Jun 13, 2006, 11:07 AM
Thread OP
Help!

Flying sites in or around Vallejo, CA

I'm looking for flying sites for hand launch as well as slope gliders around Vallejo, CA. I know there is a place in American Canyon, but that looks like they are trying to keep people out these days.

What I'm really looking for are suggestions of places I can go fly my hand launch glider. It needs to be a pretty big area, since I'm new to trying to catch thermals and don't want to end up in some trees or someones backyard.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!! Thanks!

Randy
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2006, 12:27 PM
DCS
DCS
TD is for Me
Greetings.

You just missed a great "fun fly" in Fremont sponsored by Bob "Top 10 at Poway" McGowan.

Monitor this thread on the Bay RC groups site for upcoming events:

http://www.bayrc.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2619

Also, you can usually find at least one DLGer flying at the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton. Sure, it's not Vallejo, but it's a great site for DLG (and TD) flying. Plus, when the thermals get blown out in the PM you're about 20 mintues from Del Valle - so bring your slopers, too.

Ciao.
Jun 13, 2006, 01:36 PM
Thread OP
Thanks for the info. I didn't know about bayrc.com. Looks like a lot of good information. I'll check it out and see what's going on. Thanks again.
Jun 14, 2006, 12:56 AM
auto-tune remix
Theres a slope near the Maritime Academy, but it blows pretty hard from what I'm led to understand. "Checkenbach" here on RCGroups flies in Benecia quite a bit and knows the area very well. Maybe PM him.

Quick Reply