Jul 24, 2007, 08:39 AM
Hello Biber,

Your new design looks like something from the future... more than nice. Really fresh and fast... Cant wait to see it flying in the FAI class...

I am currently working on the Multibumm1 and hope to get that airborn before the end of the season... Do you have info somewhere about the CG and how the trows should be setup... Francois told me that is was quite special. (Down for up and up for down)

Best regards and a lot of succes,
Daan
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2007, 08:59 AM
Needs brain lubrication
Thread OP
Hi Daan,

I'll explain the details later today (well, maybe tonight).
Especially for the CG, it is important to get it right.

biber, having to go to work now
Jul 24, 2007, 12:05 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
Looks great, Biber! I was hoping you didn't stop work on this design.
Jul 24, 2007, 03:15 PM
I plan to take over world
I like the idea of Jibe builders making also Multibumm! Assumed the plane is flying fast and nice added with the build quality of Jibe, it would sell. I think many including me are looking for speed thrills with little less ordinary planes for a change.
Jul 24, 2007, 05:00 PM
I certainly will get one when it become available
Jul 24, 2007, 05:24 PM
Needs brain lubrication
Thread OP
Well, at this state we are talking about hens laying eggs and it's still some breeding to do.
I'm sure some people on this board might be interested, but I'm not sure about the number, 20 perhaps?
Just a guess.
And I don't even have a slight idea, what it might cost to produce.
The quality you are used to, knowing Francois' Jibes, is beyond our limits, I feel.
Nor are we (that's Tom, Paul and I) able to make competitive prices, whatever that may be (again just a guess).
On the other hand, of course, we do want to see some of our breed flying over this planet , yessss.

Hm, Daan I haven't forgotten your info, but have to sleep now.
I have to do that tomorrow.
Will have to make a sketch of it, to explain that CG measuring stuff.

biber
Jul 24, 2007, 05:56 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
I see the airfoils and planform were posted so a sloper would be in order!
Last edited by Troy; Jul 25, 2007 at 10:57 AM.
Jul 24, 2007, 07:06 PM
Im interested in getting one too....if the price is right
Jul 25, 2007, 12:17 AM
Don't worry, relax, sit back ... and don't forget to "test"-fly your proto's from time to time. I still have a long way to go before setting up the CG, one step will be making the special servo linkages...

Have fun,
Daan

Quote:
Originally Posted by biber
Hm, Daan I haven't forgotten your info, but have to sleep now.
I have to do that tomorrow.
Will have to make a sketch of it, to explain that CG measuring stuff.

biber
Jul 25, 2007, 01:01 AM
Biber - Very interesting project you got going there...looks great and most importantly...LOOK FAST!! Sorry to seem over anxious...but any preliminary fingures on pricing yet? Since you are competing with the tailed ones in F5D limited, I'm assuming around EU$300?
Jul 25, 2007, 03:38 AM
Needs brain lubrication
Thread OP
I don't know if the Mubu II could compete with the tailed ones price wise.
Speed wise it should very well be competitive and the looks will be on it's side all the time.
However, I encourage anybody who'd like to build one hinself, to do so.
The needed data is no secrets.
For the Multibumm I, there is already a sketch with all important measures
posted in this thread, and we can say that it's tested.
The Mubu II has yet to be tested, but if somebody wants to build one, anyway, I wouldn't mind.

Now, Daan, I've found some pictures that will help to show our approach of setting up a wings CG.
We have done it that way, because otherwise slight differences in the wing's sweep angle,
would have a huge impact on the NP's (and thus to the CG ones) location relative to the wing center and fusepod.
It's hard to make sure the sweep angle doesn't differ even slightly, when putting the wing halfs together.
This CG method will work properly, though.

biber
Jul 26, 2007, 01:05 PM
Hi Biber,
You have to finish the project (fully molded hollow wing). I believe there will be many people around the world wanting to buy it from you once it becomes available. Keep it up, try to finish it before the end of 2007. Regards
Jul 26, 2007, 02:37 PM
I agree, it's a very nice design that if priced correctly, could sell quite well. Donít limit yourself to F5D though; it looks like it would be a very nice slope racer as well! I'm going to keep my eye on this thread, that is for sure.

By the way Biber, are you taking e-mail address for a contact list when the Mubu is done, tested and ready for sale?
Jul 26, 2007, 03:44 PM
Go to page #1 click on his BLOG. You can find all the info there
Jul 26, 2007, 05:23 PM
Needs brain lubrication
Thread OP
Well, the idea to adapt it as a sloper is not quite a new one.
We will certainly give it a try one day, if we see it might be sensible.
But this wing is clearly optimised for F5D use and the related Reynolds numbers.
From my flight experience with the old Multibumm, I'm quite sure the old one wouldn't be the perfect sloper,
due to Reynolds issues and the style of slope flying different from e-powered pylon.
It would be better to adapt the Mubu design philosophy rather to the slope and make a new design.

biber

And now to the next small batch of pics, the current Mubu II premold status quo official update:

Quick Reply