tell you in the email when you get it. I'm still counting on the people at Walmart not knowing about the prerelease sale, and so as far as they can tell, the product will not be released until october. I think we all got those change in ship date notification emails along with everyone who ordered the SL after the prerelease ones were gone. Wishful thinking maybe. I'll wait until 8/16 to cancel.
Aug 07, 2006, 02:00 PM
I'll post whatever they reply back with as soon as I get it...
Aug 07, 2006, 02:00 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
Well, it makes sense if the object is to hype the SL and make everyone talk about it and want one. I'm not accusing anyone of doing this, but it's not just toys that get hyped before release.. Everything does.. I remember battling crowds and racing to ToysRus to get furbies when they came out.. The kids HAD to have them for X-mas you know. ToysRus would trickle them onto the shelves creating a mad panic for buyers.. Kawasaki introduced a new superbike this spring, the ZX-14.. The hype surrounding it's release was the most I've seen in a long time.
Aug 07, 2006, 02:39 PM
Foam Floats Better
Remember the Playstation 2 release? It was released in small quantity's at the stores early and there were people that camped out in front of the stores to get them. Then some turned around and resold them after they left the store at huge markups.
I remember showing up there at midnight to buy one cause thats when they were to go on sale , but Wallmart had already sold them all to the people that showed up early.
Aug 07, 2006, 03:08 PM
Foam Floats Better
I blame all this crap on information overload.
Everybody Emails everything to everybody and nobody actually does any real communication.

This forum is a Good example of peoples lack of ability to read and comprehend.. How many time have people asked a question that was clearly answered in a post or two before they asked the same stupid question again?
Or don't even come close to understanding what they read.

It's even worse in the corporate world , especially the retail business.
I always hated email cause people don't read them throughly if at all. I found it was always better to get answers face to face. but thats hardly possible anymore.

With Email, every body CC's every body on everything. So you might have to wade through endless emails, most of them are replies on top of replies that are constantly forwarded over and over. You have to wade to two or three pages to get to some part , if any , that has to do with you.

I know Target posted the wrong date a first by saying July 26. I think this was the date that spinmasters would be shipping to them, not them shipping to us. First mistake.
Then they over sold the quantity that they were alloted, so they ordered more and somebody at Spinmasters sent them more without permission (Thats what i heard anyway). Even though I had seen the Email that told said to have Target pull down the Sale date, they didn't for another week.

Wallmart posted the wrong date also. They posted the Date of the Official release and not the pre release. So , at first, they didn't get many orders. By the time they got there web guy to change the date, they had sold a few already, then sold a bunch more, probably also more than they were to receive. Plus I don't put it past walmart to hold on to few for them selves, I know this because my brother in-law is a super walmart manager.

And apparently, some were accidentally sent to the hobby shops like Eflyers shop. who said that he was not suppose to get any yet.

So some places received to many , some didn't receive there quoted amount.

They do exist, but no telling were or how many at this point.

So I wouldn't blame anybody in particular, just this "convenient" use of this super information highway, and peoples lack of reading and comprehension.
Aug 07, 2006, 03:10 PM
when will the sim be put up?
Aug 07, 2006, 03:37 PM
tic
tic
thunderscreech
what time is it?
Aug 07, 2006, 03:37 PM
Foam Floats Better
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockflyer12345
when will the sim be put up?
last week , I heard in another two or three weeks , but like everything else, thats?
Aug 07, 2006, 03:38 PM
Foam Floats Better
Quote:
Originally Posted by tic
what time is it?
Aug 07, 2006, 03:52 PM
Foam Floats Better
And if you think the retail market is screwed up, you should try doing UAV work for The military as a civilian, talk about lack of communication.

I can't tell you how many times we would show up at a base somewhere and nobody knew what was going on.

One time I showed up at a base by myself on a Friday. My security clearance had been sent by Email. The guy at the gate said that an email was not sufficient security clearance and that it had to be from a fax!
Of course the commander that gave the clearance was not available, since it was the beginning of the weekend , so i had to sit for a couple days while they tried to get a hold of him.

I could go on and on with the lack of military communications, hard to believe, from what I have seen in the 9 years I worked with them, that they can accomplish anything at all really.

Quick Reply