52 legs done, 53 next.
I still wonna see a SAL of this wing!

to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2011, 07:21 AM
Needs brain lubrication
Thread OP
I got to open the molds yesterday.
Of course i already dinged the surface.
It is 220 g including servo wires (excluding servos).

Feels stiff enough in torsion and bending, for me.
I'm confident it will be free of flutter for the intended specs of about 700 g and 230 km/h.

biber
Jul 23, 2011, 09:45 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Wow Biber!!!
Nice looking wing.
....where is my mold plugs??????
Yuri.
Jan 01, 2012, 08:36 PM
Speed King
Thought I would reserect this thread.

Where are the mould plugs now & when are they coming back to europe?.
Jan 01, 2012, 09:45 PM
Mark Triebes
Don't forget I still want some time with the plugs before they head back across the pond ...

Mark
Jun 02, 2012, 04:57 AM
Needs brain lubrication
Thread OP
What's the current status of the set of plugs, anyway?
Can they be forwarded to the next one interested?
Troy, Dave, Yuri, anyone?

biber
Jun 02, 2012, 10:59 AM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
I have the plugs still. I have been trying to find someone to take them for a while but everybody said they were too busy. Mark T., if you want a shot at them lets get something set up. Then I have a feeling they will go back over. Yuri originally wanted to make some molds but he's been too busy. I want to get these off to the next guy. Dave English and I had good progress on our end but Dave had another large project to finish and I have been short on time for building.
Jun 02, 2012, 04:59 PM
Needs brain lubrication
Thread OP
I see, it's not been forgotten, just too much things to do.
I can understand that, been there, done that.

Dave just sent an email today with pics of his other project and it looks like it's absolutely worth the effort.

biber
Jun 02, 2012, 06:03 PM
Mark Triebes
Troy ... what are the chances of shipping the plugs up here to NorCal? We will probably make it down south sometime this summer, but I'm not sure when.

Mark
Jun 07, 2012, 01:52 PM
Speed King
I’m still waiting; I was first in the queue but kindly let the plugs go to the states for return to Germany via the UK (me). 18 months have passed & still no return or response to my posts on when they will be heading back. The funny thing is all this time with the plugs & I’ve not seen one moulded wing flying or reports of one flying?!. Next time I won’t pass of an opportunity to help others out.

Rant over
Jun 07, 2012, 02:31 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
Well Mark, I didn't see your earlier post until just recently so sorry that went unanswered. I understand your regret. I thought once we made molds people would be jumping to get the next shot at it and it would move but folks had the same lack of time. So, the plugs are cleaned, waxed, and waiting for a courier to swing by my work tomorrow and they are off to Mark Triebes. From that point you should be next if Yuri isn't going to get on the short list. You are right, though. Don't wait on an opportunity if you get first shot at it.
Jun 07, 2012, 03:07 PM
And get your wallet out... it isn't cheap to ship those jewels!

I will have a full F5D version flying in August, will post some pics if successful or even if it isn't.

I look forward to your progress

Answer to rant over.

DE
Jun 07, 2012, 03:14 PM
Speed King
Apreciate your response Troy, If you can gee people up your end that would be apreciated.

Did you ever fly your blue & white wing or did it not get in the air?

Im not paying for shipping USA to UK. Remember I was due to have this first & was only paying for Germany to UK & back to Germany. When you guys asked to have the plugs The agreement was you would return to me in Uk & I will ship to Germany.
Last edited by MarkChinery; Jun 07, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
Jun 08, 2012, 03:38 AM
52 legs done, 53 next.
Mark, i am also still interrested in pulling some simple molds of these plugs but certainly i didn't want to be the first to do so since i don't think it's that important to me with it being an F5D size model and my passion is F5B. That said, i do value the design of this model and would like to fly it in person. So, if you do get it over here in the UK and you have had your play with it. I would like to then have a go.
Jun 08, 2012, 07:54 PM
Pile-it
Met with Troy today and picked up the plugs. They are on their way to northern California next. I'll be back from vacation next week and will me hooking up with MarcusT to deliver them.

Cheers
Red

Quick Reply