Sep 23, 2012, 09:20 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
Thank you my man Yuri! You know it's been a while since I have done a true scratch built composite wing and it's a lot of tedious work. Especially when it's the first one of a new design. I feel so rusty.

You might notice two things; 1st the servos I'm using are DS285s which are a little thicker than DS09s but I had two of them on hand. 2nd the servos are further back than ideal making them stick out a little more than desired but I have no choice because the carbon spar caps are just in front of the servo. Next time the spar caps would go forward to make room. The elevators I plan to run off of one servo in the middle notch area.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2012, 10:05 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Troy ,send me Your address and I will send You some servocovers back.
These are designed for top drive and would be ideal for Your application as they have a very light bulge from one side and slightly bigger from the other.
What colors would You like?
Yuri
Sep 24, 2012, 04:16 AM
the answer 42 is
hey Troy thanks a lot it looks really nice

regards

EZ
Sep 24, 2012, 04:23 AM
Needs brain lubrication
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy
the servos are further back than ideal making them stick out a little more than desired but I have no choice because the carbon spar caps are just in front of the servo. Next time the spar caps would go forward to make room.
That's what let me put the sparcaps on mine in a line with the LE at tip and centre. It even makes some sense from the structure mechanics point of view.

However, as I understand this is just a simple build to try things out and to test the flying, without putting too much work and money at risk.
And for that it seems to be quite perfect.

biber
Dec 06, 2012, 09:19 AM
Any progress on this Troy? Also, out of curiosity, where are the plugs now?
Dec 07, 2012, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy
Some progress today cutting out the ailerons and elevators. Control surfaces feel pretty stiff in torsion but I will know more when I hook up servo linkage.
Does this mean you now have a diaper changing nanny? I want to see a picture (of the nanny).

Nice work as usual...you rock.

E
Dec 07, 2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epwierman
Does this mean you now have a diaper changing nanny? I want to see a picture (of the nanny).

Nice work as usual...you rock.

E
It would be finished if I had a nanny. Though, it is close to flying once I finish up installing the servos and linkage. I've been a bit preoccupied at home...
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Christmas Lights (Adeste Fideles) (4 min 27 sec)

(BTW, the plugs are with Mark Triebes. Not sure if he has pulled a mold yet.)
Mar 27, 2013, 10:17 AM
I have talked to Juzwuz here on the forums, and should be getting templates cnc cut for hotwiring cores. If I can get this cut good, I MAY be selling(cheapish)foam cores cut. Depends on shipping, and finding a better source of foam, and if I can get them cut good enough quality. I refuse to let this wing die.
Mar 27, 2013, 01:46 PM
This wing won't die! I plan to do small production of it second half of this Year.
What is going on with molds?
Seba
Apr 15, 2013, 04:55 PM
CNC cut templates are here. Cut by Justin Lan

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1016734
May 04, 2013, 10:19 AM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Been following this thread for a long time. Just made a micro version, using the planform from here. Wicked fast little monster.

-Adam
Latest blog entry: Stol f-16
May 05, 2013, 07:31 PM
no video? Would love to see one.
May 06, 2013, 07:05 PM
Cool mini Mubu. I made some winglets for mine and it'll be shown off at the SAMPE composites show this week.
May 07, 2013, 03:19 PM
Aircraft Designer Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoolya
no video? Would love to see one.
Micro Mubu (1 min 11 sec)

quick little bugger
Latest blog entry: Stol f-16
May 07, 2013, 03:55 PM
Can someone (like YURI) please hurry and produce these ons small-medium production scale! I seriously want a MuBu. Especially with winglets like Troy!

Quick Reply