2.5kg C-17 foamy, No prob!!
G'day RicoJ,
How's the plans coming along?
Looking forward to your next post..
PEZ
Jul 11, 2006, 06:18 AM
www.ricoj.rchomepage.com
Hey PEZ,

Been busy, and with the holidays in sight not much progress. I've been fighting with the wing to get it as a sheet metal part, so I can create a flattened outline. Still won't work if I make a round on the wingtip. Don't know why... Will probably be a while before I get some news on this. Hoping on an evening with little wind for this:

Jul 11, 2006, 10:17 PM
Crash Master
Rico, you'll love the float flying... Check out my BluCub2 thread for some video and notes... Also the tail end of the BluBeagle thread is where I learned a lot from Viking60.

I really enjoy the float flying off the pond down the street!
Jul 12, 2006, 11:47 AM
www.ricoj.rchomepage.com
Okay... so these are the pre-pre-pre-pre editions of what will be the drawings for the RJ Airlines P51D
Anyone feel like rushing out their knive and do some depron cutting
Have to build 2 websites and redesign the 3rd so probably not much time to continue this project. and also have to go on vacation
Gene: nice cub, do you have problems with the "waves"? I get about 8 cm's here and seemed like a lot for this bird.

RJ.

<<edit: removed file, scaling is off>>
Last edited by RicoJ; Jul 13, 2006 at 06:29 AM.
Jul 12, 2006, 12:34 PM
Crash Master
8cm? Wow, just punch it at the crest and get out of there I don't know how you'd land?
Jul 12, 2006, 03:31 PM
www.ricoj.rchomepage.com
well... I put the nose in the water once, dunno if you'd call that a landing
I do know that the ESC didn't enjoy it. Was a once in a lifetime experience for him
So that's why I'm waiting for the wind to calm down...
Jul 13, 2006, 05:08 AM
WOW I will have build this on the sly as my wife has limited me to one plane every 6 months and i have three sitting on my work bench waiting to be finished... But one more will not hurt..... You said that you wanted the wing span to be 90cm but i just printed off the wing to check the scale and it measures about 31cm times but two 62cm? Is it ment to be 90cm?
I might have to up scale my printing?
But these plans a great...
Thanks
PEZ
Jul 13, 2006, 06:26 AM
www.ricoj.rchomepage.com
Hey PEZ,

Just printed them myself, looks a bit small. Will check later on... On the drawing in solid edge it is good.

todo: add scale on drawing...
Jul 13, 2006, 06:36 AM
The Rave.
Adapted from Roberta Flack's "Killing me softly with His Song"

Skimming these threads with my fingers,
looking so hard for a plan,

Killing me softly with this plan,
Killing me slowly with this wait....
killing me surely......

RicoJ, my profile P-51 adaptation is only temporarily keeping me sane, while I can do nothing but wait for a simple plan for a full-fuse P-51 like what you came up with here... thanks for your efforts.... I've searched google for 3D CAD programs... but seems the free ones can't do much of importing from 3-views...
Jul 13, 2006, 07:11 AM
www.ricoj.rchomepage.com
PEZ, printed an A1 format on an A2 -> .74 scaling .74 * 45 = 32 cm's!
should make a nice IPS indoor flyer though

checked and checked again, it's not easy:
Solid edge:
- print to pdf printer @ 72 dpi on A1!
Photoshop:
- open pdf (and keep the 72 dpi in mind )
- slice up pdf (adjust some positions of the parts)
- save slices as images
- batch the images to a pdf again....
- print and check

MicroHeli-Nut: import is not the right word, they are just pasted as a sketch. But hey, it works! Just remember that no living soul has built this baby yet...

Anyway... Here is the right pre-pre-pre-release with an overview!
Jul 13, 2006, 08:41 AM
The Rave.
" No living Soul has built this baby yet "

*faints . . . . .
Jul 18, 2006, 05:30 AM
www.ricoj.rchomepage.com
Nose will be sanded from 20 mm XPS sheet:

Took me quite some time to get something this simple in CAD
Jul 18, 2006, 06:56 AM
I printed your plans today and measured the total wing span at 85cm is that what you have? I have to go interstate for three weeks and i will start my build when i get back. It look so good. And the nose piece will be easy to adapt to any motor setup...
Thanks
PEZ
Jul 18, 2006, 07:16 AM
www.ricoj.rchomepage.com
mmm... should be 90 cm... Just measured in photoshop: 44.96cm for one wing. Will measure it on the prints when I get home. the bounding box of every page should be 17.5 x 25 cm. Maybe you could check that? "see" you in three weeks!

Richard.