Simple Fokker - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 22, 2006, 06:45 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
TOG , No LG 4 me...Rough soccer field has ripped off more LG ...hahahaha Busy street sometimes allows ROG , but don't want to chance hitting a car , especially the many Belle Chase PD that pass by ... BUT , The gear is shown on the plans ... done in your style , naturally !!!
Howard , these many times have I described your method for using hot-glue to produce a light strong join on Foamies...by slightly melting through the skin and a small bead...
You should really type up a sheet on this we can post over and over for the noobs , like the Bendfoam thingie' ... I've used your method for years now (has it been that long ?) with GREAT SUCCESS , producing Light but Strong models , that usually survive my interest in them ... Sure would make it easier on these old typing fingers (2) and the new guys would be so much better off like this , eh ??? ... Hot glue (TOG style ) used exclusively on the S/Fokker
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2006, 07:47 AM
Victoria Super Mortem

How to print??

When you go to Glen's album page, how do you print the plans to full size. Also, is the Fokker only 6 pages??

Bo
Jun 22, 2006, 08:10 AM
There is a free program called 'Irfanview' that does a great job of printing images:
http://www.irfanview.com/

GPW/TOG: I, for one, would be in your debt if you were to detail the techniques you guys have developed for building foamies.
Jun 22, 2006, 12:26 PM
GPW can't put gear on it, havent you seen where he lives, it's landing gear and there is no LAND left maybe some floats would work better. sorry for the bad humor i was born in France and now live in Australia hope this explains it please forgive me. i have heard you guys are a bit sensitive to this topic whenever something out of our controll happens here we just make jokes it takes the pain away.
Jun 23, 2006, 07:26 AM
gpw
gpw
F/wombat.... We tend to drink alot .... Ah !!! The French !!!!Yes, I'm part French , so I guess that's where my sick sense of humor comes from ...... Touche !!! hahahahhahhaha See, I can be Funny too despite having 80% of my city flooded not by a hurricane(that was the catylist) , but by political corruption causing inferior levee/flood protection to fail ....Too many politicans enriching and empowering themselves, despite the taxpayers .... like the olde' serfs and Lords ... back to that ... sensitive .... Na!!!

UB , only 6 pages ... wasn't there enough ??? Try clicking twice .... I print mine out on index card stock , 8.5"X 11"... and then cut and tape .... to make templates..

Hippo is the guy to talk to about the site ... He's REAL friendly and most helpfull ...

Kdah , find a plane you like , get a 3 view if possible ... blow it UP to a reasonable size for your gear (Webocalc helps ), make a simple model , test glide it in the yard , once is established , put the gear in , and test fly , adjust , adjust , adjust , till it flies like YOU want it to , and then have FUN ....
GUYS , This is the one !!! I can't say again or enough how much FUN I'm having with this one .... I'll have to convert my WW1 Albatross to one of these also ... Just too much Fun , for being SOOOOoooo Simple !!!
Jun 25, 2006, 11:46 AM
now i like the fokker and the sence of humor.
Jun 25, 2006, 11:49 AM
tell me about the politics i think the way the US government handled the situation was quite bad (censored my real feelings |read|) good luck getting things back together
Jun 25, 2006, 08:57 PM
gpw
gpw
Governments/Politicians , here,there,wherever, owe their loyalty to the people , not to money ....or so it should be...

Flew the Fokker this morning twice when it was calm ... Such nice slow rolls , and fast rolls too .... After all the biplanes I've built in the past , most with ailerons on each wing , and all that goofy linkage ...Why does this one roll so well with normal ailerons on the top wing only ....???????????? This has turned out to be a SUPER flyer , looks scale in the air , and was SOOOOO easy to build ....I recommend this plane HIGHLY ... for FUN
Jun 30, 2006, 08:27 AM
gpw
gpw
Just to confirm how much FUN we're having with this plane .... So simple and still will do the 3D stuff too ... and fly slow ...Not sensitive at all ,very neutral , especially for a bipe ...single wing ailerons seem just as effectibe then the more complex dual wing ailerons... I don't know why it flies SO GOOD ???? Don't blame me !!! Blame Tony ....
Jun 30, 2006, 12:26 PM
Pickin' an a Flyin'
I'm not kidding. You're going to make me put you on ignore. You will stop your raving at once! If I have to gut another plane...

Jul 01, 2006, 12:22 PM
gpw
gpw
Yeah , you can just ignore the Fun I'm having with this one .... gave the Tx to my 3D friend Dee... He wrung it out , hovered , R Circ. , everything .... he said it flew alot better than most 3D bipes .... except for the tendency of the rudder to yaw the plane ... but he said it wasn't as bad as some ... fine with me ... and imagine with smallish ailerons on only one wing ???
Jul 06, 2006, 07:06 AM
gpw
gpw
UPdate .... If you 've put off building a biplane because of the complexity, you need to give this one a try .... only 5 of "your basic" pieces to cut out , NO shaping , forming ,or airfoiling, no cabanes... just stick it together with hot-glue ... EASY !!!! add a couple bamboo skewers and you're done ... FLIES SUPER , and slow enough to look really scale in the air .... plenty of room, I might add, for weird German paint jobs too ...COOL !!!
Jul 06, 2006, 10:34 AM
yeah someone give it a go, i would but i am still waiting on parts to come in for my fokker DVII. and i have another project on the go aswell so i want to see someone else build this.
Jul 06, 2006, 03:00 PM
Foam Wannabe
A few questions for you GPW.
  1. Did you leave the skin on your FFF? Can't tell from the pics.
  2. What motor/prop setup are you liking on this plane?
  3. What's your AUW, including your battery? Or, what battery are you using?

Thanks, very nice looking plane.

Ron
Jul 07, 2006, 06:24 AM
gpw
gpw
RCAL... I most always leave the skin on ... a good deal of strength comes from having the skin on ... foam will crack , but the skin holds it together.... Too bad Dow decided to do away with one side skin ... bean counters probably told them they could make more profit .... Damn the product ...too many bean counters in business now .... good candidates for road kill ... hahahahaha like Politicians , Lawyers , and Bankers....hahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha hahahaah TRUE!!!
The best thing to do is seal the edges of the skin to the foam by lightly passing the hot tip of a Hot -Glue gun over it , thereby melting the skin to the foam ,so it won't lift , a problem that caused the demise of many a good plane in the past ...
On the Fokker , the Go Brushless 15t26awg cd motor (the cheap one ) and an 8x4 HD prop and 2s700lipos...(as recommended by GeneBond) Provides more than an ample supply of thrust and will let you conservatively fly for a long time ... putt-putting slowly around the sky ... like a Biplane .
AUW is around 6- 7 oz. depending on battery ... I have flown it with the heavier 2s1200 with NO PROBLEMS ... and flew it with the K350(light)...
it's really simple and flies FINE !!!!!! and is aerobatic too ... Everyone at the field has flown it and they love it ..... except for it doesn't go 900mph

Quick Reply