Apr 18, 2018, 07:41 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Thread OP
Or if you wanted , here’s the Universal Fuselage ...
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2018, 09:24 AM
old foamie
I all ways liked your albatros d-8 . You could d-8 any of the ww-1 planes as a what- if version . The uni-fuse was another great idea, there where a few planes that came from it, and there where a few morphed from the parkflyer pete, if i remember, the piper pawnee comes to mind first. Do you still have the d-8 albatros yet?
Apr 18, 2018, 11:50 AM
Scratch building addict
Wow I am also interested in that albatros, always been one of my fav planes...plan?
Apr 19, 2018, 06:49 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
We originally did the Universal Fuselage as an easy to pop together fuselage you could use a number of ways … We sent our drawings to Hippo , he created his own drawing and claimed it as HIS design ..
Apr 19, 2018, 07:28 AM
old foamie
Here is the file for the albatros, I had posted it on the WW-1 forums for the call for more foamie planes ,along with the simple fokker and some others.
Apr 19, 2018, 02:09 PM
Scratch building addict
thx old foamie! downloaded.
Apr 20, 2018, 05:33 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
Thanks OF … I may need to re scan the plans as the wing mount seems incomplete … All my fault ,being too cheap to go get a proper Large scan …
Apr 20, 2018, 08:16 PM
old foamie
Thats ok, you can update if you want, and bring it out as the Albatross 2.0 . , whadda u think?
Apr 21, 2018, 07:00 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
OF, we dug into the archives all day looking for the ALB . plans … Nothing !!! We’ll keep looking … ( too much stuff in too many places )
Basically I was worried about the missing lines in the wing mount area , but most of the old scans show just a minor gap … maybe it’s not a big deal , but I always worry about a beginner builder who is not aware of the obvious solutions ...
Apr 21, 2018, 03:50 PM
I had this for your Albatross
Apr 21, 2018, 04:38 PM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
Haus, that’s certainly Visible …. and Cool !!!
Apr 21, 2018, 06:05 PM
Yup, but is it not your original plan?
Apr 22, 2018, 02:19 PM
old foamie
I say ,thats a sharp paint scheme on that albatros, you have pictures of completed plane? Is there anything about the albatros or simple fokker that you would any different now , after all these years GPW?
Apr 22, 2018, 07:29 PM
I don't - I never built the Albatross.
Apr 23, 2018, 06:22 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
Make them Bigger … Big Profile planes fly Great !!! More like the real thing … ( Big Bird, Little Bird effect )

Quick Reply