Jonathan Livingston Seagull
May 12, 2011, 09:09 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
Yep, a whole flock of them. Thanks!
May 13, 2011, 04:50 PM
Needs brain lubrication
Thread OP
Troy, I love the look of your demo.
Amazing work, considering the short time.

Talking about the south of france, that's pretty much where I am right now.
Working for money where you'd rather vacation.
Yesterday the french tax payer spent some money for a sonic boom made by their airforce.
Something you never get to hear in Germany.
Vive la France!

biber
May 13, 2011, 06:25 PM
hot air rises...
I was just lamenting the fact that my kids do not know what a sonic boom sounds like since we never hear them anymore. When I was a kid it was a weekly (or so) occurrence. I miss that double boom
May 13, 2011, 06:45 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
I'm going to a trade show where there are a bunch of cool 3D Printers and the incredible parts that they make so I wanted to compete with something hand made and equally cool. In fact, I saw Patrick from Castle Creations 2 years ago when he was looking for a 3D printer. Check my blog for some of the examples of parts from shows past. Since we make raw materials and not parts, I have to be creative in coming up with attention getting examples of materials. A sample key ring of cured material chips doesn't do the same as a Mubu built with our stuff.

The next pics I post will be my flight test-bed airframe....
May 14, 2011, 07:48 AM
Troy so are you and D.E. Pulling these Models from the same mold, or do you have a mold also???
May 14, 2011, 08:11 AM
We both have a set, Speeds up trying stuff by two.

Dave I am on my way to whittier see you in a couple of hours!

D.E.
May 14, 2011, 06:50 PM
Roughed in pod, smooth for mold next.
May 30, 2011, 01:38 PM
Progress a little slow on mubu at the moment. Made some quick winglets that I will smooth and make some quick molds of so we can get to the point where we can see if a tractor config will work. Troy is working on a glider to get some radio set ups worked out. I included a couple of pics of pod compaired to one of Troys F5D fuselage.

The other pics are of a Q40 that I built for myself to race in the Fred Burgdorf Tribute race at Sepulveda Basin in a few weeks. (that is why progress is slow) Those that dont know Fred lost his battle with cancer about a year ago. He was the owner of APC props and was a huge support of pylon racing in the U.S. All of the airplanes of his that I ever saw were black. I used mostly black for Fred.

D.E.
May 30, 2011, 02:18 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Like them all,especially the sky
Yuri.
May 31, 2011, 04:07 AM
The tractor will work! Its just the question how you can play with the CG and how tight it will turn. But in my optinion the turns shouldn´t be so hard because of a smooth and precise flying style. And as wider the turns become, as bigger should be the little advantage of the Mubu. So I´m confident. By the way you are crazy doing molds just for trying But its looking very nice.

Very sad to hear that about Fred. Was he also the designer of this huge collection of props?

Paul

Quick Reply