Feb 08, 2017, 12:29 PM
Needs to do 52 legs !!
Troy, yes there are some good design/designers out there such as that Easymax001.

I'm looking into doing a Hotliner.

I also have the Mubu2 as a cad drawing but it's so thin, I think it's not really printable.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2017, 02:25 PM
pnc
pnc
"".........
Last edited by pnc; Feb 24, 2017 at 06:59 PM.
Feb 12, 2017, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmouris
Troy, yes there are some good design/designers out there such as that Easymax001.

I'm looking into doing a Hotliner.

I also have the Mubu2 as a cad drawing but it's so thin, I think it's not really printable.
Can I get the CAD file from you?
Feb 12, 2017, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox
It's reminds me of THIS.Sorry ,I could not help it guys
Yuri
Not sure what you mean by this, care to clarify? Are you comparing the old cell to this(easymax001)?

https://cdn.thingiverse.com/renders/...w_featured.jpg
Feb 13, 2017, 03:30 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolya
Can I get the CAD file from you?
Yeah, what he said. Can you post or email the file, maybe load it on thingiverse to get some 3D modeling savvy folks have a go at it?
Feb 13, 2017, 11:26 PM
Needs to do 52 legs !!
Sorry but no, I made the drawings and my cad skills aren't the best.
Feb 14, 2017, 02:30 PM
No problem, not like I have the time currently to build one. I have 2 other 3D Printed airframes ready to maiden and have been waiting for the weather and my schedule to go for it.
Feb 15, 2017, 07:30 AM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
Was playing with the idea for a mubuvu for FPV wing racing, was going to be built for the worlds, so had to fit a 4S 5000 at a 40" span o get the endurance and ended up a bit guppyish. Planform got butchered a bit but it uses the M120/160 foils.
Feb 15, 2017, 04:24 PM
Quad Questions Team member
exact reason im interested in a mubu, through a nice light weight fpv setup on there with sufficient carbon clearance and boom sleek sexy fast fpv wing!
Feb 17, 2017, 11:37 PM
My new desk model. Thanks Chris (aka Jacko). This could go somewhere. ....
Printed in ABS at .35 scale.
Feb 18, 2017, 01:54 PM
Awesome. I want to print one.
Feb 18, 2017, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackosmeister
Was playing with the idea for a mubuvu for FPV wing racing, was going to be built for the worlds, so had to fit a 4S 5000 at a 40" span o get the endurance and ended up a bit guppyish. Planform got butchered a bit but it uses the M120/160 foils.
Please do.
Feb 23, 2017, 05:33 PM
3D Printed Mubu Getting bigger....

Yesterday I flew my first 100% 3D printed airframe. I have a Spitfire RTF I printed a year ago but haven't done the maiden with yet. Soon, very soon. I wanted to get my wing flying to see some of the potential issues before I rip up the sky with my Spit powered by an EF-1 drive system.

On my white flying wing, I need to space the motor back away from the trailing edge to stop that annoying Zagi sound and gain some efficiency at the prop, but all in all it flies very nice. This video was at the end of my maiden flight so only a short clip of 1/2 throttle passes.

100% 3D Printed RC Flying Wing! (0 min 56 sec)
Feb 23, 2017, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy
Yesterday I flew my first 100% 3D printed airframe.
What material are you printing it with?

Mark
Feb 23, 2017, 07:05 PM
PLA. I've tried PETG (a little too flexible, maybe good for a sloper) and ABS (warps too much in thin perimeters) so untill I try something new and exotic, PLA is the most reliable. And if the 3DLabPrint guys are only using PLA, it's still the material of choice. They do use PETG in some landing gear parts, though. It's good stuff for impact. I use it on several quadcopter frames and parts, myself.

Quick Reply