Jul 26, 2002, 07:08 AM
Thread OP

FanTastic F-86/MiG-15

Anyone out there flying these?
What kind of air time etc.?

Since I modified to elevons on my MiG and now have better control. I've had 20, 3-4 min. flights including loops (with dive speed) and rolls. Floats in for landings.
I do let the motor cool between flights.

This is now my favorite flyer...
Pete
to remove ads between posts
Jul 27, 2002, 07:14 PM
Cool idea,

Did you make changes to both F-86 and Mig?
Any pictures on how you did your conversion?
Jul 27, 2002, 09:56 PM
Thread OP
Hey Ductedfann,
I don't have the F-86 just the Mig...I love this thing! Flew 9 more perfect flights today... I had my girlfriend take some pic's. but I need to resize them. If I have time tomorrow I'll post them. Then I leave for 2 weeks to VT.
Check all my previous posts in the Jets forum I posted a bunch of flying pic's. and at least one of the moved elevator servo with my FMA micro elect mixer for the pull pull elevons.
It changed the CG a hair so I had to adjust I also used a depron foam (pie plate) and made the fixed tail smaller, more scale also bent a little tip wash out in the new tail. You might be able to see it in the pic's.
When I fixed my new tail I tilted it up a few clicks...After the first test flights I found this was necessary. These were minor easy tweeks that for me with my cheap TX (no adjustment for throws!)it made a world of difference in control.
This is now the coolest plane...
Note: I also did the cheater hole and moved the fan aft as far as possible.
I don't know how long the GWS EDF 50 will hold up as I've been running 8 cells as I said I let the motor cool down. I've gone through 2 motors on was bad the other I got some CA down the shaft in the field trying to put the fan blades back on so always place a few drops of CA on the blade hole then put on the motor prior to your 1st fligts this will keep it from coming off.
Pete
Jul 28, 2002, 01:39 PM
I'll look for the past post
Thanks
Jul 29, 2002, 11:54 AM
Thread OP

New MiG Pic's.

Here's some new FanTastic MiG-15 pic's.
Jul 29, 2002, 11:56 AM
Thread OP
Jul 29, 2002, 12:06 PM
Thread OP
Well 2 more and I'm on my way North to VT. on vacation.
Jul 29, 2002, 12:09 PM
Thread OP
Jul 29, 2002, 04:45 PM

Mig 15

Hello

I have just made my 6 th flight with my Mig 15 Fan-tastic, it flyes
great and I really like it a lot. I have 5 min with full throttle and 7 min with slower flying.
7 GP 370 NMH 7 gram /each " very good cells !!"
Schultze Alpha 435 Reciever , 7 gram and full range" The best you can get"
Schulze slim 05 be 10 amps, speedcontroler" The best you can get "
2 C 141 servos.

Total weight Mig =192 gram

You must try the new Schulze reciever, they are very cheap
and the best You can find, beets everything !!!

/Stefan
Jul 29, 2002, 06:36 PM
I have done a search, but can't find where to purchase these jets. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Jul 29, 2002, 08:56 PM
Fish & Fly
Todd-

You'll find them at www.Fan-tasticModels.com

Don't forget to look up the thread that discusses that performance boost from mounting the EDF-50 as far aft as possible.
Aug 06, 2002, 07:40 PM
We never commented on your great pics, Mtflyer. Well done, as always.

Stephan, it sounds like you are getting great performance and we are glad the MiG is working well for you. Too bad that cool Schulze RX is not available on the 72 mhz band we use in the US.

Also, we were at the RC Direct web site for Schulze products in the US, and they do not list the slim 05be speed control as something that they stock.

Does anyone else in the US stock the smallest Schulze ESCs?

Anyone else out there enjoying their little Sabre or MiG from us??
Aug 06, 2002, 11:42 PM
Hi,

@FantasticModels : I wrote you a email with some questions about a arangement for shipping one of your wonderfull Mig15
to europe. Hope you can answer me soon !

greetings from vienna

Rudi
Aug 07, 2002, 06:50 PM
Fish & Fly
Pete-

Here's a flight pic (if I can get it to post) of the Fan-Tastic F-86 that I just finished recently. Watch your six.

The empty battery tray on bottom is due to me flying it on a 7.2V lithium pack velcroed inside the very front of the nose (for correct CG--the EDF-50 is mounted as far back as possible).
Aug 07, 2002, 08:24 PM
R/C Enthusiast
I flew my F-86 for the first time this evening. WOW! what a great little plane. This is my first ducted fan model and I am very impressed with the little GWS EDF-50 fan unit. I'm running my F-86 on 7 cell 300 mah Nimh packs and using a GWS 2 amp ESC. The GWS esc's are also quite amazing. They are definately underated.

Quick Reply