Simple Fokker - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 20, 2006, 05:50 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Discussion

Simple Fokker

Here's a cute little biplane that we've been working on .... Very very easy to build , flies Great !!!!! Turns with ailerons , OR rudder... Stable , great glide (even with the simple flat airfoils ) No nasty habits ... and SCALE yet ...You can decorate it as much as you want ...
Best of all is the flying qualities....loops rolls , hovers , 3d stuff... BIG FUN !!!

And here are a few mods for different planes , Thanks to Matthew954's Dad ...Cooh huh ? see post #669
Last edited by gpw; Jan 30, 2008 at 10:13 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 20, 2006, 05:55 AM
gpw
gpw
a couple more eqpt. pics...
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Jun 20, 2006, 08:23 AM
Multi discipline RC'er
Looking great gpw!!! Simple yet effective
Is the connection between the top wing and the fusealage reinforced in some way? Or is it just glued on?

(reminds me of my nieuport I crashed last week This looks like a fast replacement! Hope this doesn't hijack your thread)
Jun 20, 2006, 11:32 AM
hey i like the fokker. i have looked at your designs alot in the past and think that they are really simple and very functional i like this approch alot. good luck with it.
Jun 20, 2006, 01:26 PM
is it flying time?
Looks good Glen.

Jerry
Jun 20, 2006, 01:46 PM
Brit in Bahrain
Hi Glen,

Looks great ! Can't wait for the drawings.

Nigel
Jun 21, 2006, 03:20 AM
Pickin' an a Flyin'
Now that I have a full stack of fff looking at me, I think I'm going to have to vow to never visit another GPW thread again until it's gone. I love the D7...

BTW, MrHmmm, even your crash is scale! Best crash pic ever.
Jun 21, 2006, 07:21 AM
gpw
gpw
Glad you guys enjoy the D7 ... it's really simple and a FUN flyer without all that Tensorlike stick wrestling ... yet still does rolling circles, harriers , elevators, and hovers...
Mr.H .... the top wing is attached to the fuselage , no cabanes ... check out the plans , simple and works great !!!
I didn't even want to fool with a crutch , so I used a bamboo stick that was a bottle Rocket ... found many after New Years ... some 30" long 3/16-1/4" Dia. and FREE... I'll be looking after the 4th ...

Sorry about the no landing gear thing .... it's shown on the plans... We have rough grass at our field so wheels , or anything else, doesn't work so well ...Out of the few flights I did so far . I was able to slowly bring it by and just gently pluck it out of the air ... FUN stuff , eh ????
Jun 21, 2006, 07:29 AM
Victoria Super Mortem

Huh?

What plans? Am I missing something....per usual...
What great timing...I got the Dirty Deeds and Now this.. I broke my Depron Bipe into multiple pieces yesterday. Never get too comfortable handlaunching anything at 1/2 throttle. Sometimes they just nose over and hit the ground before you can react. Tooo Comfortable is bad umkay!

Bo
Last edited by UBILDIT; Jun 21, 2006 at 07:31 AM. Reason: trashed my Bipe yesterday
Jun 21, 2006, 07:48 AM
gpw
gpw
UB , sorry about the bipe ...
I built two versions of Genes mods of the Soma (4S) one in EPP.. And yes , got the plans for the Dirty Deeds...and am ready to build it ... I just wanted a plane that looked like a plane , and the Germans gave so much license for decorating those old Fokkers that it was a Natural ... The great flying characteristics was purely Dumb Luck ... good for me , and you .... hahahahahaha
Jun 21, 2006, 12:41 PM
is it flying time?
Hmmm, can't seem to find the link to the plans. Must be this lousy computer.

Jerry
Jun 21, 2006, 03:38 PM
Guerilla Flyer
Being kind of a simple fokker myself, I can't wait for the plans. Well done!
Jun 21, 2006, 06:23 PM
Foam Wannabe
GPW keeps his plans in a hidden stash, you just have to know where to look:

http://www.foamfly.com/gallery/Glen?&page=11

ron
Jun 21, 2006, 07:13 PM
gpw
gpw
RC , Thanks !!! I did the pics but forgot the link ... Geezers... ???
Jun 22, 2006, 05:54 AM
Foam rules
Nice one gpw, but no LG, at least this on deserve's LG. I know grass and all but it would send this one over the top. The Fokker DV11 alway my favorite.

Quick Reply