Nov 30, 2008, 04:53 PM
Needs brain lubrication
Thread OP
That's awsome, Yuri!
Looks very clean!

biber
Nov 30, 2008, 09:55 PM
hot air rises...
Yuri, very nice looking cores! Will they bag up just like any other wing or do you need to do something magic to the mylars?
Nov 30, 2008, 10:22 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfinch
Yuri, very nice looking cores! Will they bag up just like any other wing or do you need to do something magic to the mylars?
Cores are still very raw,but I will work on templates more,just wanted to see how it will look without doing the mold.
I might will bag them without mylars,I have some experience "how to" and just paint them after.Bit heavier then paint on mylars but for only one wing will be O.K.Will jump on it closer to Christmas,have to finish other projects.
Yuri.
Nov 30, 2008, 11:07 PM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmouris
Troy, changing the angle between inner wing and outer wing during the turn will not help either. In one direction it would help to create a higher pitch up moment but at the same time decrease the amount of lift produced by the outer wing half. Move things the other way and you end up with needing more elevator to counter the pitch down moment. No, not the solution i am looking for.
That's exactly what the inner elevators do... Creates asymmetric lift along the wing. But whatever it does it works as seen in Biber's vids. The Mubu is a complicated planform, we'll leave it at that. Give and take across the airframe. Having built my first one I wanted to do another. Yuri is taking the lead.
Nov 30, 2008, 11:57 PM
The Kid
I too have cores on the way just in time for christmas break!! I don't think they'll look as nice as yuris cores.

Yuri, how did you get them to be one piece?

Mine are going to have a rod top and bottom, 15lb blue foam, and sheeted with 1/32 or maybe 1/16 balsa, depending on if i have enough 1/32. Should be fun!
Dec 01, 2008, 09:01 AM
Cumulus Altimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekid3418
I too have cores on the way just in time for christmas break!! I don't think they'll look as nice as yuris cores.

Yuri, how did you get them to be one piece?

Mine are going to have a rod top and bottom, 15lb blue foam, and sheeted with 1/32 or maybe 1/16 balsa, depending on if i have enough 1/32. Should be fun!
and who is cuting cores for you????
ben
Dec 01, 2008, 11:03 AM
52 legs done, 53 next.
Troy, exactly.

What ever you do to increase lift on the inner half is good both in terms of lift and pitch up for the turn.

Almost what ever you do on the outer wing halves to increase lift will also create an unwanted pitch down moment.

This is what i have been going on about in my posts. A little complicated but not that hard to understand.
Dec 01, 2008, 11:21 AM
One Idiot is plenty...
Just a teaser

It is a 6 section wing,they are not together yet.Now I have to think how to make this "thick" wing not to flex.At least flex as less as possible.
On my experience,wing flex kills a sharp turn first of all.
Yuri.
Dec 01, 2008, 11:30 AM
The Kid
I see now that it is three pieces. Yours looks very much like the Mubu II, as apposed to the original, i like it!

My cores are coming from a buddy of mine who cuts my combat wing cores and my speed wing cores. If they turn out well i'd be willing to give you his email so you could contact him about cutting you a set, if you are interested.
Dec 01, 2008, 04:06 PM
Cumulus Altimus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekid3418
I see now that it is three pieces. Yours looks very much like the Mubu II, as apposed to the original, i like it!

My cores are coming from a buddy of mine who cuts my combat wing cores and my speed wing cores. If they turn out well i'd be willing to give you his email so you could contact him about cutting you a set, if you are interested.
THANKS BUD,,,,
yuri how about baging it in 2 dif section with carbon...then the 2 panels will be joined by 2 carbon or titan rod....BTW awsom job
ben
Dec 01, 2008, 05:54 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBEN
THANKS BUD,,,,
yuri how about baging it in 2 dif section with carbon...then the 2 panels will be joined by 2 carbon or titan rod....BTW awsom job
ben
Yea,I was going to do something like that.
But afraid I have to go totally different and build the whole wing around the carbon spars.Otherwise I still dont see a way to make wing stiff enough.
Ben,I can cut You a bucket of cores,free,but first I have to make sure they are good .
Yuri.
Dec 01, 2008, 07:30 PM
Yuri, what foil and do you use CNC cutter or hand made templates? Looks good. I have templates to cut new cores but I may change foil.
Dec 01, 2008, 07:35 PM
Needs brain lubrication
Thread OP
If anybody is interested in the actual Mubu II airfoils, I will post them, or I'll put them on webspace (doesn't need to much of that) and link it.

biber
Dec 01, 2008, 07:40 PM
Sure, I used your Mubu 1 foils for the Beach Bumm.

Quick Reply