Jul 21, 2002, 03:04 PM
Checking the wind

Gym-E sucked into jet engine!!

Well, not really, if it had really happened I think there would have been lots more damage? $39.00 to the Gym-E and $500,000 to the jet!

My Gym-E however is my new traveling companion. Fits well in the baggage compartment and is a real pilot boredom fighter. It has flown inside a few airplane hangers and in the parking lot of the Hilton. This photo was taken around mid-night in Neberaska. I flew her on the ramp under tall lights while waiting on my passengers to show up. I've found that the GYM-E can be flown almost anyplace if the wind conditions are right.

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2002, 03:11 PM
BEC
BEC
Cool stuff!

Have you made any mods to the airplane to make it easier to pack?
Jul 21, 2002, 03:33 PM
Checking the wind
No, I just remove the wing and stash it in a little nook in the aft baggage area. No one gets back there but me, so I don't worry about breaking it much.

Mike
Jul 21, 2002, 04:13 PM
He wasn't always evil
So I take it your an executive pilot? Lucky guy, what type of planes do ya fly?

-Brett
Jul 21, 2002, 04:14 PM

Night Shot

Great idea!

Cool night pic!

Roger
Jul 21, 2002, 05:44 PM
FLYER spelled I-squared-R
Same question as Brett: Can we presume that it is the Citation in the picture?
Jul 21, 2002, 05:53 PM
Leave me alone!
Hangars would be great spaces for the Gym-E! That really is a fly-anywhere airplane.
Jul 21, 2002, 06:17 PM
Not sure of the plane , but looks like a TFE731 engine. I would guess it is a Hawker.
Jul 21, 2002, 06:21 PM
On second look the ventral fin looks wrong to be a Hawker.
Jul 21, 2002, 06:44 PM
MKH
MKH
It's a Citation for sure, and from the paintjob I'm gonna guess it belongs to NetJets. Did I get it right?
MKH
Jul 21, 2002, 07:45 PM
If that's a Citation, you would have to be careful of the Gym-E striking it from the rear.....

Jul 21, 2002, 10:17 PM
Im going with the Cassna Citation also...First thought it was a Lear...But engines looks to far back...
Jul 21, 2002, 11:59 PM
Leave me alone!
My vote goes to the Cessna Slowtation as well. Put us out of our misery, kansascloud!
Jul 22, 2002, 11:27 AM
FLYER spelled I-squared-R
Here's the clue:

Note the change in the deice equipment on the wing leading edge. Most Citations (except the new ones with the bigger engines) have bleed-air directly in front of the engines to prevent ingesting chunks of ice and boots outboard to reduce the bleed-air requirements of the system.
Jul 22, 2002, 06:26 PM
MKH
MKH
Quote:
Originally posted by fliir
Here's the clue:

Note the change in the deice equipment on the wing leading edge. Most Citations (except the new ones with the bigger engines) have bleed-air directly in front of the engines to prevent ingesting chunks of ice and boots outboard to reduce the bleed-air requirements of the system.
If that inboard section is polished aluminum, as it looks in the photo, it could be an SII, Ultra, or Bravo. It's definitely a Citation of some variant. I spend a good portion of every work week polishing those leading edges, and the engine inlets and buckets too. Wonder if the boss would let me fly my Gym-E in the hangar?
Marcus