Feb 23, 2017, 08:01 PM
Very cool. Hope you are sharing files when you are done...
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2017, 11:04 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
I hope I can get the control surfaces designed in fairly easy. What's cool about this technology is that you can do some nice hinges/pivots built in instead of messing with tape or stiff live hinges. My white wing uses carbon rods at each end rotating on center in bushings.
Feb 24, 2017, 12:27 AM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
Looks awesome!
Apr 22, 2017, 06:34 PM
Flight Club / Firmcore
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister
Was playing with the idea for a mubuvu for FPV wing racing, was going to be built for the worlds, so had to fit a 4S 5000 at a 40" span o get the endurance and ended up a bit guppyish. Planform got butchered a bit but it uses the M120/160 foils.
Me too, although I'm just going to try a 1300mah 3S on a 2212 2200kv motor for starters.

I tried to cut out a 38" version from some EPS last year and threw some draggy linkages in it (edit: I'm going to see what i can do to CAD up some Rotary drive adapters for thingiverse). I attached a picture with the wrong sweep angles set (oops). I've since split and rejoined and corrected all the other angles, but I've also added more chord evenly to the sections for a little better wing loading.

http://winglib.com/wing/mubuvu-a-forked-version

All of the FPV gear/camera will live in the under pod (not secured in the photo). Rx/servos and FrSky voltage divider lives in the wings. I don't expect this to go very fast, but if it works then I can justify cutting out a bigger/stronger one with better parts. Instead of laminating, I shelled it in Scotch Heavy Duty packing tape rated at 47lb. of tensile strength at 3mils. Also, the winglets are just placeholders, plz don't judge lol.

Hoping to maiden it in a month or two. I'll post more pictures when it's all done.
Last edited by jamesomega; May 25, 2017 at 04:42 PM.
Apr 26, 2017, 03:45 AM
Biber's site seems down.

Is there a mirror somewhere? Particularly of the m120/m160.dat files?
Apr 26, 2017, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatZilla
Biber's site seems down.

Is there a mirror somewhere? Particularly of the m120/m160.dat files?
Here are the airfoil coordinates. Just rename the files to .dat and they should be ok.

Mark
Apr 26, 2017, 01:41 PM
Thanks!
Oct 29, 2017, 02:47 PM
How about it Troy, any 3D printed Mubu progress?
Oct 30, 2017, 05:10 PM
Nope. I barely have enough time to keep my quads up and running with an occasional printed part here and there. A true 3D Printed airframe would require a master draftsman after having experience printing several of the 3D Lab Print airframe designs. I thought I could fake it with some of the crude mods I did with my original 3D Printed flying wing but the Mubu needs a lot of work to make it right.
Nov 02, 2017, 04:11 PM
Understandable. Would be awesome tho. I've also done a 3d lab print airframe. They put a lot of work into the design.
Nov 06, 2017, 02:09 AM
The drafting part isn't that hard.

It's actually the slicer that's the tricky part.

That, and the extreme sweep of the wing will require either a very large printer or some fairly advanced joining techniques.
Nov 06, 2017, 05:39 PM
This is a good example of the ideal modeling for making something with integral strength and important details.
Nov 07, 2017, 12:16 AM
http://3dlabprint.com/faq/
Nov 17, 2018, 01:43 PM
Any progress in the last year?
Dec 20, 2018, 12:15 AM
Flight Club / Firmcore
I dusted off my eps foam version recently. I printed some winglets for it but after some CG balance tests, I need to cut and shape a longer fuselage for it since the tolerances are really tight. At this point I just want to see if this thing will fly so i'm going to skip all the extra fpv weight.

Quick Reply