Simple Fokker - Page 3 - RC Groups
Jul 08, 2006, 12:26 PM
Downloaded the plans and rescaled them to 8.5 inches wide and printed them. Looks to be 32" wingspan on the upper wing. Is this the correct size?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 09, 2006, 06:02 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
GB57 ... Yes !!! That will work just fine !!!! let us know how you do with this .... we Love da' pics too
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Jul 10, 2006, 09:33 AM
I now have the patterns all set for construction. Waiting on a GWS 2205-15 outrunner to arrive. It will be a while unless it rains as our grandson (9) is here with us for three weeks and we will be camping and teaching him to fly RC. I built a BirdDog from plans here (added 3" to wingspan) and powered it with a GWS IPS system from a J-3 Cub kit (AUW 7.7 oz). It flies beautifully. Right now he is learning to fly on the G-3 simulator with a trainer I modified to match weight, wing area and power system. It is very realistic.

I'll post pics and report on the D-VII when completed.

Garry
Jul 10, 2006, 02:44 PM
You deserve my opinion
Garry,

Interesting...I've been looking at GPW's design and thinking about it with the GWS 2205-15 also. Mounting those little guys can be a challenge. How do you plan to attach it?

Pat
Jul 10, 2006, 07:06 PM
I bought one of these from Balsa Products and 10mmx10mm stick:

A quality anodized aluminum "stick" mount for brushless outrunner motors with 20mm screw spacing. Hex cap head motor mount screws included. Mount fits on standard 10mm square stick and has hole for securing with a wood screw (included). Fits MTM 300/400/450 and BP 8Y/12/21 outrunner motors. Weight: 6.9g.

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...69&pid=V035124

Garry
Jul 11, 2006, 06:15 AM
gpw
gpw
The DV111 flies fine on the GBCD motors that I have managed to wind...I would assume that a GWS motor would work Fine !!! and would give you even more vertical ... Mine on the GB 15t26awg motor/GWS 8x4HD /2s700lipos , will slowly rise vertically ... On 3 cells ... it scoots ....
Been flying alot of 3D maneuvers between this one and my new EPP 4S Symi-Soma... and I think they are close as far as flying abilities (both bipes)... and finally , I've gotten better at hovering ...Yahoo !!!!
Or possibly finding the correct aft cg for easy hovering .... set UP with a normal cg , flies like a trainer .... a responsive trainer, yes !!! Dual rates make it possible ...
Jul 11, 2006, 09:00 AM
You deserve my opinion
GB, Looks like a great solution. Hmmm, I may be too tight, however, to spend $8.50 to mount a $15 motor. Call me cheap...my kids do!

By the way, the GWS is a great little motor. I mounted one on a profile Frog. (Had to first take the motor apart and turn things around). The thrust is amazing, esp considering it's performing on a 2 cell battery.

GPW, I'm wondering about building the DR7 with a 2-Ply fuse to make it easier to mount a GWS motor and give it a little more durability. Your thots?

Thanks,
Pat
Jul 11, 2006, 09:19 AM
You deserve my opinion

Mounting the GWS motor

By the way, there's a good explation of how to mount a gws motor on a profile plane at https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529443

Simplify the process by using the plastic wall anchors and 5-min epoxy.
Jul 11, 2006, 12:09 PM
Found a GWS motor mount on the GWS site but have not found them online yet. No hobby store within 50 miles of here.

http://www.gwsus.com/english/product...t/gwemm28t.htm

These look good and I'm sure will be inexpensive once they make the US market.

Garry
Jul 11, 2006, 01:45 PM
Frankenstein recycled packs
E-flite makes some that look like that. No link... just found two at the LHS several months ago.
Jul 11, 2006, 02:03 PM
You deserve my opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB57
Found a GWS motor mount on the GWS site but have not found them online yet. No hobby store within 50 miles of here.

http://www.gwsus.com/english/product...t/gwemm28t.htm

These look good and I'm sure will be inexpensive once they make the US market.

Garry
I seem to recall reading that those would run $2...when they get here.
Jul 11, 2006, 07:27 PM
Whats a search engine?
new thread
Last edited by inventing_man; Jul 24, 2006 at 10:50 AM.
Jul 12, 2006, 06:23 AM
gpw
gpw
Shirt , built as directed it is Very strong and light ... doubling the fuse would only weight and every little gram affects the flying qualities ...But give it a try if you wish ... I kinda' like the simpler the better version ... and you certainly can't improve on the flying qualities....
Inventor...Sorry , I do not use the term "Flatout" because that is a commercially produced line of planes that turned out to be "not so good" (read : crap )..
gear on mine is 3 h55 servos , GWS R4P rx, BP-10 esc , and a GB 15t 26awg cd motor/2s700lipos...Light !!!
We plan on using these parameters to construct several more WW1 planes such as the Albatross , which was published earlier..At FoamFly...An Ag cat would be really Cool in profile and would be simple to make ....I don't know about the spraying part ....seems like everyone who builds an Ag-cat eventually wants to spray something ...????
Ps , I don't believe a little dihedral would hurt anything ....just not too much or you'll end UP RET....
Jul 12, 2006, 04:42 PM
Whats a search engine?
Thank you ! Sorry to call it a (bad name) these are foamie profile's then? or blu core marvels ? Just to spray my lawn with prop wash will be good enough for me . Well ok ... I may tie some white streamers on the bottom wing just for kicks . Would'nt you know it ...my printer is out of ink! it. So where can we get a good profile of WW1 aircraft to build planes from?
Last edited by inventing_man; Jul 24, 2006 at 10:51 AM.
Jul 13, 2006, 06:57 AM
gpw
gpw
Inv man... I'd Google a 3view of the plane ... Go to Google , click images and type in your request ...once you get a 3 view , you can scale it UP to the size you wish...Then using something like the Simple Fokker for example , cut out your own and asemble using hot glue... Yellow Testors spit bombs at the Wal-Mart work fine ...

Note!!! we most always make the tail surfaces a little larger for our scale "air"...

Quick Reply