Jul 14, 2012, 08:05 PM
I am now looking at another 777 airliner, it is made by Windrider, available in a couple of month's, check out these threads about 1/2 way down

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...66207&page=263

This one is a vid of the proto type
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...66207&page=272

It will be available complete and with all servo's,motor's, speedies, it is on the Windrider's web site

http://www.windrider.com.hk/product.asp?id=164

Mike
Last edited by limodune; Jul 14, 2012 at 08:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 14, 2012, 11:04 PM
Exactly what I've been looking for! I would have loved to build a Windrider kit but living in an apartment tends to restrict things I've even had to give up my plastic modelling!

Will preorder ASAP!
Jul 15, 2012, 08:16 PM
Always Indecisive
Hey guys. So now Im thinking that when i get the super airliner, im going to run a single 3s 5000mah 25c lipo with the 10 blade change sun blades and turnigy L2855-2800 EDF motors. How much flight time should i expect?
Last edited by electricrc68; Jul 15, 2012 at 09:18 PM.
Jul 28, 2012, 05:43 PM
Super Airliner Pilots, For those of you, who have installed retracts in your 777, I could use your help. I'm attempting to do the same, and could use your recommendations. Which brands have a shallow enough casing to install, in the wing, using the existing wood mounts. I've got the nose gear issue figured out, but any/all suggestions are welcome.....
Jul 29, 2012, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxpkg2000
Super Airliner Pilots, For those of you, who have installed retracts in your 777, I could use your help. I'm attempting to do the same, and could use your recommendations. Which brands have a shallow enough casing to install, in the wing, using the existing wood mounts. I've got the nose gear issue figured out, but any/all suggestions are welcome.....
http://www.seabreezeparachutes.com/s...iner/view.html
Jul 29, 2012, 05:50 PM
Testfly, I'm impressed with the 5 wheel trick. Didn't think of that. Very nice job on the video. Thanx for the info, now I've got an idea of what my next project is....
Aug 15, 2012, 06:57 PM

Airliner Woes...

Hi All,

Been reading this thread and have been interested in the EFlite 777 for a while. Recently,a club members had one that he was selling so I picked it up.
It needed a little TLC and I got it ready. Today I took it out and tried it. The initial takeoff was a bit hairy and I managed to get it in the air. (CG was set @ 5.5) After it got "Onto the Step" it seem to handle okay but was a bit underpowered (Fully charged Skylipo's,2200mah, 40C). I dont know if the air temp had something to do with my troubles (90 F. )

Flew the thing around for a bit and noticed an odd tail wag or oscillation during level flight. Changing the power setting didn't seem to make much difference. To me it would seem to need a bit more vertical stabilizer area. There was a slight harmonics issue due to the fans being slightly out of balance.

Didnt get a chance to figure out the tail wag or anything else. As I was trying to make an approach to land, the plane got low and slow, and well you know the rest. Yup, I admit it, I dumb-thumbed it....

I think I can get the fuselage back together. The wing has broke at the root and I'm not sure if I am going to reuse it or not. The wing had a number of small repairs done in its life along with other issues and I think I would be better off to start with a new wing...provided I can still get one.

I like the model overall and So I will start my hunt for new parts.

Does anyone have an assembly manual for this that they could copy for me? I am wondering if maybe the model's geometry was a bit off causing some of the handling issues.

I am also going to carefully check the fans, motors and shrouds and upgrade as needed.
Aug 15, 2012, 08:43 PM

Details, details, post crash report...

Hi All,

I took a look at the bits and pieces and found a clue for the wagging of the plane. The guy I bought the plane from said he flew it and it performed okay for him. I never saw the plane fly myself so I took his word for it being okay/ good to go.The plane came more or less ready to fly sans receiver. I look it over I thought carefully but I missed a small but important detail.

When I was doing the post-mortem on the plane I found one of the impellors mounted Backwards! This would explain the wagging issue due to assymetrical thrust between the motors. There was other wise no real indication because the motors sounded more or less the same at full power during my ground testing

Given that one of the impellors was backwards, the plane still flew okay, it just had a tail wag. So I guess that says allot about who ever designed the model made it basically a good stable flyer.

I was able to order the parts thru the local hobby dealer. Lets see if they show up intact !

Carlos G.
Aug 23, 2012, 11:36 AM
The tail wag is also characteristic of the fact it has a light wing loading and gets bounced around easily, especially when flying in conditions with surface winds.

I also agree the stock airliner is a slightly underpowered. Lots of good threads in this forum on upgrading the motors and fans.
Aug 23, 2012, 11:45 AM
Always Indecisive
Jetnfast, is there someplace other than hobbyking where i can find upgraded motors and fans for grass takeoffs? I posted earlier in this thread about this, but every item was from hobbyking.
Aug 23, 2012, 03:02 PM
Just curious, did you have a bad experience with HK? I run quite a few of their components, and have had zero issues. Anyhow, I would suggest the change sun 70mm fans with motor of your choice. I was going to suggest the turnigy 2855/2300kv motors, but I am sure there is an equivelant non HK product.
Aug 23, 2012, 03:47 PM
Electric68, I know a guy who used 2 eflite delta15 set-ups(68mm/3600kv/4s) and his airliner has a pair of BRASS ones. I upgraded to 70mm, but w/different motors, twin 60A esc's, and I really like the way she flies now. I just completed the install of the retracts, so I'll post results after re-maiden.
Aug 23, 2012, 09:39 PM
Always Indecisive
Okay thanks guys. Well i have never ordered from hobbyking, and am a bit skeptical on ordering from them....should i be?
Aug 24, 2012, 12:59 AM
RC + Full Scale
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricrc68
Okay thanks guys. Well i have never ordered from hobbyking, and am a bit skeptical on ordering from them....should i be?
I've ordered a plane and many batteries from HK and I've had no problems. Really good prices! I've heard bad things about their receivers but that's it. I think their a good company. I hope you have no trouble if you order from them.

Quick Reply