Oct 06, 2006, 05:22 PM
Thread OP
Zob, the flight pack is mounted with Velcro, and the Lipo pack is mounted on a stand off on top of the dolly release/tow release sevo and is hels by velcro and velcro straps in case you were wondering.
Latest blog entry: Testing the blog page
to remove ads between posts
Oct 07, 2006, 02:46 PM
ZOB
ZOB
Thanks Dennis, my setup is very much the same as yours i will post some pictures shortly.
ZOB
Oct 08, 2006, 01:48 PM
Thread OP
Zob, here is the drop dolly photos, I layed up some glass on the fuselage bottom, used light ply, a little lightweight filler and glass fillets, and of course I can never leave it at that, a little primer and PPG urethane and its finished.
Oct 11, 2006, 04:44 AM
Hi Troops,
Drop dolly looks good, I will have to do similar but for now my helper will just have to keep running with the wing tip. Taking the Windex to large Electric fun fly this weekend, should be good.

Cheers BJ
Oct 17, 2006, 07:02 PM
Thread OP
Anyone else have pictures of their Windex? I want to see what spinner you are using, I use the Graupner, not bad but could use one slightly larger and much longer, so far I haven't seen any other that will work besides the Graupner.
Oct 22, 2006, 10:03 PM
Thread OP
Just got back from the Visalia Fall Aerotow, flew the Windex about 6 times, it works better with the 14x10 prop over the 14x7, batteries working nicely, not too hot, drawing about 1800 to 2000 out of the pack for a full altitude motor run (1200 feet?), pretty neat to fly when the towplanes are not yet ready in the morning, its a keeper!
Oct 26, 2006, 11:23 PM
Thread OP
The latest Windex mod, not a critical thing to be done, but when taking off thick grass I was a little worried about the wing tips snagging and causing a ground loop or worse. Ground off the faux wheels and ground out a slot, made aluminum wheels out of 1/16, add a little carbon inside the tip, now I have a little less friction out at the tips for grass takeoffs.
Dec 22, 2006, 03:44 PM
ZOB
ZOB
Hi Dennis, well i just finished my Windex last week, it has flown and to say im over the moon is an understatement. The Motor is a Mega 41/30/15 running a 14/8.5 prop powered by 20 3700 nimh cells and has a exellent rate of climb, giving me a least 5 climbs to hight, cooling of the motor and the battery has`nt been a problem. I have`nt weighed it yet but if it`s over weight it does`nt show. OK now for the pictures, hope you enjoy anyway all i want to do now is wish all at RC Groups a HAPPY CHRISTMAS and a PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR.

Regards ZOB (Keith)
Dec 23, 2006, 11:56 AM
Hello S2000.

Look into : www.iggnorge.com

There is a guy who is " building " a plane like yours - and he has a suggestion on powerplant !!

Happy x-mas and newyear.

hld - OY-9901 ( Hans )
Dec 24, 2006, 03:18 PM
Thread OP
Hans, thanks for the link, the Windex looks cool in yellow. Zob, right after the last post I saw your Windex, looks great with the color scheme, it really opens up new flying possibilities doesn't it? I might have to bring it to the JR aerotow next June to show it to the crowd there, it sure gets the eyes of anyone who hasn't seen one before.
Dec 24, 2006, 03:36 PM
ZOB
ZOB
Yes Dennis, i have found that it`s so easy to fly and it aerobats really well i tend to throw it around abit. It soars well i can`t wait till the summer or at least warmer weather to see how it thermals.
ZOB
Jan 12, 2007, 06:29 AM

Just ordered mine !

Hello all,

I just ordered mine in Belgium (Europe).
They told me I have to wait about 6weeks ! I hope they past fast ! ! I would like to fly in the summer with this beautifull plane.

I noticed that some of you have already some experience with this plane, so please comment ...

I would use a HIMAX 5018-530 (900 W on 6 lipo's) with a 14-7 prop. A Hacker 70SB controller, on the lipo's I am not sure what capacity to use I would like something like 4000-5000 ?
Further on, Hitec servos and my MC24 will do I think. What do you think on not using a receiver battery and working with a BEC system? Question of weight I would say.

I'll keep you informed about the progress.

Best regards,
Philip
Jan 14, 2007, 01:45 PM
Go as low as your comfort goes

Some questions about the Baudis 1:3 Windex 1200c

Hello there,

My name is Rick, living in the Netherlands. In my search for a self-launching glider if found the Swedish Windex 1200c model and ended on this forum.

Could anyone inform me about the flight characteristics of this 1:3 Baudis model? Before ordering the kit I would like to be informed about take-off “habits”, thermal soaring capabilities and how it responds to aerobatic. Does it come “close” to (per example) a Fox MDM-1 ??

Another question concerns the power plant. What would be an ultimate set-up? Would an AXI 4120/12 brushless, Reisenauer Super Chief 4:1 with LiPo 10s 3200 do the trick?
I am looking for high performance with power to spare.

You’re response would be appreciated very much ! ! !

Kindest regards,
Rick
Jan 14, 2007, 05:22 PM
Thread OP
Rick, I have been flying mine since September, the takeoff is a little unusual since the nose tips forward until the elevator is effective, see the dolly I came up in previous posts to cure that. It is fairly aerobatic, but not as precise as a Fox or Swift, the Windex has a lot of dihedral so it won't be as exact in maneuvers as the those 2 planes, but it is very fun to fly and light. I am not familiar with the AXI motor you want to use, but with a 10 cell Lipo pack I am sure that is plenty of power. I use a NeuMotor 1509 with a 4 cell 4200 Lipo pack, it climbs about 800 feet a minute. I highly recommend the Windex!
Jan 17, 2007, 03:00 PM
Go as low as your comfort goes
s2000,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate!
For now I'm trying to get in contact with Jiri at Baudis in Czech, for additional info.

The way you tackled the take-off habit is a good one.

Keep us posted on your fligths.

Regards,
Rick

Quick Reply