Jul 17, 2006, 10:38 AM
I will see what we can do about the plans getting released. Maybe Gene can convert them to PDF or something. These plans took a little to draw up so I would take paypal donations of $5 to aeropylot@aol.com. But not neccessary to get the plans. The biggest payback is to see posts of completed planes and especially pictures of a couple friends flying after each other.

Here is the page for the Sop Tripe

Here is a link to the Camel
to remove ads between posts
Jul 18, 2006, 06:51 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Pylot ... That's a great idea!!! and reasonable !!! And I see we're on the same page constructionwise.... Another example of great minds thinking alike , or the existence of the "Universal Conciousness"...

Seeing these guys have FUN is it's own reward , but it provides nothing with your ice water in the evening!!!
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Jul 18, 2006, 01:09 PM
The Fokker looks great - another guy at my club and I are thinking of making it the next build. One question though, is anyone running brushed motors on theirs and if so , which motor/prop combo would you recommend?
Jul 18, 2006, 02:31 PM
Had a couple hours this afternoon so cut out the Fokker DVII, painted it with 50-50 acrylic & water, made some iron cross "decals" on the printer and glued them on and hinged the ailerons and elevators. Here is a pic of the progress.

Garry
Jul 18, 2006, 07:21 PM
Foam Wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB57
Had a couple hours this afternoon so cut out the Fokker DVII, painted it with 50-50 acrylic & water, made some iron cross "decals" on the printer and glued them on and hinged the ailerons and elevators. Here is a pic of the progress.

Garry
Very nice looking Garry, that's almost exactly what I had in mind, if I can ever get to it.

Nice job!

Ron
Jul 18, 2006, 07:37 PM
Very Nice!! Should be a great looking plane all built up!

Do you use flat plate wings? Also is there only one layer as fuselage?
Jul 19, 2006, 06:33 AM
gpw
gpw
Kdah ... a geared j250/10x4/2slipos(GWS Cgears) or 300 (350) should work fine allthough slightly heavier than a cd motor ......This Fokker would probably fly on an ips motor ...???
GB57... NICE!!!!!!Good Flying !!!!!
Pylot...I don't know about GB 's but here...
1. Yes !!!Flat airfoils
2. Yes, one layer fuse with a long skewer down one or both sides for strength ... currently using fireworks Bamboo sticks (big sparklers) Free!!! but only available bi-annually ..
Jul 19, 2006, 08:01 AM
I am using the flat wings and single fuselage. Will add a skewer after I place the servos and then dap a little diluted paint over them.

Garry
Jul 19, 2006, 08:37 AM

Material Thickness?

Hey guys what thickness foam/depron are you using for this build. Depron is only cheap in the UK if you buy direct in bulk. 3mm and 6mm are the norm here. I have not seen some of the other types of foam listed in the threads here in Britian.

Cheers
Last edited by plane_spotter; Jul 19, 2006 at 08:38 AM. Reason: spelling error!!!
Jul 19, 2006, 09:27 AM
You deserve my opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropylot
I will see what we can do about the plans getting released. Maybe Gene can convert them to PDF or something. These plans took a little to draw up so I would take paypal donations of $5 to aeropylot@aol.com. But not neccessary to get the plans. The biggest payback is to see posts of completed planes and especially pictures of a couple friends flying after each other.

Here is the page for the Sop Tripe

Here is a link to the Camel
This sounds great to me. Hope we can get the plans into a pdf. Thanks!
Jul 19, 2006, 10:19 AM
I have mine drawn up as a three layer Fuse and Curved wings. We came across a really simple way to put an airfoil into depron. After a couple tries it is second nature.
Jul 20, 2006, 06:39 AM
gpw
gpw
Pylot .... Time to start your own thread Dude .... with the layering and airfoiling , we are getting away from the simple nature of the title plane and adding alot of weight and complexity, while changing the flying characteristics ... good or bad ... You need to do the promoting on a new thread ... all yours!!!!!!!!!! ...
I've put alot of time and energy into the design of this plane , and would like to be able to fully explain my intentions before having the readers led astray by good intentions.... OK ??? This plane flies Fine as intended and is the result of changes and improvements , not the basis.... as suggested...
I may be a little touchy on this , but I recieve absolutely no compensation for any of my efforts , and so the time I give is valuable to me ............and I'm a crabby old fart ....
Jul 20, 2006, 07:21 AM
"............and I'm a crabby old fart ...."

me too, gpw.

and i think a new thread is a helluva good idea. that way we can keep the original design going, and there would be a companion thread for design changes.
Jul 20, 2006, 07:51 AM
gpw
gpw
Ron , Pylot has so many designs available .....I was just trying to build the simplest of offerings with a Fokker appearance... that would fly moderate 3D maneuvers without the complexity /WORK of regular 3D standard offerings (don't they all basically seem related) ...This is a specialized plane , not really scale , not really 3D ....Pylot has a much better selection for those who are more into the scale outlines...and flying qualities .... I can't wait to see what' he's got !!!!! Cool !!!
Jul 20, 2006, 08:23 AM
You deserve my opinion
Aeropylot, I'll have to agree on the new threat idea. If you can get the designs into pdf, I can't imagine that these planes wouldn't require a new thread to handle the interest. To leave them here kind of "buries" them. You deserve more exposure. I'd hope that no one would have any heartburn over the $5 contribution. Just my noobie 2 cents worth. Thanks. Pat

Quick Reply