Tailless F5D Limited? Multibumm! - Page 51 - RC Groups
Jul 03, 2012, 09:53 PM
I really want one of these!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2012, 07:54 AM
the answer 42 is

Fisrt motors

Hey biber and Paul

I was checking the thread again, and I was looking for the motors you were using on the first prototypes.

You mention somewhere about a Towerpro BM motor, but I was wondering which power combinations gave the best results for you.

EZ
Back into building mode,
Jul 07, 2012, 01:12 PM
We never optimised! The motor was from friend after he disassembled his crashed plane. We put it at the back, fitted the 7x10 and cut the tips... that's it
Jul 07, 2012, 03:55 PM
the answer 42 is
OK I have a similar motor laying around I will see how it goes

EZ
Jul 08, 2012, 02:55 PM
Well I took some time off to finish a big project but now it is MUBU time until it either flies or doesn't. The plugs as far as I know have been passed along and will probably be going back across the ocean soon.

I test ran the motor and prop combo with the extension and all worked well, smooth as silk!

I have been keeping in touch with Paul S and Biber and will continue to use there advise on there baby.
Jul 09, 2012, 02:22 AM
the answer 42 is
D that looks sleek, almost "klingonian" I should put some projects down before I start with mine. I will build it vacuum bagged and a simple positive mold for the fuse. I still have to decide if I want it pusher or tractor, but time will tell.

EZ
Jul 09, 2012, 05:55 AM
Dave,
Would you mind describing your drive extension a little more please?

Is the coupling a flexible?

How did you attach the prop driver to the shaft? A simple collet arrangement maybe?

Thanks
Peter
Jul 09, 2012, 04:31 PM
Speed King
D english,
have you experienced vibration from using the shaft?. many moons ago my dad made a delta plane that flew well but the shaft extension use to suffer from vibration no mater how good the bearings & balancing were.
Jul 09, 2012, 05:05 PM
Mark, No it was smooth and quiet. I put a dial indicator on several spots on the shaft and beyond the outboard bearing and could only get about a thousandth or two of wobble no matter where I put it. The coupler is VERY precise and needs to be heated up to slip on the shaft. The total added weight is under 30 grams and adds one bearing. Remember these large props dont turn the RPM of the smaller ones. The prop measures 12/25....Cant wait to try it in the air, will probably take it to San Diego with Troy and Travis Flynn
Jul 09, 2012, 06:52 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
Did you guys see this!?
http://www.rc-network.de/forum/attac...1&d=1340728913
Jul 09, 2012, 07:44 PM
Very Nice!

I cant tell you how many PMs I got and how many times someone said, ohh don't even try that it will never work. If nobody tries anything nothing will advance and most of the people that say it won't work have never actually tried to do it.

This will be the last post I do until after it either works or doesn't but either way it will actually be tried.

DE
Jul 10, 2012, 05:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.English
... it is MUBU time until it either flies or doesn't. ...
it will without question
the big question i have, is it possible to manage the setup with CG and winglets to the point where you gain an decent advantage.
Jul 10, 2012, 07:09 AM
Needs to do 52 legs !!
It will work.

Aug 03, 2012, 03:45 PM
I think it is time to make one fly. C.G. works out well and would be even better with lighter motor but I can make it tail heavy and nose heavy with this set up.

I got some nice carbon all ready to go into the molds and will start with a low power set up, should be flying in a few weeks.
Aug 03, 2012, 03:56 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy
Now I know WHAT I AM GOING TO MAKE NEXT !!!!!!!
Thanx Troy.
Yuri.